Going Solo in 2019

natashalisa1984

Hi All

I am looking to go to my 1st Glastonbury festival in 2019 however I am thinking about going solo as none of my mates can make it or fancy it.

is anyone else looking to go solo next year? I am hoping to meet up some people to in similar position, I will be travelling from  South Wales (UK) so if anyone would like to car share etc i am more than happy

Natasha xx

Hiya.  I went solo last year for the first time as none of my mates were going, although it wasn't my first Glasto.

Best advice I'd give is to try and keep yourself on the forum, and chat crap with the guys and girls on here.  I ended up camping with some of the people I'd met on here, and got to see loads of others in the flesh at the efests meet up on the Wednesday evening and again with a smaller group on the Thursday.  Did my own thing for the most part, but had a big old crowd of us meet up for one of the closing sets on Sunday and then up to the hill to finish the weekend. Had a lovely time of it.

Groups tend to open up closer to the time for solo travellers, so if you get involved on here you'll get swept up in one of them! 

• 2 months later...

I went on my own in 2017  and joined Camp Solo. It was a great mixture of company when you wanted it but freedom to roam and do your own thing.  Don't be worried about being on your own.  And there's plenty of time to hook up with people on here if you prefer too.

• 1 month later...

As someone who has camped with one of these groups, if you are thinking of going to Glastonbury and you are going solo, I would wholeheartedly recommend visiting the link Neil has put up at the top of the forum and getting involved.  It is an excellent way to camp, get to know new folks and find people with similar interests to spend some time with at the festival, even if that is just sat around the tents at the end of the day comparing notes.

Edited by Spindles

• 3 months later...

I am in the same situation. For various reasons, my normal Glasto group is a not happening so am looking for a new bunch of people to hang out with! I can't see the link Neil refers to however? I am based in London. I still actually need to get tickets however. Lost out in October so am hoping I get through in the resale.

33 minutes ago, EmmaCC84 said:

I am in the same situation. For various reasons, my normal Glasto group is a not happening so am looking for a new bunch of people to hang out with! I can't see the link Neil refers to however? I am based in London. I still actually need to get tickets however. Lost out in October so am hoping I get through in the resale.

The solo group is on of the three sticky topics at the top of the "Chat" threads.  Currently top and above the advert for me.  It does get busier nearer the festival.  Link below.

hey I find myself going solo this year as friends I had planned to go with have changed their minds. I loved going in 2016 and I don't want to miss out on it because I have no one to go with. I live in Leeds if anyone is interested in meeting up before or during the festival some new camping buddies would be awesome!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm going solo to Glastonbury, it's my first Glasto. I got tickets with my then boyfriend and his friends and we then broke up.

I can't get a response from Camp_Solo on twitter and the website doesn't have any information. 

Are people from this forum organising to meet up and camp together?

37 minutes ago, JoanaV said:

Hi all, I'm going solo to Glastonbury, it's my first Glasto. I got tickets with my then boyfriend and his friends and we then broke up.

I can't get a response from Camp_Solo on twitter and the website doesn't have any information. 

If you read a few posts up there is a link to an entire thread dedicated to solo campers.  I've done it before and wholeheartedly recommend it!!! Get yourselves organised via that thread.

I went earlier than my group one year and set up tents etc. By the time they arrived I had made friends with the group of people camping next to us and we meet up every year since. (When we get tickets)

Glastonbury is super friendly - almost everyone, especially those shit faced, are happy to have a chat and do a "where are you thinking of going next" chat/swap meet.

• 1 month later...

Hello solo campers! After our friend wasn't able to get a ticket at resales, we've got an extra spot in one of our Worthy View 2-person pre-erected scout tents for Glasto 2019. You'd be sharing with me (friendly, gay, Canadian nurse). £147.50 for up to 5 nights. Must already have a ticket to the festival. BYO sleeping bag and mat. Email me to chat: markssutherland@gmail.com or insta: @marksnsparks 1f642.png?_nc_eui2=AeE7EJwMsq7gOPGMf5OB3:)

WVIEW783.jpg

unnamed-11.jpg

Edited by marksnsparks

On 4/4/2019 at 12:53 PM, JoanaV said:

Hi - I was just wondering how you’ve got on with info about this?  I’m in the same situation but really don’t want to miss out. 

Any help/info/advice would be greatly appreciated! 

On 5/28/2019 at 10:24 PM, Izzi B said:

Hey everyone, I’m going solo this year (2019) and would love to get in touch with other a few people just so I feel  little less out of my depth... 

thanks in advance!!! Xx

Hi - I think I’m going solo too, a little apprehensive about it but don’t want to miss out. Any advice/help would be great! X

On 5/28/2019 at 10:24 PM, Izzi B said:

Hey everyone, I’m going solo this year (2019) and would love to get in touch with other a few people just so I feel  little less out of my depth... 

thanks in advance!!! Xx

Hi if anyone is going solo send me a whatsapp message [number removed]

I'm going with a few friends but would love to meet up with more people and expand our group. Im 32 and female the people I'm going with are all boys so woulr be awesome to find some girls to hang out with while Im there.

Edited by eFestivals

8 minutes ago, Maxi1987 said:

Hi if anyone is going solo send me a whatsapp message

I'm going with a few friends but would love to meet up with more people and expand our group. Im 32 and female the people I'm going with are all boys so woulr be awesome to find some girls to hang out with while Im there.

Hi Maxi, may I suggest editing this post to remove your phone number :)Never know what you may be sent posting it on a public forum!!

Edited by Heartbreaker

On 4/4/2019 at 12:53 PM, JoanaV said:

I’m currently in the same boat,  broke up with my boyfriend and going on my own. I’ve been Glastonbury before just not on my own, so this is a big thing for me! Can anyone give me some info on meets and camping with other solo goers. I’m traveling from Liverpool and I’m up for car sharing 

Edited by Hannah L