Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

17 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

Nah but they count attendence over the entire weekend (smaller festivals tend to do that to hype themself up). So 130k/4 = 32 500 on average per day.

if glastonbury did the same they would claim ”over 600 000 in attendence”

I know it’s over the weekend but I still doubt it, I was expecting LDR to have the biggest crowd of the weekend and it was fucking dead.

fuck it, still a great week.

This years figures are in. 18,000 Thursday, 31,000 Friday, 37,000 Saturday and 27,000 on Sunday, shocking really, Vetusa morla were an absolute car crash, poked my head in and it was as dead as a dodo. Franz and George shoulda took the headlining! That hot dub time machine was something special though! 

Regardless of the lineup, that was probably my best Beni yet. Spending a bit of more cash to stay in Hotel Orange made some difference.

Highlights of the week for me: Fatboy Slim, Gerry C, blossoms, KOL, Fontaine’s DC, The Hunna, Franz Ferdinand, Ezra and hot dub time machine was a cracking end to the weekend.

Was a bit pissed off with the shambles with the blinders, ended up missing them, but definitely got my monies worth.

Be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Blossoms and Franz Ferdinand stole the show for me. 

KOL, Hunna, Gerry and Sea Girls were immense too, and I was pleasantly surprised with George Ezra.

Gave Vetusta Morla a chance... and I felt embarrassed for them in all honesty. I only lasted about 10 mins. 

Lana Del Rey - biggest disappointment. Seen Fatboy Slim do much better stuff than that too. 

And Wow... Hot Dub. Would've been fitting to close out any festival. 

After all the drama, what a week. 

I’ve seen there’s been a buy out or a change of hands at beni so be interesting to see where they go next year. I think it’ll be 3 days and majority Spanish acts. There was a lot more Spanish this year and I think that’s going to tonbe the new direction! 

highlights for me were blossoms, franz, George Ezra, Gerry and fat boy! That hot dub time machine was a pearler to end the weekend on as well! I can’t see early bird tickets being through the roof this year, at Christmas time I’ll decide 

Did anyone else see the shambles that was the start of Action Bronson? I felt dead bad for the guy

30 minutes late with a booing crowd? Someone's knee deep in shit over that

Vetusta Morla were as expected too: half-full crowd ? we stayed for 10 minutes before moving on. We could Vetusta No-more-la 

Other than that a really good week. It exceeded my expectations based on the line up! It'll probably be back for Beni Twenny-twenny

8 minutes ago, Differ16 said:

Anyone any idea what happened with action? 

No idea why he was late, but when he turned up I don’t think his visuals were working, so he started throwing mics about. Actually thought he was decent for the 25 mins he played.

The Bakermat situation was a bastard for me, really looking forward to him and they cancel 10 mins before? Would love to know what went on there! Especially as he was due to play Tomorrowland the day after, I don’t know if he made that gig though! 3 stages was far too much for the level of people though, that thunder bitch stage never looked busy at all to me but I don’t know if anyone seen it busy? But worst act of the weekend has to be that alien tango, knew they were shocking before the festival but was in early for Yiu me at six (who did fucking fantastic with the size of the crowd) and they were even worse than I knew they would Be!

My first Beni, and absolutely loved it... Great human experience, I hope that neighbours will be back next year. We were among the only French here and made a lot of new friends, mostly 19-25 years old.

After several disappointments, I was shocked by how good we're Kings Of Leon this time. I felt that their passion was back, they played a bit like Smashing Pumpkins at NOS Alive the week before. Loved Gerry Cinnamon, La MODA, Franz Ferdinand, George Ezra... Vetusta Morla were insane at NOS Alive, but this time the first half of the show was more quiet probably because of the full album. Great second part though. Loved the second part of the 1975 too after Gerry. 

One of the rare festivals where every show looks good thanks to the crowd. 

I'll try to learn Spanish to be more ready for next year. The camp was great due to its people but I guess it could turn bad with rain. Maybe tent in the camp + air bnb is a better plan.. See you next year! 

Edited by Tremousse
  • Upvote 2

Well, I can count the amount of bands I saw on one hand, but had a brilliant week. At 27 I felt very old but luckily had some awesome neighbors who shared out penchant for debauchery.
One thing I will say though, I saw some amazing bands who deserved much bigger crowds than what they got, You Me At Six was a prime example, can't be a good feeling for the band's to play to a paltry crowd. Can't see them rushing back to the festival after that, which isn't good. Make it a 3 day festival, reduce the amount of stages, increase the ticket prices by €10 a ticket. Do any combination of those, I don't care, because the crowd is what makes the festival, and without the acts you don't get the crowds. Let's hope there's a rocket up the organisers arsed after this year's turnout!

• 2 months later...