Sign in to follow this  
pothead pixie

Camp Bestival Cancelled due to weather conditions.

Because of high winds I think; the ground doesn't look bad at all from the photos I've seen. And not opening the arena at all today can only be good for us next weekend!

Feel for the Bestival team. Sounds like a terrible year financially with this and offering 2 for 1 tickets for next weekend. Hope they can ride it out. 

1 hour ago, TommyLC said:

Feel for the Bestival team. Sounds like a terrible year financially with this and offering 2 for 1 tickets for next weekend. Hope they can ride it out. 

It's going to be a tough one for them for sure, especially as they are invoking their ticket refund policy according to their website. I haven't looked at the policy or know further details, but wonder if the policy is only for Sunday ticket holders, or a partial refund for people who were there all weekend. They may have insurance for this though. If not, it may be a nasty financial sting.

On the same weekend in Ireland there is going to be 4 or 5 festivals competing against each other too, All Together Now, Indiependence, Castle Palooza and Beatyard in Dublin.

Still waiting for confirmation that this will go ahead.... ANYONE got any news