Who's going?

Kashkin

Me, my wife and eldest daughter will be there. I wonder how many tickets are unsold?

It's been a few years since we last went, but from what I've read it hasn't changed a great deal.
Hope the weather is good.

Will be my first visit since 2009, really looking forward to it. Having checked out vids and blogs from recent years it looks like it hasn't changed a bit. Stellar line-up this year and I am dragging my usual Glastonbury crew with me so they can get their fallow year festival fix.

17 minutes ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

We'll be there, full family of four. We haven't been since 2011 so really looking forward to it. This year we've doubled up with sister festival Bearded Theory, so BDs has a lot to live up to.

I'm doing both this year too - what a brilliant festival BT was

4 hours ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

It was, one of the best yet. But BDs should brilliant too!

Most looking forward to The Hives

Was watching some of them live on YouTube earlier - we could be in for a treat. Otherwise there's always something else good on at BDs, I've discovered some real gems by chance there

I'll be there :)

i also went to Bearded Theory, and was blown away. That'll be a regular fixture in my year, now, as will Beautiful Days. Hoping the good weather lasts a few more weeks!

Most looking forward to seeing Vintage Trouble again, and Slow Reader's Club, Feeder and The Wildhearts. Plus, the Barsteward Sons of Val Doonican and Mik Artistik are always on my list if they're playing at a festival!

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

saw My Baby at the weekend - rather good. :)

2 hours ago, elias said:

That's good to know. Been listening to them quite a bit and liking them a lot.

Saw them 4 times last year - superb every time. I had actually forgotten they were playing at BD.

My first time this year so looking forward to a new festival.

Spending the wednesday night at my son's in weston s mare to break the drive up then meeting a few friends at exeter services on thursday morning.

What's the thursday night at the festival like, is it just a quiet night around the camp or do they have a few acts on like at Bearded Theory.

Aye, my first BDs but also taking my brother to his first camping festival. He's really keen on seeing Suzanne Vega, so can see me foregoing the Hives party on Friday night for a bit of a chilled one.

Loads to look forward to. Return viewings for Skinny Lister, Dub Pistols, Vintage Trouble, DEFINITELY Mik and Hobo Jones, and p[robably end up seeing 3DM again just because I always do even when I don't mean to!

First time watches for Manics, 40 Shillings on the Drum, Suzanne Vega, Gogol Bordello.

Looking forward, heard nothing but good things from those I know who've been before :)

On 7/28/2018 at 9:53 AM, Kashkin said:

Some recommendations for smaller acts: Holy Moly & the Crackers, My Baby, Slow Readers Club.

I'll continue to bang the drum for 3 Daft Monkeys.  Seen them so many times and always enjoy it. Take yer dancing shoes.

1 minute ago, Ravey Davey Gravy said:

Has the day splits and running order been released somewhere?

Not yet, but when they released the first line up dump back in March it said that Vega would be Friday night in the Big Top

20 hours ago, bucko said:

What's the thursday night at the festival like, is it just a quiet night around the camp or do they have a few acts on like at Bearded Theory.

More the former really. All the food/bars/cafes etc will be open, there are small places to hang out like the Tea Tent, but no acts will be on.

On 7/28/2018 at 9:53 AM, Kashkin said:

Some recommendations for smaller acts: Holy Moly & the Crackers, My Baby, Slow Readers Club.

On 7/28/2018 at 12:20 PM, mr gumby said:

I'll be there :)

i also went to Bearded Theory, and was blown away. That'll be a regular fixture in my year, now, as will Beautiful Days. Hoping the good weather lasts a few more weeks!

Most looking forward to seeing Vintage Trouble again, and Slow Reader's Club, Feeder and The Wildhearts. Plus, the Barsteward Sons of Val Doonican and Mik Artistik are always on my list if they're playing at a festival!

How the hell have I never come across these guys before?  LIstening to their new album now and this is right up my street!