Prepping for sales day, similar festival/event sold on seetickets?

Evilmonkeydan

5 minutes ago, billum said:

Yeah it's weird, even some much newer registrations have shorter numbers by one or two digits! ?

Yep... strangely 4 of the ones with shorter digits are all newbies... maybe they reissue cancelled registrations or something ?‍♀️

15 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Yep... strangely 4 of the ones with shorter digits are all newbies... maybe they reissue cancelled registrations or something ?‍♀️

TBH I think (ie. guess!) that it's purely random, with nothing even sequential about it - once again, they subvert our thinking - long may they do so!

There is no IP/Cookie/X-FORWARDED-FOR rate limiting in place. The rate limiting uses Browser Fingerprinting to catch you out (one factor is IP address).

I.e. a rate limit from Chrome on a device will not be carried over to Firefox on the same device. Bans will be carried over across multiple tabs/incognito. Using two instances of the same browser on two different PCs across the same IP is unaffected if my theory is right (though been unable to test multiple devices at the min, i'll give it a go later, it would make sense given the amount of university networks there are).

To test my theory, on one device, open Firefox and Chrome with two instances (i.e. make two profiles) of Chrome, either blocking cookies or allowing them on all instances. Set all to glastonbury seetickets page. Refresh 61 times in less than 60 seconds in a chrome instance to receive the blocking page. Refresh the Firefox page to observe the unblocked state. Refresh the other chrome instance and observe the blocked state.

Edited by gsp8181
clarified

12 minutes ago, gsp8181 said:

There is no IP/Cookie/X-FORWARDED-FOR rate limiting in place. The rate limiting uses Browser Fingerprinting to catch you out (one factor is IP address).

I.e. a rate limit from Chrome on a device will not be carried over to Firefox on the same device. Bans will be carried over across multiple tabs/incognito. Using two instances of Chrome on two different PCs across the same IP is unaffected if my theory is right (though been unable to test multiple devices at the min).

To test my theory, open Firefox and Chrome with two instances (i.e. make two profiles) of Chrome, either blocking cookies or allowing them. Set all to glastonbury seetickets page. Refresh 61 times in less than 60 seconds in a chrome instance to receive the blocking page. Refresh the Firefox page to observe the unblocked state. Refresh the other chrome instance and observe the blocked state.

So if you have two pc's in the same house, one running Chrome one running Edge this should be unaffected?

Just now, Stretlow said:

So if you have two pc's in the same house, one running Chrome one running Edge this should be unaffected?

If you have two PCs in the same house both running Chrome and Edge with a single tab on each for Glastonbury, they should be unaffected. It doesn't matter how many devices you have connected to the same network (within reason because of congestion) as long as you only have a single tab open per browser and do not refresh more than 60 times in one minute on each browser/device combination.

If you have one tab open in chrome and refresh 45 times in a minute, and your partner on another device on the same network also has chrome open and refreshes 45 times in a minute, you shouldn't be blocked.

I'm going to double check later on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gsp8181 said:

If you have two PCs in the same house both running Chrome and Edge with a single tab on each for Glastonbury, they should be unaffected. It doesn't matter how many devices you have connected to the same network (within reason because of congestion) as long as you only have a single tab open per browser and do not refresh more than 60 times in one minute on each browser/device combination.

If you have one tab open in chrome and refresh 45 times in a minute, and your partner on another device on the same network also has chrome open and refreshes 45 times in a minute, you shouldn't be blocked.

I'm going to double check later on.

Good work.

I have my pc with chrome and my daughters new one on which she uses edge so we should be good.

3 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Good work.

I have my pc with chrome and my daughters new one on which she uses edge so we should be good.

Yes, as long as you have a single tab for both. It's also good practice as I mentioned above to have your phone ready to tether to, and be familiar with the process of switching it over. If you start getting issues on the day, switch over from your home broadband to your phone broadband. Give it a test out to ensure your not learning it on the day

Edited by gsp8181
clarified
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, gsp8181 said:

Yes, as long as you have a single tab for both. It's also good practice as I mentioned above to have your phone ready to tether to, and be familiar with the process of switching it over. If you start getting issues on the day, switch over from your home broadband to your phone broadband. Give it a test out to ensure your not learning it on the day

All really good helpful advice - many thanks gsp8181! (Sorry, out of upvotes for today...)

1 hour ago, gsp8181 said:

I.e. a rate limit from Chrome on a device will not be carried over to Firefox on the same device. Bans will be carried over across multiple tabs/incognito. Using two instances of the same browser on two different PCs across the same IP is unaffected if my theory is right (though been unable to test multiple devices at the min, i'll give it a go later, it would make sense given the amount of university networks there are).

To test my theory, on one device, open Firefox and Chrome with two instances (i.e. make two profiles) of Chrome, either blocking cookies or allowing them on all instances. Set all to glastonbury seetickets page. Refresh 61 times in less than 60 seconds in a chrome instance to receive the blocking page. Refresh the Firefox page to observe the unblocked state. Refresh the other chrome instance and observe the blocked state.

Also, it appears a cookie or lack of one is also part of the fingerprint for any techies reading this. I'll give my theory a thorough test tonight and see what results I come up with

Edited by gsp8181

I can't do any of the techie stuff, I will just do the same as I have always done and fingers crossed will work for me like it has done for the last 10 Glastos.  Stick with what has worked for you in the past is my advice

Getting everything set up well ahead of 9am. I use three of four laptops/tablets with multiple sessions at the same time on each, using various browsers (I have no idea if it helps at all but I am sticking to it) Try and access the site from 8.45, start refreshing a few mins before and then continuously refresh every window on each computer often (don't forget to arrange the windwos so you can see each window on the screen at the same time and can notice if any screen changes at all) Look out for any change to the screen. As soon as something looks different then you hopefully are at the entre reg details screen. Then stop all the refreshing and concentrate on that screen. Make sure you have the details written down  (reg numbers and post codes) so you can just key them in - only those details are needed on this screen. Then submit and fingers crossed you get to the payment screen, again have all of these details written down before hand. (debit card number, expiry and CCV number I think). When you then submit the screen can freeze so I usually press the back button after 30 seconds or so

Its probably all bollocks and totally down to luck but it has worked for me so far and I am sticking to it

Remember F5 is your friend, but I stop refreshing as soon as I get to the enter reg details screen. Then its totally focussed on that screen and having the details ready to key in as quickly as possible

Good luck folks, I'm cacking myself, as I always do at this time of year!

5 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I can't do any of the techie stuff, I will just do the same as I have always done and fingers crossed will work for me like it has done for the last 10 Glastos.  Stick with what has worked for you in the past is my advice

Getting everything set up well ahead of 9am. I use three of four laptops/tablets with multiple sessions at the same time on each, using various browsers (I have no idea if it helps at all but I am sticking to it) Try and access the site from 8.45, start refreshing a few mins before and then continuously refresh every window on each computer often (don't forget to arrange the windwos so you can see each window on the screen at the same time and can notice if any screen changes at all) Look out for any change to the screen. As soon as something looks different then you hopefully are at the entre reg details screen. Then stop all the refreshing and concentrate on that screen. Make sure you have the details written down  (reg numbers and post codes) so you can just key them in - only those details are needed on this screen. Then submit and fingers crossed you get to the payment screen, again have all of these details written down before hand. (debit card number, expiry and CCV number I think). When you then submit the screen can freeze so I usually press the back button after 30 seconds or so

Its probably all bollocks and totally down to luck but it has worked for me so far and I am sticking to it

Remember F5 is your friend, but I stop refreshing as soon as I get to the enter reg details screen. Then its totally focussed on that screen and having the details ready to key in as quickly as possible

Good luck folks, I'm cacking myself, as I always do at this time of year!

That’s pretty much exactly what I do, I’ve got tickets three years in a row and the last resale. The infuriating thing is that despite me telling them a million times the other people in my group who are also trying still get to 9am and message to ask what the website is. They also continually message throughout the sale despite me telling them not to as it’s distracting and they are wasting time. It’s only basic stuff but being prepared and being focused is pretty much the key to it*

*I’d like to caveat all of that by saying I’m still absolutely shitting it about the sale, despite all of the above I know there are no guarantees and in fact I always go into every sale fearing the worst, so if there is any god out there listening (I don’t mind which one) that could see their way to providing with a ticket on Sunday then I’ll be eternally grateful.