Bestival 2018 - Camping and Alchohol

ValVenis

This is my first year at the new Dorset site. Few questions for people who have been to Bestival at the new site.

- Whats traffic like going to an from the site, IOW used to always be ok

- How strict are they with the alcohol limits? The Bestival website states there is a limit to how much you can take it, i do not remember this ever being the case before (or perhaps i never read the t&c's)

- What are the campsites like? best and worse places to camp?

Thanks ✌️

There's only been one year to go on, so here's my take:

Went by coach, it's single carriageway past Bournemouth, so slow-crawl at 2pm Thu, no jams near site, though bit of a line the other way for car parks.

I just had a quick search, feeling outside of the rucksack, probably looking for glass.  Probably enforced if unlucky and getting a full search.

Camped near the entrance, so snug as expected there.  Black camp at the edge had space if arriving late.

1 hour ago, mattiosmith said:

My partner and I are turning up on Friday noonish, are we going to be buggered for camping spots (4 man tent with porch)? Also what's the longest walk in the campsites? She's got a hurt foot so ideally don't want an epic Glasto style hike!

From what I gather, last year there was plenty of space; campsites are close to car parks; furthest walk to the arena is about 20 mins.

• Upvote 1