Prepping for sales day, similar festival/event sold on seetickets?

Evilmonkeydan

51 minutes ago, Havors said:

As I have never ever had anything other than a white page... Something I would like to know (if you are aware). When you are refreshing are you getting the page with the "We are currently processing the maximum possible number of deposits per second." info on? And when/if you get through does the URL then change and you get through to a purchase screen?? 

My biggest concern is refreshing continuously and then getting "through" but keep refreshing and lose the page? 

The only time I've had a white page is when See Tickets screwed up for either 2014 or 2015 ( can't remember which) and they didn't even start selling them until about twenty past nine. If you keep on getting the white page, I'd make sure you delete your browser cache and possibly try a different browser instead.

If you do refresh once too often and lose the booking page, stop refreshing and try pressing the backspace key. It's not guaranteed to work, but when people have been met with a white screen after putting in reg numbers on the first booking page, they can usually backspace to the screen before and try again. That's partly what makes ticket day so terrifying, though - it's not just about speed, but concentration as well!

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I've tried from overseas for the last couple of years and it's had no discernable effect.

Great tip on the 60 refreshes per minute news. I also tend to refresh immediately I see I'm on the hold screen again but the page rarely loads instantly so I'd say I'm refreshing somewhere between 45 and 50 times a minute. I only have one tab open on one browser and just go hell for leather on that (with another broswer loaded up in the background in case anything happens to the first one).

If we're talking speed tips, I think most people who're determined will refresh at much the same rate, so it's what happens when you're through that makes the difference. I have the first piece of information already copied to clipboard and the rest of the stuff (reg numbers, postcodes, card details) all typed out already in a word document. I split my screen roughly into thirds, with one word document on each side of the main window, so no scrolling down is necessary to grab the information I need, and it can spaced out enough to ensure I don't accidentally copy information I don't need yet.

Then, it's in the lap of the ticket gods. Obviously the more people you have trying for you, the better. Ideally on different ip's.

Other than buying in groups, this is the only 100% tip we've ever come up with.  Have all your details ready in a text editor and COPY+PASTE.  If you're typing this shit out you're going to be slower and less accurate.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Other than buying in groups, this is the only 100% tip we've ever come up with.  Have all your details ready in a text editor and COPY+PASTE.  If you're typing this shit out you're going to be slower and less accurate.

That another question I have.... do you get a visable time limit on the booking page? How long do you get to type the info in? I suppose copy pasting is a definite must just incase they sell out while your typing away like a 90 year old using a keyboard for the first time ever :D

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The only time I've had a white page is when See Tickets screwed up for either 2014 or 2015 ( can't remember which) and they didn't even start selling them until about twenty past nine. If you keep on getting the white page, I'd make sure you delete your browser cache and possibly try a different browser instead.

If you do refresh once too often and lose the booking page, stop refreshing and try pressing the backspace key. It's not guaranteed to work, but when people have been met with a white screen after putting in reg numbers on the first booking page, they can usually backspace to the screen before and try again. That's partly what makes ticket day so terrifying, though - it's not just about speed, but concentration as well!

Backspace hasn't mapped to "Back" for about 2 years.

https://venturebeat.com/2016/08/14/restore-backspace-shortcut-chrome/ 

Just now, Havors said:

That another question I have.... do you get a visable time limit on the booking page? How long do you get to type the info in? I suppose copy pasting is a definite must just incase they sell out while your typing away like a 90 year old using a keyboard for the first time ever :D

No visible limit, but it's damn short. To avoid tickets going back on sale all day long, the Glasto sale doesn't hold the tickets when you get through to the payment page.  Until you get the payment confirmation page, the tickets can still sell out on you.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No visible limit, but it's damn short. To avoid tickets going back on sale all day long, the Glasto sale doesn't hold the tickets when you get through to the payment page.  Until you get the payment confirmation page, the tickets can still sell out on you.

Good to know thanks! im off to practice speed copy pasting on a mobile phone... haha 

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If you have multiple devices with proper keyboards (I.e. laptop or desktop), I'd recommend tethering one of them to your phone, since you often get through on all devices on that IP at once.

That's a decent idea! Ill tether one of the laptops through the mobile connection.... 

By the way do they have a phone line to try and buy tickets?? haha 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Pretty sure its written somewhere...poss on the GF site....that once you get a booking 'session' you have 10 minutes to complete the purchase.  That doesn't mean you have tickets reserved, it means you simply have a 10 minute window to get it done, after which your session will time out and you're back to square one.  You'll still be at the mercy of bandwidth etc but once you have that session cookie you '*should* be able to step through the booking pages reasonably easily.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Pretty sure its written somewhere...poss on the GF site....that once you get a booking 'session' you have 10 minutes to complete the purchase.  That doesn't mean you have tickets reserved, it means you simply have a 10 minute window to get it done, after which your session will time out and you're back to square one.  You'll still be at the mercy of bandwidth etc but once you have that session cookie you '*should* be able to step through the booking pages reasonably easily.

Don't suppose you remember the URL from the last ticket sale? With me never ever seeing an actual web page on ticket sale day I have no idea if I should just use a specific URL or try to go through the user journey as intended from the home page... 

For instance I could just type in the URL for https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy and refresh that... but would I then just be refreshing the busy page? haha I presume there is a button on the home page which links to the purchase page but never having seen this I dont know for sure... If I just refresh https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras which is the home page now... I would in theory just be refreshing the home page?? 

21 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

yer tis.....from the 2017 ticket FAQ's....

5. If the page ‘hangs’ and you can’t get any further, try pressing back once and then continue your booking from that point. If that doesn’t help, close your browser and start again. Please don’t continue to refresh the page more than 10 minutes after entering your details as your access to the page will have expired. You will need to close the browser and start again to gain fresh access to the booking page.

6. If an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, your number will be held for up to 10 minutes whilst the transaction is attempted, but will be released if the transaction fails, to give you the chance to try again, if there are still tickets available.

10 minutes ago, Havors said:

Don't suppose you remember the URL from the last ticket sale? With me never ever seeing an actual web page on ticket sale day I have no idea if I should just use a specific URL or try to go through the user journey as intended from the home page... 

For instance I could just type in the URL for https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy and refresh that... but would I then just be refreshing the busy page? haha I presume there is a button on the home page which links to the purchase page but never having seen this I dont know for sure... If I just refresh https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras which is the home page now... I would in theory just be refreshing the home page?? 

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com is what you want and all that you need to refresh.  All the tech wizardry will ensure that when a booking 'session' is available a booking page will be presented form where you enter your reg details etc....

If you get the 'busy' page an F5 will requery the URL above...not just reload the 'busy' page.

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com is what you want and all that you need to refresh.  All the tech wizardry will ensure that when a booking 'session' is available a booking page will be presented form where you enter your reg details etc....

If you get the 'busy' page an F5 will requery the URL above...not just reload the 'busy' page.

Ok cool. Im hoping I actually see a website this year.... I have a feeling the servers are going to crash with it being the year after a fallow. A few million people trying to get on... 

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yep, this has happened to me twice in the last few years, copying and pasting, enter to get to the sold out page. It’s fucking disheartening to say the least!

11 hours ago, D-Low said:

1530699363_ScreenShot2018-07-30at22_14_41.png.d9ccbd5b8d0b121def11c06e28017203.png

The irony of all these pages timing out whilst trying to view page 3 in this thread.

Anyone else's stomach doing flips reading the comments here. Ticket day never gets easier :fie:

Seeing the signatures rubbing it in that they have been to every Glasto for the past 20 years is also hard... How?? I mean really? How?? haha jammy sods! 

On 7/28/2018 at 2:15 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

There's something going on with the external IPs, as whenever I get through to the ticket page, all my devices on WiFi generally get through at once.

I've noticed in the past if someone in the house is on the ticket page they can be kicked out if everyone else is still trying to connect. 

23 hours ago, kalifire said:

I've always used an auto refresher and never lost the purchase page due to refreshing. Refreshing again seems to just stay on that page. 

On 7/30/2018 at 11:41 AM, DareToDibble said:

Reading this thread has done absolutely nothing to calm my nerves and panic for ticket day and it's 2+ months away!

Me too - and I actually hadn't registered that it was only two months away! Yikes.

I hope they announce the dates soon - I really need to be lucky on the Thursday coach sale, partly because I do want to go by coach but mainly because it looks like on Sunday I'll be in the middle of the countryside at my boyfriend's parents' house again, the scene of my last great defeat Glasto ticketwise... absolutely white-screened on all devices for 2016.