Prepping for sales day, similar festival/event sold on seetickets?

Evilmonkeydan

We were only a group of 6 last year.... This year we are 3 groups of 6, 5 & 4.

Do those of you with multiple groups agree to have a leadbooker for each group and supply that persons card details on the spreadsheet so they are there ready? Or do you wait until the day and if and who you get through?

35 minutes ago, CeriG said:

We were only a group of 6 last year.... This year we are 3 groups of 6, 5 & 4.

Do those of you with multiple groups agree to have a leadbooker for each group and supply that persons card details on the spreadsheet so they are there ready? Or do you wait until the day and if and who you get through?

With us, whoever gets in pays for all, and we transfer the money immediately into their account. Obviously only sensible if everyone can temporarily have £300 - for 6 - taken out of their account.

8 hours ago, parsonjack said:

No prob!

The page is the same, although there is no Twitter feed on it at present.  Getting inadvertently caught is therefore a risk unless you can be sure your refresh rate is below the limit.....how to do that is something I'm struggling with myself. 

Don't forget you can view the page now if you open www.glastonbury.seetickets.com and F5 it 60+ times in a minute.

This is what I meant... you could keep refreshing and not know if your above the threshold and therefore stuck and wont get through. I will be using a plug in to set an auto refresh rate of once every 1.5 seconds to make sure i dont get trigger happy...

A plug in is definitely needed if trying on multiple browsers/devices. 

47 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Yeah who ever gets through will pay for their group.... but what if group A get through again for group B for example? They will need the bookers card details 

This is the thing I get stressed about every time - But I don't think it matters if whoever gets in from Group A has enough funds to buy all of Group A and Group B - i.e. the lead booker doesn't have to actually be one of the six people they're buying tickets for. Last year I'm sure my friend bought all of Group A and Group B in the dying seconds with the same card (his own!)....But maybe someone can correct me on that...?

However, obviously if not everyone has enough funds available, it probably is worth agreeing on a lead booker and getting their card details in advance. 

Edited by Sasperella

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

This is the thing I get stressed about every time - But I don't think it matters if whoever gets in from Group A has enough funds to buy all of Group A and Group B - i.e. the lead booker doesn't have to actually be one of the six people they're buying tickets for. Last year I'm sure my friend bought all of Group A and Group B in the dying seconds with the same card (his own!)....But maybe someone can correct me on that...?

However, obviously if not everyone has enough funds available, it probably is worth agreeing on a lead booker and getting their card details in advance. 

I think you're right - you can use anyone's card details effectively, it doesn't have to be one of the people you've booked for, or even your own. 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

This is what I meant... you could keep refreshing and not know if your above the threshold and therefore stuck and wont get through. I will be using a plug in to set an auto refresh rate of once every 1.5 seconds to make sure i dont get trigger happy...

A plug in is definitely needed if trying on multiple browsers/devices. 

Auto-refresh is risky...not just because you could find yourself blocked for using an automated tool (it's not certain See don't use any tool for identifying and blocking such things....) but because there is a very real risk of you missing a booking page.

Certainly your plugin can be set to stop once it detects a page change, but it relies upon the page loading within your refresh window ie. in your case, within 1.5 seconds.  If you get a session but it doesnt load to your browser within the 1.5 seconds then your refresh will fire....and you'll never see the booking page that was about to get you the tickets.  Not a risk I'll be taking.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

At the moment im in a group of 2 .... and one of us might be without mobile signal / patchy ..... is it worth teaming up with others on here ? or just going for it myself .. ive got a good record but not sure how long it will last :(

Surely must be worth teaming up with some other efesters? Some people on the "T-Day - Fair ticket sales within groups" are already chatting about teaming up if they have less than six to a group! :)

23 minutes ago, zico martin said:

My biggest concern is the best and quickest way to get all the regs and post codes in. I'll probably be using a shitty old laptop and a phone :(

I am a quick Typer and am quicker than copying and pasting. But have you thought of having a note pad open with all the details on so you can just copy and paste?

oh and if it’s a lap top make sure you have an actual mouse plugged in. Those mouse pads on the laptops are shite for doing anything quickly. 

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

This is definitely fine. Last year a friend got through, bought his sox tickets then got through for.me and bought our six tickets. No probs. 

11 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

This is definitely fine. Last year a friend got through, bought his sox tickets then got through for.me and bought our six tickets. No probs. 

So if I got through again and bought group B’s for example I could use my credit card? Even though it wouldn’t be registered to the lead bookers address that I enter? 

Maybe im over-analysing things too much now ?

7 minutes ago, CeriG said:

So if I got through again and bought group B’s for example I could use my credit card? Even though it wouldn’t be registered to the lead bookers address that I enter? 

Well it worked for us last time. My mate paid for the tickets and I was srill my groups lead booker. So assuming no changes I'd say you're OK. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Surely must be worth teaming up with some other efesters? Some people on the "T-Day - Fair ticket sales within groups" are already chatting about teaming up if they have less than six to a group! :)

I think thats what im going to do ... will give people 10days or so and then I need to sort it :)

7 hours ago, CeriG said:

Yeh this always causes much panic every year - but my friend def did it last year. Plus, I rationalised that if the card holder HAD to be the leadbooker it would definitely be somewhere in the Glastonbury info or FAQs, and I've absolutely scoured through that shit and it isn't there....so I think you're good providing funds are available on whatever card is being used

Tbf, my card now isn't even registered to the address my glastonbury account is linked to, so if there is a problem with that I'm really fucked :huh::lol:

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Auto-refresh is risky...not just because you could find yourself blocked for using an automated tool (it's not certain See don't use any tool for identifying and blocking such things....) but because there is a very real risk of you missing a booking page.

Certainly your plugin can be set to stop once it detects a page change, but it relies upon the page loading within your refresh window ie. in your case, within 1.5 seconds.  If you get a session but it doesnt load to your browser within the 1.5 seconds then your refresh will fire....and you'll never see the booking page that was about to get you the tickets.  Not a risk I'll be taking.

What about if you had a plugin that read url changes or changes in the page elements/xml etc? 

So I take it you will let the page fully load after each refresh? The problem I had last year was I only ever had a white screen from 9am until 9.40am.... so manual or auto refreshing was useless for me haha