Line Up 2019 Predictions

OFWGKTA

1 hour ago, OFWGKTA said:

Haven’t seen this thread started yet but if it has i apologise, might be a bit too early to start predicting but i’m hopeful that Biffy could make an appearance next year!

Biffy! Please god no ! 

I would say The courteeners must be in with a shot a decent dance act maybe chemicals or maybe Faithless. Then maybe Green day ! 

And it’s time the KC crowd grew up and stopped with nonsense of wanting the hotpots every year ! They are shit and the jokes not funny anymore 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

I would say The courteeners must be in with a shot a decent dance act maybe chemicals or maybe Faithless.

Could very much see Courteeners headlining (every time '19' was played in a venue it was mental.) Think Faithless are dormant but Chems played Blue Dot which must pay about the same dosh. They would be rather special in the trees!

I didn’t bother with catfish but it’s a fair enough booking.

Going by the reaction and crowd size for Tom Greenan, Gerry Cinnamon and Declan McKenna then I think they’ll take a punt again on a young act. 

A dance type headliner used to be part of the weekend so how about....

Chems - Chvrches - Chic

Or throw money at the Killers. 

Oh and Jimmy Cliff in the Wailers Sunday evening slot.

1 hour ago, Wilson86 said:

Think they'll have a least 1 or 2 female fronted bands/acts headlining, so maybe Florence or Lily Allen, who im sure has an album out she'll be touring.

Yer, in this day & age and current criticism about lack of female artists at festivals it was a very male dominated (at the top on the main) line up.  Although from memory it normally is at KC. Not a criticism as such as I'm sure it was not an intention on their part , just an observation. I guess you have to have artists touring and of the caliber to book them.

Blondie last female fronted headliner?  

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure on headliner mate think Kendal will be going bigger than that next year , could be a decent sub though . 

Could they do the Thursday night headliner malarkey?

I would still be a little shocked if they did not headline it though.

12 hours ago, eastynh said:

Could they do the Thursday night headliner malarkey?

I would still be a little shocked if they did not headline it though.

I guess Thursday could be possible but after this years reaction to the line up I would presume they will be trying to secure better more current artists. 

I would say the will be looking at the likes of LG , The courteeners maybe Ashcroft and a decent dance act such as the chemicals. 

I recon they should give you a slot down the valley of the beats doing an old school set that would be class .

I guess Thursday could be possible but after this years reaction to the line up I would presume they will be trying to secure better more current artists. 

I would say the will be looking at the likes of LG , The courteeners maybe Ashcroft and a decent dance act such as the chemicals. 

I recon they should give you a slot down the valley of the beats doing an old school set that would be class .

I have stopped djing now. Not done it for a while as it stopped being fun. Places don't even have turn tables any more.

I am happy just going to gigs and festivals now. Have taken a real zest in listening to new stuff (says the man championing New Order for  a headline set ?)

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

The 1975 might be a good shout!

I’ll go for.....

Thursday - Leftfield

Friday - 1975

Saturday - Run DMC (I don’t think we’ll get away with it)

Sunday - Vaccines

I’d love to see Arcade Fire myself....but again, I’m aiming well to high haha

I’d be there for arcade fire. They had left field headlining electric fields last weekend. KC folk have some involvement apparently. They were brilliant but not sure the kc audience would be happy with them headlining.

Young Fathers stole the show at EF. Would be a bold move to book them but they would be amazing in the fields.

Courteeners and Prodigy will be going on my predictions list.

Tickets for Courteeners shows seem to have been selling like hotcakes so they must be a shoe-in as a headliner for 2019 (hopefully without The Vaccines upstaging them something rotten this round).

Both The Prodigy and The Streets are touring next year and seem to suit the KC crowd as a dance/hip-hop headliner. I will be dismayed if they even attempt to get Run DMSack-offs again.

No idea about the third headliner. New Order or Snow Patrol for all I know.

As I said on another thread I'd personally like to see them go for someone wacky like Limp Bizkit or Fatboy Slim. Or even a female-fronted band like Chvrches. Fat chance probably.

Stab-in-the-dark guess (Similar to Comfy Bean):

Thur: Snow Patrol

Fri: Courteeners

Sat: Prodigy

Sun: New Order

What would be the chances of Frank Carter or Turner turning up next year?

Edited by ollieg99