Line Up 2019 Predictions

OFWGKTA

1 hour ago, ollieg99 said:

Tickets for Courteeners shows seem to have been selling like hotcakes so they must be a shoe-in as a headliner for 2019 (hopefully without The Vaccines upstaging them something rotten this round).

Both The Prodigy and The Streets are touring next year and seem to suit the KC crowd as a dance/hip-hop headliner. I will be dismayed if they even attempt to get Run DMSack-offs again.

No idea about the third headliner. New Order or Snow Patrol for all I know.

As I said on another thread I'd personally like to see them go for someone wacky like Limp Bizkit or Fatboy Slim. Or even a female-fronted band like Chvrches. Fat chance probably.

Stab-in-the-dark guess (Similar to Comfy Bean):

Thur: Snow Patrol

Fri: Courteeners

Sat: Prodigy

Sun: New Order

What would be the chances of Frank Carter or Turner turning up next year?

Frank the god of rain turner could defo be in with a shout has he headlined the Thursday yet ? He’s headlined every where else on site including the toilets and kids calling so I’m sure he’s due a return.

prodigy I can’t see it unless the like of Y not , standon calling and maybe camp bestival join forces to give them a decent 3 night on the trot payday. 

Snow patrol are definitely doing more shows next year depends if live nation give them a golden handcuffs deal . 

The courteeners are perfect just depends on what they require to headline ........ in Manchester they can make a shed load on a show and all though the tickets have sold well for their upcoming tour they still playing quite a few academy size venues so I guess it will come down to their egos and management if they headline Kendal.

i just want some headline acts with a decent amount of hits and preferably current! 

Chemicals 

The 1975

the courteeners 

Would be my pick 

Edited by LOCHLAND5

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

You might be right but they said that about Noel.

Noel had already had his come down by then though. He hit all smaller festivals after he'd done the sub slots at IOW and V Festival plus headline slot which was fairly weak at T...headlined Latitude the same year.

Shame with T as I think for not messing up the Saturday in 2014 I'd have gone again. I think they booked The Stone Roses one too much that year too after T, Glasgow Green and T again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Think Mumfords is a good shout ... also wouldn't surprise me to see London grammar on the bill .. after how well he went down this year I can see Gerry cinnamon on again and bumped up the order .. I've said courteeners every year for past 5 years and it's never happened so as much as I'd love to see em there I'm not holding out much hope there .. thinking Jamie T , prodigy , new order,  Paul Weller.. chic , and tom odell ... ?

4 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

I reckon the Courteeners selling out 55000 tickets for Heston Park this morning effectively makes them too big for Kendal Calling

Yeah but they wouldn’t shift 55 k of tickets outside Manchester! Plus it’s done on the cheap this show all of the infrastructure will already be there from parklife so it’s essentially just another weeks hire of park and equipment with no build or load out costs ! Still a chance they will do the likes of Kendal and so on . 

2 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Yeah but they wouldn’t shift 55 k of tickets outside Manchester! Plus it’s done on the cheap this show all of the infrastructure will already be there from parklife so it’s essentially just another weeks hire of park and equipment with no build or load out costs ! Still a chance they will do the likes of Kendal and so on . 

Agreed.....I’ve had a look on Eventim and they still have tickets to shift for Leeds and Newcastle.

i wouldn’t miss them at Kendal Calling mind....I bet they draw and awful crowd....I must be getting old ?

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Nice one mate you hoping for new order ? 

We need to get you spinning the vinyl somewhere over the weekend! It’s crying out for an old school slot somewhere 

I am not too mithered who is on to be fair mate. It's a festival I have always wanted to attend but circumstances have meant that I have been unable to make it. Going with a right good group of people next year so will make the most of it no matter who is on.

I do think New Order will pop up at some point though. They just seem to fit really. Maybe the Thursday night headliner?