Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

3 hours ago, jotayks said:

BBK has removed the “exclusivity” of The Strokes so maybe we have a chance

8097EF15-8D17-4884-86EF-4904C6440EE8.png

I don't recall BBK and FIB sharing a headliner, at any time over the past decade.  Undercard artists, yes, the odd one shared each year (ditto FIB with MadCool), but I'd be surprised to see The Strokes at FIB, after today's announcement.

7 hours ago, andytommo said:

I don't recall BBK and FIB sharing a headliner, at any time over the past decade.  Undercard artists, yes, the odd one shared each year (ditto FIB with MadCool), but I'd be surprised to see The Strokes at FIB, after today's announcement.

According to my FB timeline we had fairly major announcements in 2015 and 2012 on this day ! 

4 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Think FIB will have 1 more of the Reading headliners, Foos most likely before TOP then Post. Possible 1975 and Stormzy co-head? Chemical Brothers as the last headliner, that would be my guess. Can't wait to be completely wrong!

I would rim a fetid stoat for the Foo’s and the Chems 

4 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

I would rim a fetid stoat for the Foo’s and the Chems 

Interesting turn of phrase I'll have to remember that one! ? They've both headlined in the last 3 years so I can't see why not. What other bands are about that fit and aren't already playing a Spanish fest?

14 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Interesting turn of phrase I'll have to remember that one! ? They've both headlined in the last 3 years so I can't see why not. What other bands are about that fit and aren't already playing a Spanish fest?

Foo’s headlined ?

Just now, gedkelly said:
12 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

No my bad sorry just Chems, however owned by FR like Reading and there's only a couple of other bands that have only played one fest and not the other in recent years. Could easily be Muse instead though..

Don’t like Muse at all but lots do and it would be good for the fest , love the Chems and praying for the Foo’s . Regardless of who gets named it’ll be another great fest 

So whats the general view on the names listed in the poll;

The Cure - Ruled out because of Mad Cool

Arctics - No confirmed tour dates as of yet in Europe for 2019

Mumford - Playing Barcelona in April which is said to be their only Spanish date for 2019

The Strokes - Unlikely because of BBK

No festival would be daft enough to comment on a poll where none of the bands were actually playing? Surely not?

My post from earlier in the year was. The Specials, like Madness, James, The Courteeners,1975, Cira Waves, Wombats Tom Greenan are all around and one or more could play. I can see possibly Florence/Munford as Headliners and maybe a dance act in there as well, Swedish House Mafia

Headliners could and hopefully be Foos, still space in their tour and Festival band that would go down a treat Replace Florence for LDR, Arctic’s -Still don’t rule out. Mumford - Playing Barcelona in April which is said to be their only Spanish date for 2019- rule out. The Strokes – Unlikely, also not sure if they are for Benni.

I would also throw in possibly a few from R Ashcroft, Robyn, Stormzy,Biffy, If no SHM possibly Martin Garrix?  

Ed Sherran has a gap in his tour and could play, his Spainsh dates look like they will sale out, what’s the chances he will play?

My post from earlier in the year was. The Specials, like Madness, James, The Courteeners,1975, Cira Waves, Wombats Tom Greenan are all around and one or more could play. I can see possibly Florence/Munford as Headliners and maybe a dance act in there as well, Swedish House Mafia

Headliners could and hopefully be Foos, still space in their tour and Festival band that would go down a treat Replace Florence for LDR, Arctic’s -Still don’t rule out. Mumford - Playing Barcelona in April which is said to be their only Spanish date for 2019- rule out. The Strokes – Unlikely, also not sure if they are for Benni.

I would also throw in possibly a few from R Ashcroft, Robyn, Stormzy,Biffy, If no SHM possibly Martin Garrix?  

Ed Sherran has a gap in his tour and could play, his Spainsh dates look like they will sale out, what’s the chances he will play?

45 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

I very much doubt Foo Fitghters play for any less than 2.5 hours, ever. FIB only opt for the 1.5 hour slot on a headliner due to €€€€€€€€€€€

3 hours ago, CJTM said:

I very much doubt Foo Fitghters play for any less than 2.5 hours, ever. FIB only opt for the 1.5 hour slot on a headliner due to €€€€€€€€€€€

So if the AM's and Foo's both charge Festival Republic €1M for a headline set at FIB, and the AM's do 1hr 45 min, but the Foo's prefer to play for longer and want to do 2 hours 30 min, then obviously FIB are getting better VFM by signing up the Foo's.  One last act required for main stage that night too, so money saved?

THURSDAY HEADLINER:

A$AP Rocky: Playing Sonar Festival on Thursday 18th July same date as Beni so won’t be happening unless he plays another day

Post Malone: No announced tour dates between May and August but is in the UK late August for RandL so could announce other european festival dates but is already doing a european tour in March so seems unlikely that he’d be back so soon 

Swedish House Mafia: playing Weekend Festival in Finland on the 19th July so makes them unlikely to play in Spain on the 18th but still possible

The Prodigy: Playing U-Park festival in Ukraine on the same day but could easily headline another day so could still show up at the festival

Martin Garrix: is active in July playing Sensommar in Sweden on the 5th July so could make the journey over to spain for the 18th.. is also playing Sziget who shared headliners with Beni in 2016 (Muse & Chemical Brothers)

Chance The Rapper: is active in Europe at the right time, he has a festival date in Germany playing Splash festival on the 11th July so could move over to Spain for the 18th

Stormzy: last played in 2017 but didn’t headline and by now he’s big enough to come back and take a headline slot.. has no announced dates in July as of yet and also has no dates in Spain

FRI - SAT - SUN HEADLINERS:

The Strokes: just announced their comeback show at BBK on the 11th July, were down as an exclusive but that was removed shortly after so could be some hope that they’ll play Beni, also mentioned on the poll that the official twitter responded to

The Chemical Brothers: currently no announced dates between May and November but should still be active and with no word of any europe dates other than the UK in November (and APE in May) i can only expect that they’ll fill that slot with festivals and shows within europe.. last headlined in 2016 which could make them less likely but shouldn’t really matter too much

Foo Fighters: no tour dates in July or Spain yet but are in europe at the right time (playing stockholm on the 29th June and are still in europe on the 13th August so still room for plenty more european dates) also playing RandL which have shared headliners with Beni in the past (Kasabian in 2017, Disclosure in 2016)

Arctic Monkeys: no announced european dates as of yet but if they are to announce any festival dates for spain it will be Beni due to Primavera, BBK and Mad Cool already having their headliners.. were in the poll that beni responded to also

Mumford & Sons: supposedly only playing one spanish date in 2019 which is in Barcelona on the 27th April.. no dates as of yet in July, latest date is on 27th June for Rock Werchter in Belgium also were on the poll that beni responded to

Muse: they’re playing in Bordeaux, France on the 16th July which is only a short distance from spain so they could play on 19th but they have a date in Italy on the 20th July so could make them less likely also with them last playing in 2016 i’m not too sure if they’d be back so soon but they have had similar gaps before (Kasabian in 2014 and 2017)

Florence & The Machine: she’s playing BST on the 13th July in London so could make the short flight over to headline one of the days of Beni but she’s playing a show on her european tour in Barcelona so that could make her less likely for Benicassim

Noel Gallagher: playing Mad Cool on the 11th July with no other europe dates, i expect that a few more are to be announced and Beni could be one of them, not sure if he’d headline by himself like his brother or if he’d be paired up

The 1975: haven’t been officially announced as a solo headliner but due to their name being in yellow (colour reserved for headliners) on the poster already released it could be suggesting at them co headlining with another smaller act

Vampire Weekend: another band announced for Mad Cool that couldn’t headline solo but could join The 1975 in a co-headline slot

The Cure: seems unlikely that they’d play as they would no doubt of already been announced if they were booked seeing as they’ve been announced for multiple fest’s already especially around spain/portugal (Mad Cool, NOS Alive) beni wouldn’t want to miss out on ticket sales to the competition so would announce them the first chance they got, which they haven’t

based on this i’d gamble that the line up is most likely to look like this:

Thursday: Chance The Rapper

Friday: Lana Del Rey

Saturday: The 1975 / Vampire Weekend

Sunday: undecided between Foo’s and Strokes based on the fact i can’t understand why the official twitter would respond to a poll if they didn’t have any of the bands headlining

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Davidoff said:

Edited by gedkelly

1 hour ago, OFWGKTA said:

THURSDAY HEADLINER:

A$AP Rocky: Playing Sonar Festival on Thursday 18th July same date as Beni so won’t be happening unless he plays another day

Post Malone: No announced tour dates between May and August but is in the UK late August for RandL so could announce other european festival dates but is already doing a european tour in March so seems unlikely that he’d be back so soon 

Swedish House Mafia: playing Weekend Festival in Finland on the 19th July so makes them unlikely to play in Spain on the 18th but still possible

The Prodigy: Playing U-Park festival in Ukraine on the same day but could easily headline another day so could still show up at the festival

Martin Garrix: is active in July playing Sensommar in Sweden on the 5th July so could make the journey over to spain for the 18th.. is also playing Sziget who shared headliners with Beni in 2016 (Muse & Chemical Brothers)

Chance The Rapper: is active in Europe at the right time, he has a festival date in Germany playing Splash festival on the 11th July so could move over to Spain for the 18th

Stormzy: last played in 2017 but didn’t headline and by now he’s big enough to come back and take a headline slot.. has no announced dates in July as of yet and also has no dates in Spain

FRI - SAT - SUN HEADLINERS:

The Strokes: just announced their comeback show at BBK on the 11th July, were down as an exclusive but that was removed shortly after so could be some hope that they’ll play Beni, also mentioned on the poll that the official twitter responded to

The Chemical Brothers: currently no announced dates between May and November but should still be active and with no word of any europe dates other than the UK in November (and APE in May) i can only expect that they’ll fill that slot with festivals and shows within europe.. last headlined in 2016 which could make them less likely but shouldn’t really matter too much

Foo Fighters: no tour dates in July or Spain yet but are in europe at the right time (playing stockholm on the 29th June and are still in europe on the 13th August so still room for plenty more european dates) also playing RandL which have shared headliners with Beni in the past (Kasabian in 2017, Disclosure in 2016)

Arctic Monkeys: no announced european dates as of yet but if they are to announce any festival dates for spain it will be Beni due to Primavera, BBK and Mad Cool already having their headliners.. were in the poll that beni responded to also

Mumford & Sons: supposedly only playing one spanish date in 2019 which is in Barcelona on the 27th April.. no dates as of yet in July, latest date is on 27th June for Rock Werchter in Belgium also were on the poll that beni responded to

Muse: they’re playing in Bordeaux, France on the 16th July which is only a short distance from spain so they could play on 19th but they have a date in Italy on the 20th July so could make them less likely also with them last playing in 2016 i’m not too sure if they’d be back so soon but they have had similar gaps before (Kasabian in 2014 and 2017)

Florence & The Machine: she’s playing BST on the 13th July in London so could make the short flight over to headline one of the days of Beni but she’s playing a show on her european tour in Barcelona so that could make her less likely for Benicassim

Noel Gallagher: playing Mad Cool on the 11th July with no other europe dates, i expect that a few more are to be announced and Beni could be one of them, not sure if he’d headline by himself like his brother or if he’d be paired up

The 1975: haven’t been officially announced as a solo headliner but due to their name being in yellow (colour reserved for headliners) on the poster already released it could be suggesting at them co headlining with another smaller act

Vampire Weekend: another band announced for Mad Cool that couldn’t headline solo but could join The 1975 in a co-headline slot

The Cure: seems unlikely that they’d play as they would no doubt of already been announced if they were booked seeing as they’ve been announced for multiple fest’s already especially around spain/portugal (Mad Cool, NOS Alive) beni wouldn’t want to miss out on ticket sales to the competition so would announce them the first chance they got, which they haven’t

based on this i’d gamble that the line up is most likely to look like this:

Thursday: Chance The Rapper

Friday: Lana Del Rey

Saturday: The 1975 / Vampire Weekend

Sunday: undecided between Foo’s and Strokes based on the fact i can’t understand why the official twitter would respond to a poll if they didn’t have any of the bands headlining

Great work that mate 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

The Strokes are playing at Doctor Music Festival which probably means the dreams over for me :( 

I reckon we've got Mumford out of the 4 listed in the poll...

As for now there is no Portugal date for them. NOS Alive is out due to dates as both BBK and DM announced The Strokes & The Voidz, so Julian needs to spend two days at each of these two festivals. 
If they play SBSR I'm sure they also come to Beni.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

As for now there is no Portugal date for them. NOS Alive is out due to dates as both BBK and DM announced The Strokes & The Voidz, so Julian needs to spend two days at each of these two festivals. 
If they play SBSR I'm sure they also come to Beni.

Could we realistically expect The Strokes to play 3 Spanish festivals? I hope you're right, just seems one too many for me personally.