Not taking baby

morph100

So planning on leaving the baby morph at the grandparents if the ticket gods shine on us come October. Bit worried I will miss his little face though....

should I go for less time (normally Tuesday  morning to Monday night) campervanning?

Go for same time and just face time baby morph when possible?

get wrecked and forget I’ve even got a baby  and pretend I’m still in my 20’s?

Swap baby for 100 flamingos?

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Any strong reason you can’t you take ‘lil morph.

Due to lack of babysitters our best option is to take baby Moth and try campervanning for the first time.

Just going to wait a few years so he can properly enjoy it and got willing babysitters now. 

My wife and I had A little boy in April this year so he will be 1 when Glasto rolls round next year. We always had a deal I would continue going but only fri-sun instead of normal Tuesday arrive, and she would look after him. The more she thinks about it she wants to go too tho , so likely we will leave him with his auntie. 

I think we will still only arrive on Friday tho.  We tend to go canpervan in recent years so we can get a friend to put tent up in advance. It will be weird not going on the Tuesday as normal as I love those extra days at the start, but I think leaving him for longer would feel a bit weird, plus I would miss him.

holefully one day we will take him with us but think we will wait until he is a fair bit older as that would make it a very different festival ha

I have been going to Glastonbury since my daughter was 15 months old (she's now 6) and she has a holiday for a week with her nan. She is used to this scenario and is perfectly happy with the arrangement. We talk twice a day on the phone and I spoil her with festival goodies when I get back. I really want to take her but I still think at her age it would be a hard slog if it's hot or wet. However, if we are lucky enough to get tickets this year my mum will bring her to us on the Sunday and we will spend the day in kidz field, circus and theatre etc and she can stay the night. Only spanner in the works is we have a 13 week old baby (he will be 13 months by next june) so he will stay with my mum as well, but I worry 13 months may be a little bit early to leave him for 5 days.

I miss my daughter lots when I'm there...especially on the Sunday when I'm pretty fragile and tired after 5 days. Still it's good for me to have some time out from being a sensible parent and good for her to have time with her nan.

35 minutes ago, Larraht said:

I have been going to Glastonbury since my daughter was 15 months old (she's now 6) and she has a holiday for a week with her nan. She is used to this scenario and is perfectly happy with the arrangement. We talk twice a day on the phone and I spoil her with festival goodies when I get back. I really want to take her but I still think at her age it would be a hard slog if it's hot or wet. However, if we are lucky enough to get tickets this year my mum will bring her to us on the Sunday and we will spend the day in kidz field, circus and theatre etc and she can stay the night. Only spanner in the works is we have a 13 week old baby (he will be 13 months by next june) so he will stay with my mum as well, but I worry 13 months may be a little bit early to leave him for 5 days.

I miss my daughter lots when I'm there...especially on the Sunday when I'm pretty fragile and tired after 5 days. Still it's good for me to have some time out from being a sensible parent and good for her to have time with her nan.

Yeah I would love mini morph to come for the Sunday shame we don’t live closer otherwise I could get the grandparents to drop him off for a day in the kids field...

Last year was our first festival as parents. We've decided Glasto is our thing to do until he can walk for distance of his own accord, then we'll take him. Intending on doing a smaller festival as a family next year though to break him in gently. Maybe Camp Bestival or Latitude. 

We ended up going Thurs-Mon, leaving the boy was his Nanna for the duration. We actually enjoyed being a lot fresher for when the music properly kicked off on Friday, with only having a one day hangover to contend with rather than a 2 dayer. 

We spoke each day and were sent pictures regularly which was nice. 

A few days break did us good, obviously couldn't wait to get back and see him though!

Baby Jass will be 18 months next June and we have already made the decision that she will not be coming with us, she’ll be off to her grandparents and either leave theirs late Thursday or early Friday and be back Monday morning.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my daughter more than anything, but Glastonbury is the one weekend a year for us to cut loose and enjoy ourselves. I can’t do that with a small child attached to me.

5 hours ago, Larraht said:

I don’t think you should be giving drugs to children.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ever since my first GF, back in the mists of time, it’s always struck me as a wonderful place to take kids. That said, if the child is too young to comprehend and appreciate it for what it is, I don’t see the point and could lead to frustration when young Morph needs to settle down for the night and all you want to do is watch The 1975’s historic first Pyramid headline slot. 

I know many people take their kids and love it, but I don't think I do the kind of Glastonbury that's compatible with a small child, plus I don't think my daughter is the kind of child who would enjoy it.  And she started school last year, so it's all a bit academic now.  Happy for her to come along after her GCSEs!

It may sound mean, but I've always gone to Glastonbury to leave my responsibilities behind. I've no interest in taking my life's biggest responsibility along.  If we lived local, then having her tag along for a few hours would be fine, but 3-5 days?  No way.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Our little one will be 3 by next Glastonbury and we know she would absolutely love it, but as many have said on here Glastonbury is that one time of the year, to be a bit silly, and as selfish as it is, having to settle down at 10/11pm would absolutely kill me at Glastonbury knowing what i'm missing out on. She'll be spending a week at her Nan's (ticket Gods permitting), like she did in 2017. Missed her like hell, but enjoyed every second of the festival. 

6 hours ago, John the Moth said:

‘Lil Moth will be 18 months next fest and circumstances dictate she comes with us or we don’t go at all.

i started to suggest I go on my own but a dark shadow started to gather behind Mrs Moth’s eyes and I quickly changed the subject!

Yessir.