Run Dmc cancel

Pooly JP

Wonder if its anything to do with the deal with the Hammersmith Apollo who have been advertising their gig there as a one off exclusive UK show. Was looking forward to them, which I know is in the minority, wish they got another old school hip hop act to replace them, but at short notice I can see why they had to make do with Plan B.

47 minutes ago, Pooly JP said:

Plan B replacing them.

thoughts on this?

Seen plan b before the roses at Heaton Park. A few years ago but he went down quite well. Funnily enough the wailers were also on that day.

If....the original announcement had been Catfish, plan b, Libertines I’m not sure everyone would have been happy.

Might see him might not. Not the most adventurous booking to replace the Saturday night headliner in my opinion.

Probably better than Run dmc to be fair.

14 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Who else is even touring at the minute who's the right size?

Chemical Brothers?

Perhaps best to not go there with this thread......getting anyone at a weeks notice is good going. I’m certainly not going to be critical of any last minute necessity.....i still question Run DMC in the first place though 

24 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Who else is even touring at the minute who's the right size?

Not sure of schedules but the Prodigy or The Streets would have been a good replacement. Run DMC headlining the Saturday night was a bit of a let down from the start (sub-headliner would have been fine) but Plan B is just a bit meh.

30 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

Chemical Brothers?

Perhaps best to not go there with this thread......getting anyone at a weeks notice is good going. I’m certainly not going to be critical of any last minute necessity.....i still question Run DMC in the first place though 

No that's exactly my point, it's always going to be a struggle this late on.

If sheds had been promoted to headliner and plan b as sub I would have been quite happy I will give him half hour which is half hour more than run dmc was getting all we need now is Lucy spraggan to realise she's got a hair appointment so can't make it and miles kane takes her place now that would make me happy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wilson86 said:

Wonder if its anything to do with the deal with the Hammersmith Apollo who have been advertising their gig there as a one off exclusive UK show. 

It’s got to be something like this...I guess we may never know the reason this has come to light so late in the day

Seen suggestion that they just move James up, but wonder if it was they had a (excuse me being old here and my terminology) 'Rap/ hip hop' artist and wanted to replace with similar. They tend to have one night that isn't guitar/ indie music, which is fair play. Wasn't that bothered about Run DMC but would have maybe seen how it started. 

Seen Plan B a few times, Strickland Banks era (which is a great album) so should be ok (in MHO) but doubt they'd have piked him when they first sorted it. 

Guess he'd be cheaper but he could maybe charge a premium for late notice? Could we ask for a 40p refund????