Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon The Cure will play also!

Not sure what to make of the verified Beni account tweet, but I just hope the wink emojis aren't referring to Mumford. 

59 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

So, who we hoping for? Want the strokes, expecting the Cure! 

But knowing Benicasim it wouldn’t surprise me if neither of these 4 ended up being there!  

BE0078CA-D710-43EF-B301-D3161903A389.png

4 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Same weekend as FIB. 

Unfortunately there’s just too many Spanish festivals, and The Cure fits all of them. Doctor Music, BBK, Mad Cool, even Cruilla Barcelona. Fingers crossed for FIB, but tbh I’ll be glad with any of four bands listed in that tweet ?

4EF5459A-9A87-443D-8644-F6EEB51A07FC.jpeg

I feel The Cure are more likely for Mad Cool than Beni, can see Mumfords and Arctics though.

16 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

Hi all. Was just wondering if anyone had used villa camp before/prepitched tents and just if you could give me a general idea on how the standard camping toilets and showers and stuff would compare to reading festival?

A thousand times cleaner and better run than reading, i did the full week in standard camping and it was more than comfortable 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gedkelly said:

Foo’s announce for Europe in June , could this year be Beni’s Year ?

Maybe so - only played MadCool in 17’ so those dates announced in Germany today have to put them in contention for Beni! 

6 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

When is the first announcement normally?

Usually around Xmas/NY time. 

12 hours ago, Irelandfan said:

If foos are announced I'll be going back no matter what cost of the festival ticket is similar to what we pay here just for a foo fighters concert

Not been able to commit yet , due to lack of funds but if the Foo’s announce KIDNEY , LIVER , SPLEEN , WIFE , CHILDREN , DOGS !!Are all available at very reasonable prices 

• Upvote 1

Since we're discussing the possibility of Mumford and/or The Cure for Beni, I decided to check past line ups over the last 3-yrs in comparison to RW and Southside/Hurricane fest. Only once in those years have we shared a headliner and that was The Killers who also played RW last year. Just goes to show that despite them being active in Europe, it may not happen at all. 

Also, I see Beni has opted for a US solo act, US group/band and UK group/band in each of the past 3 line-ups. That can only mean 2019 will give us Eminem, The Strokes and Arctic Monkeys... right? (if only!). 

Can you tell I'm bored this evening? 

10 hours ago, SCG95 said:

Since we're discussing the possibility of Mumford and/or The Cure for Beni, I decided to check past line ups over the last 3-yrs in comparison to RW and Southside/Hurricane fest. Only once in those years have we shared a headliner and that was The Killers who also played RW last year. Just goes to show that despite them being active in Europe, it may not happen at all. 

Also, I see Beni has opted for a US solo act, US group/band and UK group/band in each of the past 3 line-ups. That can only mean 2019 will give us Eminem, The Strokes and Arctic Monkeys... right? (if only!). 

Somebody mentioned in another thread about The Strokes playing all points east festival next year, so there's a possibility they will be around.

Beni and Glastonbury shared Muse as a headliner in 2016, and the Cure look to be nailed on to play there, so that's another previous pattern that could indicate them to be playing. 

Basically anything that hints at either The Strokes or The Cure headlining Beni is good enough for me. 

18 hours ago, SCG95 said:

Please be right I don’t want mumfordMumford

9 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Somebody mentioned in another thread about The Strokes playing all points east festival next year, so there's a possibility they will be around.

Beni and Glastonbury shared Muse as a headliner in 2016, and the Cure look to be nailed on to play there, so that's another previous pattern that could indicate them to be playing. 

Basically anything that hints at either The Strokes or The Cure headlining Beni is good enough for me. 

The Cure seem like an obvious Mad Cool headliner tbh based on last year's lineup - certainly moreso than a Beni headliner.

Mumford will surely be either here or Mad Cool, and Beni feels like the better fit for them based on previous lineups.

If The Strokes are around then yeah Beni seems a good bet.