Has the fallow year been a waste of time?

donshakey

25 minutes ago, donshakey said:

As far as I know the point of the fallow year is to allow the ground/crops etc to recover and rejuvenate but with the constant high temp and sunshine has this actually happened this year?

Yes - the ground is only scorched and dry on the surface.  Under the surface and in the streams and water ways it will be recovering nicely and benefitting from the rest.

In addition to the recovery of the land, the fallow year also there to give the locals a rest from the months of disruption between build starting to striking down.

Edited by stu_kent

Lots more cow manure on land. Lot less human waste on land / in stream.  Much more environmentally sound. And Chris Martin had to sit at home, on his own, crying. Result.

I will get over my fixation of slandering chris at every available opportunity, just not yet.

27 minutes ago, Quark said:

Can I help?  Can't promise anything but I will try.....to fix you :ninja:

You are correct, I do need help but we all have our faults and I quite enjoy disliking Chris. Just wish I could get rid of this damn tic everytime I hear his name, or song, or ex missus. Aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh. ?

Not sure if that's helping. I do understand the principal of a small dosage (small dosage ????) enabling me to withstand more exposure to Chris. Maybe I could one day listen to a whole single without swearing, yelling and being somewhat over the top with my opinion.  But not feckin yet. Chris the boring shade of feckin magnolia has polluted my mind. 

20 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Imagine, 'Sorry all but due to a few hot weeks the fallow year has been a total waste and we're going to have to have another one in 2019'.

Or maybe just double the length of it. Although, I'm not sure I could take it.