Prepping for sales day, similar festival/event sold on seetickets?

Evilmonkeydan

2 hours ago, Quark said:

It's still an odd thought that I might not get a ticket.  So far I'm 6 for 6 ('09, '10, '13, '15, '16, '17) so it always just feels like it's going to happen, purely because I've not had to deal with it NOT happening yet!

I am the other way round and expect not to get one and am surprised when i do. Probably because my success rate has been very variable:

2010 (i think)- Nothing,

2011 didn't try but randomly came on here in the spring to see that they had released some coach/ticket combos and leisurely got one.

2013 - Main sale

2014 - Not a sniff and missed secret resale when i popped out of the office for 10 minutes.

2015 - Nothing in normal sale or resale but bagged one in secret resale

2016 - Cant remember, got coach ticket in either main sale or resale 

2017 - Missed out on main sale, got ticket by 9.02 in resale when on holiday in Portugal.

Edited by tjamest

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Voluntary opt-outs don't count, sorry :D

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Agreed. Couldn't do '11 or '14.  I made my choices...

Translation: suck it up Stu ;)

But, but, but, in 2003 I wasn't allowed the time off work and in 2002 I didn't try for a ticket on the day they came out, because they'd never sold out before...

I deserve a ticket!

20 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That might be what I was thinking of... know that horrible feeling well! :( Also the denial phase where you keep refreshing anyway, just in case something falls through at the last minute!

Ahh the denial phase! I know it well. Last year I was still refreshing 30 mins after the sold out page just in case there was a glitch in the matrix. Sadly...

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also (and this will be a controversial view) I think all veterans should have at least one taste of the long wait for the resale... it's character building and you appreciate it all the more when you get that golden ticket. 

Hardly a veteran but my first time was a long slog waiting for the resale cos I didn't even get past the holding screen for the October sales. You could hear me screaming with joy in Somerset I'm sure. It was the best feeling ever even though my ticket was coach on a Thursday. 

48 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Hardly a veteran but my first time was a long slog waiting for the resale cos I didn't even get past the holding screen for the October sales. You could hear me screaming with joy in Somerset I'm sure. It was the best feeling ever even though my ticket was coach on a Thursday. 

So you've done your time! You should be safe :)

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I wonder how many efest posts qualify you as a veteran ? or is it an age thing ? or even a number of visits thing ?

I don't think it has anything to do with Efests posts or age, was thinking more of Glastonbury visits. I've no idea what the actual number would be, though. Maybe once is enough - one tour of duty would make you a vet in the army, wouldn't it?

If you're going for 2 devices I think you'd be better off using a laptop tethered to your phone instead of actually using your phone. I did this last year and I think it was the one tethered to my phone that got through. If id had to copy and paste or type the numbers in on my phone I definitely would have fucked it up and probaby not got tickets at all. I think realistically 2 devices is all you can really manage at one time.

Ugh I'm getting that feeling in my stomach right now just thinking about fucking t day. I swear those £3000 glamping packages with the guaranteed tickets look like better value every year!

On 7/24/2018 at 4:15 PM, morph100 said:

Anyone poking about the load balancing technology to find the servers the balancer is pointing at so we can try them direct on the day? Or is that a sure fire way of getting a slower connection?

It will be a non routable local IP, if it was on the internet it would be configured to only accept connections off the load balancer and if you went on it without a session you'd be kicked off back to the queue anyway

On 7/24/2018 at 1:18 PM, parsonjack said:

Pretty sure all Seetickets booking processes for whatever show will be fed through load-balancing technology to manage demand on the application tier and database.  As far as I'm aware though it's only the Glastonbury sale that needs to further manage demand with the 'queue' page (which is not a queue at all...), all of which is managed via the glastonbury.seetickets sub domain.

For what it's worth the underlying code to fire the 'queue' page remains active all the time, even though the https://glastonbury.seetickets.com resolves to the Photo Registration page at present.  Open that page and then try hitting F5 more than once/second for 60 seconds straight...it'll then fire the 'queue' page.....welcome back old friend....horribly disconcerting.

Just did that.....sweating now, with flashbacks!?

1 hour ago, phillyfaddle said:

Just did that.....sweating now, with flashbacks!?

I tried it and it didn't work and now I'm having that horrible familiar panic that I don't actually know how to refresh properly on a mac. Seven and a bit weeks to ensure that I have that figured out for sure. Or buy a pc. 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I tried it and it didn't work and now I'm having that horrible familiar panic that I don't actually know how to refresh properly on a mac. Seven and a bit weeks to ensure that I have that figured out for sure. Or buy a pc. 

command and r .... just been doing it although must be slower than f5 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

command and r .... just been doing it although must be slower than f5 

Does that mean we have less chance of getting tickets on a mac? Maybe its safari and not google?? Why can't I remember any of this from last year???

?

This does not bode well. 

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Does that mean we have less chance of getting tickets on a mac? Maybe its safari and not google?? Why can't I remember any of this from last year???

?

This does not bode well. 

Think positively....knowing of this this gives you more chance to avoid it ...rather than those who don't know and will be hitting F5 like its going out of fashion.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Im Glad you cant remember last year ... It didn't happen :) the mac/ipads  havent failed me yet in 13 years ... but there is always time for a first ...dont think it should have any effect as your eyes can only work so fast to see if the page has opened 

? Ooops....that would be why!!

• 3 weeks later...

It is hard not to get the ticket day sweats and shakes while going through this thread :heat: But some very helpful tips which I haven't thought about before so thank you everyone!

Going from past experience I'll be using 3 browsers on each computer, 2 auto refresh and one manual F5 for the main computer and the rest on auto refresh.

As we have another couple going with us next year, so thankful as surely must double my chances or at least that's how I'm looking at it haha! Altogether we will be able to use 5 different IP address, including my work server for the first time, and 5 phones on 4G at the minimum, and when it's nearer to the day I might try and recruit more family to help, surely that'll be enough to get that well deserved ticket?

At this point I'm already praying to the ticket gods, as missing out last year in both sales was devastating to say the least :lol:

Edited by nathy137

I've started organising the groups (there are 11 of us wanting to go) and asking people for their Reg No's/Postcodes this morning. I'm sure they think it's way too early but I'd rather get it all sorted now then have them giving them to me last minute, putting a typo in one of their codes and it failing all of us in the group if we are lucky enough to get through due to them rushing.

THE PANIC HAS SET IN.

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I've started organising the groups (there are 11 of us wanting to go) and asking people for their Reg No's/Postcodes this morning. I'm sure they think it's way too early but I'd rather get it all sorted now then have them giving them to me last minute, putting a typo in one of their codes and it failing all of us in the group if we are lucky enough to get through due to them rushing.

THE PANIC HAS SET IN.

Last time I organised a group of people I didn't fully trust to get it right (a few festivals ago), I made sure they all forwarded me their registration confirmation e-mails.

I got especially paranoid about it as their numbers had a differing number of digits in them despite all registering within a day or two of each other. I also made it very, very clear to them that when the sale was on there wouldn't be any stopping to clarify anything, so any issues with their registration meant they were out.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just seen that its not going to be Seetickets on the other festival site ..... so this throws a real spanner in the works .. who's big enough to deal with this now without utter chaos ensuing ?! if this other sites correct ... now panic mode really starts to set in 

It's not going to be seetickets... couldn't see a change this late in the day? Wouldn't it affect the registrations as they're held at seetickets?

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just seen that its not going to be Seetickets on the other festival site ..... so this throws a real spanner in the works .. who's big enough to deal with this now without utter chaos ensuing ?! if this other sites correct ... now panic mode really starts to set in 

I suspect that’s horseshit - the registration is all done via the seetickets thing, so until we all have to re-register en masse I don’t think it’s shipping sideways to any other ticket company. Seetickets have it reasonably pain free nowadays too 

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

It's not going to be seetickets... couldn't see a change this late in the day? Wouldn't it affect the registrations as they're held at seetickets?

well it was on Glsto cun@ chat ... so thats why I put if ? more than likely a windup ... but affects the nerves still !!!