Prepping for sales day, similar festival/event sold on seetickets?

Evilmonkeydan

11 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Anyone else worried about that movie about to be released called the festival. Bit scared it will mean casual numpties looking for tickets. ?

I'm hoping the opposite. People will think it looks so fucking dreadful they won't bother. Or they'll go to Reading.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I'm hoping the opposite. People will think it looks so fucking dreadful they won't bother. Or they'll go to Reading.

Lets hope the new "The Festival" film and the scenes from Kingsman 2 put the first timers off Glasto for life :) pure selfish but hey ho :) 

Edited by Havors

16 minutes ago, kalifire said:

None of us should take casual numpties for granted. God forid they occupy our blind spot. 

Hopefully we can set up some kind of in-fighting between the casual numpties and the chair people.  Convince them both that the others will be there en masse and ultimately drive them both away from getting tickets.

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

Hopefully we can set up some kind of in-fighting between the casual numpties and the chair people.  Convince them both that the others will be there en masse and ultimately drive them both away from getting tickets.

Just give the wrong ticket sale date to media outlets that the numpties frequent :D 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So by our calculations, the main sale will be exactly two months today, am I right? Meaning the coach sale is less than two months away... holy hell. 

I'm guessing an announcement for the date won't be expected until first week of September....last 2 festivals have seen it announced on/around 4th and 12th September respectively.

23 hours ago, James96 said:

How long did the coach take you roughly? Will be moving to Bristol soon and tempted to get coach again to increase my success rate.

I've got the coach from Bristol the last three times, I like that you can select your time on purchase, it takes between an hour and two depending on the knowledge of the driver. In 2016 it took less than an hour and a half to get in despite the traffic and then there was barely a queue at the gate as I imagine people were struggling to get into the car parks. The driver took a route I didn't recognise and I've driven down to the site a few times, so I imagine he was well aware of the traffic issues and sidelined them somehow. The first two times I gave all my booze to friends going by car and then collected from their cars later in the day on the Wednesday, but in 2017 I just cut back on the stuff I bought with me and took it all on the coach to avoid the car trip taking up Wednesday fun time.

How many "battle stations" do you tend to go with?

I go with two laptops for me then my wife will have her macbook next to me with instructions to let me know as soon as she gets through so i can do the rest :lol:

I of course have multiple friends all at their houses trying too. 

There's nothing quite like the clock hitting 9am on T-Day and the rush it brings.

I absolutely love it but then that's a strong correlation to the fact I've managed to get tickets every year I've tried I suppose. 

41 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I go with two laptops for me then my wife will have her macbook next to me with instructions to let me know as soon as she gets through so i can do the rest :lol:

There's nothing quite like the clock hitting 9am on T-Day and the rush it brings.

I absolutely love it but then that's a strong correlation to the fact I've managed to get tickets every year I've tried I suppose. 

The last T-Day for me was the clock hitting 9am and the site crashing (pretty sure it went down briefly, or one of the servers did)... and then never getting past a white screen. 

Actually seeing the holding page will be progress this year :D

Just now, Havors said:

Am I correct in thinking you got through twice there?? and still had time to take a pic? ha 

cant remember ... think I had a practise run with buses ....setup hasn't failed me in 14 festivals .... touch wood for october though ... think i might be tempting fate with that last statement ... Ive had some help from people on here ... and resales and mini resales and competitions .... persistence is key ... with a large dose of luck in the mix 

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Normally 4 - Go into my work office for strong network  and wifi connections. Desk is dual screened so 2 pages on the go plus tablet and phone.

I got mum involved at home so had her on my work headset last year when tried for resale ticket last year and surprised she ended up getting through!

Edited by Walker2295

It's all well and good having multiple devices, but you've got two eyes and two hands. I often feel you waste time trying to refresh everything.

I'll be F5ing on my laptop and using my mobile, Mrs Jass will also have hers. I'll also have a second laptop and iPad that I'll be letting auto refresh and periodically checking on.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's all well and good having multiple devices, but you've got two eyes and two hands. I often feel you waste time trying to refresh everything.

I'll be F5ing on my laptop and using my mobile, Mrs Jass will also have hers. I'll also have a second laptop and iPad that I'll be letting auto refresh and periodically checking on.

I agree with this - too many devices or even browsers makes me feel overwhelmed and less efficient. 

If I'm at home, I'll likely have my laptop on wi-fi, my phone on 4G and try to manually refresh both (all the while praying it's not my phone that gets through as I fear copying and pasting the info will be well fiddly). I'll probably have my ipad going on autorefresh for good measure.

If I'm at work, it all depends if I can get my laptop/ipad on to the company wi-fi (hit and miss), but will otherwise hammer the work computer and my phone on 4G.

Whether I'm at work or home will be dictated by the timing of the coach sale... if i'm unsuccessful in the coach sale it'll be desperate measures on all devices on Sunday at the in-laws with shit rural broadband... :(

Edit: What's the received wisdom on multiple browsers now? Worth it, not worth it? Which ones work best or does it really not matter?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

24 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I agree with this - too many devices or even browsers makes me feel overwhelmed and less efficient. 

If I'm at home, I'll likely have my laptop on wi-fi, my phone on 4G and try to manually refresh both (all the while praying it's not my phone that gets through as I fear copying and pasting the info will be well fiddly). I'll probably have my ipad going on autorefresh for good measure.

If I'm at work, it all depends if I can get my laptop/ipad on to the company wi-fi (hit and miss), but will otherwise hammer the work computer and my phone on 4G. 

Whether I'm at work or home will be dictated by the timing of the coach sale... if i'm unsuccessful in the coach sale it'll be desperate measures on all devices on Sunday at the in-laws with shit rural broadband... :(

Edit: What's the received wisdom on multiple browsers now? Worth it, not worth it? Which ones work best or does it really not matter?

I'd keep one browser myself, it's an extra couple of mouse clicks/seconds lost having to switch between them.

I manually refresh one and let the others do there own thing ... I can keep the others without the focus coming off but all tabs are visible so apart from a few seconds getting them firing at the beginning it doesn't really slow me down ... and so far it seems to have worked :)