Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

5 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Stayed last year and it is pricey but probs worth it imo. The year before stayed in an Airbnb a bit out and it was a pain. But in that hotel could see the stage from our balcony and could walk no bother. Hotel itself is pretty nice too.

Cheers. Usually stay in marina d’or but it might be the most unwelcoming sh*thole on the planet. Reviews on tripadvisor look decent so will probably just go for it.

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Why would The Strokes headline 3 Spanish festivals tho? The Toad just talks shite and probs best to ignore what they say.

Yeah as much as i want it to, i don't think its happening. Based on that poll i'm pretty sure were going to end up with Mumford and Sons unfortunately. 

26 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Yeah as much as i want it to, i don't think its happening. Based on that poll i'm pretty sure were going to end up with Mumford and Sons unfortunately. 

I think that if they play Benicassim, they're going to have a really nice crowd and it's going to be huge. Party acts are deeply anchored in the Spanish festival culture, like that wonderful band playing at FIB 2019 called La Maravillosa Orquesta Del Alcohol (la MODA), they are a bit like local old Mumford, and they raise big crowds like other Spanish party acts (Bongo Botrako, La Pegatina, Txarango etc). Mumford and Sons have something in their music which fits in that kind of acts. And they were not broadcasted all day long on the radio like in England. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Why would The Strokes headline 3 Spanish festivals tho? The Toad just talks shite and probs best to ignore what they say.

I have the sight, dear boy.

The toad is omnipresent! 

It's not my fault you didnotwanttohearthefuckyoutruth.

14 hours ago, jotayks said:

It would be awesome, Catfish was the best show of 2018 (in my opinion).

Think that was my fourth or so time seeing them and easily the worst show I've seen them put on. There's normally a lot more energy in their shows, biggest disappointment for me last year closely followed by the kooks.

26 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Think that was my fourth or so time seeing them and easily the worst show I've seen them put on. There's normally a lot more energy in their shows, biggest disappointment for me last year closely followed by the kooks.

It was my first time and I really enjoyed it. Maybe if they play this year will have a better show

• Like 1

Just now, jotayks said:

It was my first time and I really enjoyed it. Maybe if they play this year will have a better show

I hope so because they are a great band and are usually really up for it. Thats interesting, I saw the Arctic Monkeys last year for the first time and loved it but a lot of people were disappointed with their shows, suppose its all new if its the first time. FIB do have a habit of rebooking acts and with their new material coming out (and possibly a slot at R&L) they seem likely.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DannyNedelko said:

We haven't booked yet as we are unsure if it's going to be a good line up. 

Don't worry too much about the lineup, you'll have a blinding time regardless. One of the best things is finding bands/artists/djs you wouldn't usually listen to and having a blast 

On 1/13/2019 at 10:32 PM, SCG95 said:

As for what we'll probably end up with; Stormzy, LDR, Mumford and The 1975 bumped up to headliners.

This would be, arguably, the weakest since 2014, so based on the fact this is their big 25th Anniversary event, I'd expect something better than this.  I'm still holding out for either Strokes/AMs/FFs to headline Sat night which, with Stormzy, LDR and Tame Impala, would be a decent set of 4, for me.

The FIB will surely confirm new bands next week (January 23) because an international tourism fair (FITUR) is held between January 23-27 in Madrid. They always confirm bands on that date to make it coincide with the fair and thus be able to promote the festival in it.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, andytommo said:

This would be, arguably, the weakest since 2014, so based on the fact this is their big 25th Anniversary event, I'd expect something better than this.  I'm still holding out for either Strokes/AMs/FFs to headline Sat night which, with Stormzy, LDR and Tame Impala, would be a decent set of 4, for me.

We need something mate l having both lost an M&S we need something to cheer us up !