Visiting the site for a dog walk

rebus

Hi,  me and my family are visiting Cheddar Gorge in a couple of weeks time (Me, my wife, 10 year old son and our dog).  I would like to do a 1-2 hour dog walk that takes in some good views of the site, show my son the Pyramid stage (even naked) etc.  Can anyone recommend a good dog walk and where to park etc.  Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 12:26 AM, rebus said:

Hi,  me and my family are visiting Cheddar Gorge in a couple of weeks time (Me, my wife, 10 year old son and our dog).  I would like to do a 1-2 hour dog walk that takes in some good views of the site, show my son the Pyramid stage (even naked) etc.  Can anyone recommend a good dog walk and where to park etc.  Many thanks.

I would put some clothes on ... its not so warm in Somerset at the moment :) 

On 8/16/2018 at 8:44 AM, KirstyBinnie88 said:

Hi guys,

My partner and I are doing the same thing next weekend... We’ve tried to make contact for permission to take a walk around, but we’re not really her anywhere with it. Can you access the site without permission? 

Thanks in advance.

Def polite to ask just in case there is anything going on that would prevent a visit, but there shouldn't be any issue if you just turn up.  it's a working farm so avoid any livestock, stick to paths where you can, close any gates you open etc.  There may be electric fences in place around the site so try to avoid crossing them and use another route around the site if you can.

Obviously take anything you bring away with you etc.

It is possible to park in the village outside the Working Mens Club and then walk down the lane, cross the stone stile on your right and head up the path past the Tithe Barn to come on site via Hitchen Hill and The Wood.  The Working Mens Club bar is upstairs and is good for a pint after and a chat with the locals - they won't bite!  Alternatively park on Pylle Road by Marys Gate (top of Muddy Lane) and head on site via Muddy Lane and Gate B direction to come out at Williams Green.

You'll prob see a few other folks around doing the same so say hi.  Have fun ?

• 2 weeks later...

I realise you will have already visited the site by now KirstieBinnie88 but leaving this here for anyone who is reading the thread for advice on the subject as I've just recently been on the site myself...

I parked at Pilton working mens club and Post Office car park which was empty and as far as I could see had no restrictions to do so.

TOP TIP: If you still have the EE Glastonbury app use it as the Map still works and gives you a better idea of where you are on-site – I found it really difficult to get my bearings with just fields and cows!

I contacted the festival office and received a nice email welcoming a visit as long as all country codes etc are adhered too – don't be a tit basically!

Below is the 1:25 000 scale section of the O.S Map you need to see the public rights of way, along with the obligatory shot in front of the Pyramid stage.

IMG_3340.JPG

IMG_3039.JPG