Prepping for sales day, similar festival/event sold on seetickets?

Evilmonkeydan

55 minutes ago, mandolin said:

I’ve read every page of this and my head is blown - so I’m sorry if this is a really stupid question.  

We will be trying for four tickets, there will be four of us trying but we’ll all be doing it from the same place.  We will have access to two internet providers (BT and Virgin I believe) one of which is routinely faster than the other.  We’ll also have access to  4g.  Would the best system be for two of us to be attached to one IP each and to refresh at just under once per second, one to 4g and then the fourth to mop our anxious brows? Or should we send 4th person to the nearest Internet cafe? Or is there any other way of doing things that makes more sense.  (Please remember that I am a complete IT imbecile)

If it was me I would use person no.4 to monitor eFestivals for any info regarding progress with the sale, issues, helpful information etc.

10 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Really? Is there much point us all using different browsers and Wi-Fi/ 3G ?

It depends....!

How desperate are you for tickets....?

If there is 4 of you, why wouldn't you utilise all of you?

Good shout from parsonjack monitoring the buzz on here, (we all should be doing that anyway).

If possible, I'd go hardwired on both Virgin+BT (person 1+2), wifi (3), 4G (4).

Dedicate one of you to also monitor here and F5* the hell out of it.

*Keeping below the 1 per second of course.

That's my take on your scenario.

Good luck!

21 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

If it was me I would use person no.4 to monitor eFestivals for any info regarding progress with the sale, issues, helpful information etc.

Good plan but, for me anyhow, efestivals has slowed down almost as much as the glasto website itself!  (Not saying I won't spend every nanosecond on here but..)

Edited by semmtexx

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Seetickets added a 4th load-balancer to their current DNS pool at about 0300 today.....they are def checking everything works for next week....including bringing in extra/standby devices if needed.

That could also be to do with the fact that a Take That presale is happening today and main sale on Friday

6 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Ah good point....it'll be interesting to note if the 4th device gets dropped again after Friday then....

DNS is already back down to a pool of 3 IP's again. Oddly the one that has been dropped is one of the 3 that have been in the pool for some time now....and the 4th added this morning is still being advertised. That suggests to me that there may have been an issue and the dodgy one is now administratively unavailable. 

EDIT: as you were....the 4 are all now on the pool again :rolleyes:

Edited by parsonjack

If See have had this problem with crashing during the Take That sale, do you think this makes it more likely that they'll spin up a couple of spare fail-over ticket servers ready for the GF ticket sale Mr PJ? Which, if we were to know their IP addresses, would help The Desperate to taste success on the 7th?

17 hours ago, parsonjack said:

DNS is already back down to a pool of 3 IP's again. Oddly the one that has been dropped is one of the 3 that have been in the pool for some time now....and the 4th added this morning is still being advertised. That suggests to me that there may have been an issue and the dodgy one is now administratively unavailable. 

EDIT: as you were....the 4 are all now on the pool again :rolleyes:

you never fail to impress me with youe seeticket knowledge!

How do you know such things!!! 

58 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

you never fail to impress me with youe seeticket knowledge!

How do you know such things!!! 

It's all pretty simple really...a bit of tech knowledge and a couple of online tools and you can learn a lot about how things work.  Whether it's of any use is questionable...but as they say 'fore-warned is for-armed'.

;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

It's all pretty simple really...a bit of tech knowledge and a couple of online tools and you can learn a lot about how things work.  Whether it's of any use is questionable...but as they say 'fore-warned is for-armed'.

;)

Are they definitely load balancers? Any way to hit them directly and bypass the holding page? Haha 

On 9/26/2018 at 10:04 AM, Lillybef said:

According to the TT FB page, the system crashed at the payment page for a lot of people or it froze

The WORST feeling is getting through to the payment page, clicking "Buy" then the bloody thing buffers and won't go through to confirmation. I now know (courtesy of this forum) that if that happens, click back and re-submit until it does. Don't leave it buffering.

PS Not tempting fate, but we bought several sets of tickets for 2016 and 2017 and payment went through like a dream. Didn't need the back/re-submit, so thought that issue had been fixed.....

Edited by phillyfaddle

Hi all,

I am new to the forum although I have been following you for months!

I would like to use Autofill (a Chrome extension) to fill in the registration number/postcode form, in the lucky case I'll manage to get in. This would help to save precious time and to protect from typo/mistakes when entering the data.

I remember I set up everything to help some friends for the secret resale 2017, which eventually didn't happen. At the time, the page with the registration number/post code form was online, although reachable only via url.

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017/worthy-farm/1100001

Clearly this URL is not valid anymore, given that it refers to 2017. In case you are wondering, I already tried to replace 2017 with 2019 ? without success, I am pretty sure the page is not online yet. Being able to reach the page in advance would be very useful to configure Autofill.

I don't expect the page to change. but I would like to minimize the risk. Has anyone some information about it?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, mickybar said:

Hi all,

I am new to the forum although I have been following you for months!

I would like to use Autofill (a Chrome extension) to fill in the registration number/postcode form, in the lucky case I'll manage to get in. This would help to save precious time and to protect from typo/mistakes when entering the data.

I remember I set up everything to help some friends for the secret resale 2017, which eventually didn't happen. At the time, the page with the registration number/post code form was online, although reachable only via url.

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017/worthy-farm/1100001

Clearly this URL is not valid anymore, given that it refers to 2017. In case you are wondering, I already tried to replace 2017 with 2019 ? without success, I am pretty sure the page is not online yet. Being able to reach the page in advance would be very useful to configure Autofill.

I don't expect the page to change. but I would like to minimize the risk. Has anyone some information about it?

Thanks!

Yeah it's not likely that the booking page will go live again until Thursday.

You could get away with just finding out information about what to manually put in settings to pre-fill the data (ie. "RegistrationNumber1", "Postcode1" or whatever it was), given that it's not exclusive to a particular URL, but I don't know where to find that and I'm in the same predicament.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it's not likely that the booking page will go live again until Thursday.

You could get away with just finding out information about what to manually put in settings to pre-fill the data (ie. "RegistrationNumber1", "Postcode1" or whatever it was), given that it's not exclusive to a particular URL, but I don't know where to find that and I'm in the same predicament.

Yeah that is what I was thinking, I was just hoping in some insider ?

I have the HTML code from the resale page in 2017, the fieldnames are:

registrations[0].RegistrationId

registrations[0].PostCode

Of course then you increase the index up to 5 for the other fields/tickets. If they don't change it, this setup should work.

Just now, mickybar said:

Yeah that is what I was thinking, I was just hoping in some insider ?

I have the HTML code from the resale page in 2017, the fieldnames are:

registrations[0].RegistrationId

registrations[0].PostCode

Of course then you increase the index up to 5 for the other fields/tickets. If they don't change it, this setup should work.

I'll give that a shot, cheers. As long as you've set the trigger page (or if you edit it now) to https://glastonbury.seetickets.com then it should still work for you, I reckon.

• Upvote 1

One of our groups registration number is one digit shorter than everyone else’s. Making me extremely nervous but I’ve double checked it against the registration email and it matches. Anyone else had this? 

I think every single thing will make me nervous this week until success on Thursday/Sunday.

22 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

One of our groups registration number is one digit shorter than everyone else’s. Making me extremely nervous but I’ve double checked it against the registration email and it matches. Anyone else had this? 

I think every single thing will make me nervous this week until success on Thursday/Sunday.

18 of us.... and 5 have a digit shorter and 1 person that has 2 digits shorter