Prepping for sales day, similar festival/event sold on seetickets?

Evilmonkeydan

Afternoon all, Over the years I've automated some of the steps and made marginal gains using standard browser plugins when it comes to Glasto Sales, every little helps :). Just wondered if anyone can identify any imminent festival/arena ticket sales that would use Seetickets queuing system(preferably on with a seetickets sub domain) so I can have a poke around and perform some dry runs?

Thanks in advance 

21 minutes ago, Evilmonkeydan said:

Afternoon all, Over the years I've automated some of the steps and made marginal gains using standard browser plugins when it comes to Glasto Sales, every little helps :). Just wondered if anyone can identify any imminent festival/arena ticket sales that would use Seetickets queuing system(preferably on with a seetickets sub domain) so I can have a poke around and perform some dry runs?

Thanks in advance 

Pretty sure all Seetickets booking processes for whatever show will be fed through load-balancing technology to manage demand on the application tier and database.  As far as I'm aware though it's only the Glastonbury sale that needs to further manage demand with the 'queue' page (which is not a queue at all...), all of which is managed via the glastonbury.seetickets sub domain.

For what it's worth the underlying code to fire the 'queue' page remains active all the time, even though the https://glastonbury.seetickets.com resolves to the Photo Registration page at present.  Open that page and then try hitting F5 more than once/second for 60 seconds straight...it'll then fire the 'queue' page.....welcome back old friend....horribly disconcerting.

• Upvote 1

One method I used which might help entry speed, if you have a Mac available, is to rebind certain characters to turn into something else. By doing this you can set up reg1, reg2 etc. to change into each persons registration Number which is faster than Copy and Paste. Note that unless an update has changed it you can only do it on Safari.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Trying to get on the booking page when you don't want tickets is a bit of a dick move as you're preventing someone else who actually does want to go from getting there.

Just trust the ticket Gods, otherwise they will smite you for such dickishness.

True, but those tickets will be released when not purchased and thus someone who wants the tickets will ultimately get them-  so it doesn't really make any difference!

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Pretty sure all Seetickets booking processes for whatever show will be fed through load-balancing technology to manage demand on the application tier and database.  As far as I'm aware though it's only the Glastonbury sale that needs to further manage demand with the 'queue' page (which is not a queue at all...), all of which is managed via the glastonbury.seetickets sub domain.

For what it's worth the underlying code to fire the 'queue' page remains active all the time, even though the https://glastonbury.seetickets.com resolves to the Photo Registration page at present.  Open that page and then try hitting F5 more than once/second for 60 seconds straight...it'll then fire the 'queue' page.....welcome back old friend....horribly disconcerting.

my-brain-is-full-1.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Anyone poking about the load balancing technology to find the servers the balancer is pointing at so we can try them direct on the day? Or is that a sure fire way of getting a slower connection?

Easily done....but unless you know for sure that any particular server is less heavily loaded than others, which is what load-balancing seeks to avoid, then you would be simply reducing your chances of getting a booking session. 

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

So it does! ?

4030193A-691A-46BE-BF19-610F0B94C630.png

29 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

So it does! ?

4030193A-691A-46BE-BF19-610F0B94C630.png

Yup. I think it's there as a crude way to 'block' multi hit software, or anyone with a quick enough finger.  What I'm not certain of is whether an F5 after you get it simply refreshes that page, and therefore prevents any further genuine booking page request, or whether an F5 does make a fresh attempt.  Of course the one way to be certain you don't trigger this come T-Day would be ensure you don't F5 more than 60 times/minute.  Go like buggery if you like for 59 seconds.....but then have a pause before continuing.

3 hours ago, morph100 said:

Anyone poking about the load balancing technology to find the servers the balancer is pointing at so we can try them direct on the day? Or is that a sure fire way of getting a slower connection?

I did, but I used my laddy to poke around with, and now it's got a scorch mark on it. 

Note to self - Must polish that scorch mark off - in the near future!

Honestly though, this is like viewing the 'Teach Yourself Russian' page of a very poor language website. I simply don't know what you are talking about. Have no fear though, because guess what arrived today? No less than a Windows 10 book for Dummies. Make way, you lot, because I'm coming through! Actually, no, no, stay as you were - It would appear that I'm following through, not coming through - now, which toilet is closest, I wonder?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Yup. I think it's there as a crude way to 'block' multi hit software, or anyone with a quick enough finger.  What I'm not certain of is whether an F5 after you get it simply refreshes that page, and therefore prevents any further genuine booking page request, or whether an F5 does make a fresh attempt.  Of course the one way to be certain you don't trigger this come T-Day would be ensure you don't F5 more than 60 times/minute.  Go like buggery if you like for 59 seconds.....but then have a pause before continuing.

Oh bloody hell! Now what do we do! Perhaps a tap rate of 1.1s is the ultimate??! Argh! More stress!!!?

13 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Per browser? Per tab? Per IP?

arrrggghhhh

17 hours ago, morph100 said:

arrrggghhhh

Pretty sure I had at least three, maybe four different brands of browser on the go last time, and was skipping between each to hit F5. That way I guess I wasn't breaching the sixty times a minute thing

On 7/25/2018 at 8:39 AM, morph100 said:

Pretty sure it will be per IP...

10 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Pretty sure I had at least three, maybe four different brands of browser on the go last time, and was skipping between each to hit F5. That way I guess I wasn't breaching the sixty times a minute thing

I'd guess that merely the logistics of moving between browsers extended your F5 rate to >1s rather than being related to the different browsers themselves. 

3 hours ago, evilduck said:

Wow this is useful to know, I usually hammer refresh as soon as the page shows I'm still in the 'queue', will try to slow it down this year.

Did a bit more analysis on it last night...

As already known the 'queue' page fires after more than 60 x F5's in a minute ie a refresh rate of >1s.  If you wait a couple of seconds and then resume it re-queries the URL rather than reloading the 'queue' page, so with current setup the Registration page gets displayed.  This is a good thing as it suggests your IP does not get blocked for any pre-determined time period.

If however you continue with your >1s refresh rate the 'queue' page stays with you, effectively blocking you.  If you wait and resume as above the Registration page shows once more....but if you then exceed the 1s rate within a rolling 60 seconds at any further point the 'queue' page fires again.

In essence therefore you will get the 'queue' page any time you exceed the 1s refresh rate within a 60 second period.  The paradox here is that in the sale you won't know whether you have the 'queue' page due to genuinely unavailable sessions, or because you have exceeded the 1s limit.

The advice...?  Stay within the limit to avoid the 'fake' queue page I suppose.....?

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Did a bit more analysis on it last night...

As already known the 'queue' page fires after more than 60 x F5's in a minute ie a refresh rate of >1s.  If you wait a couple of seconds and then resume it re-queries the URL rather than reloading the 'queue' page, so with current setup the Registration page gets displayed.  This is a good thing as it suggests your IP does not get blocked for any pre-determined time period.

If however you continue with your >1s refresh rate the 'queue' page stays with you, effectively blocking you.  If you wait and resume as above the Registration page shows once more....but if you then exceed the 1s rate within a rolling 60 seconds at any further point the 'queue' page fires again.

In essence therefore you will get the 'queue' page any time you exceed the 1s refresh rate within a 60 second period.  The paradox here is that in the sale you won't know whether you have the 'queue' page due to genuinely unavailable sessions, or because you have exceeded the 1s limit.

The advice...?  Stay within the limit to avoid the 'fake' queue page I suppose.....?

Problem with ticket day is.... when all you get is a white page how the hell do you know where you are at all? :D