Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

6 minutes ago, Sturdysnake said:

This is my first beni trip and, despite the line-up not being to eveyrone's taste – I'm freaking pumped!

Just had a quick question, any advice on getting sleep!? (is it best to just stay up as late as possible and catch the Z's in the day?)

and do the tents in villacamp have padlocks on them?

See you all there :D 

Sleep in your tent for as long as possible, then after about 4 hours sleep (if you're lucky) get to the beach and get under a parasol for a few more hours. If you have an easy tent or anything from the glamping company they provide a padlock and a light. You'll have to buy your own airbed though.

4 minutes ago, Pognose said:

Sleep in your tent for as long as possible, then after about 4 hours sleep (if you're lucky) get to the beach and get under a parasol for a few more hours. If you have an easy tent or anything from the glamping company they provide a padlock and a light. You'll have to buy your own airbed though.

Cheers :)

we booked a deluxe double which I think comes with a bed...

any other top tips for a first timer?

8 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

I remember how they clashed Kasabian and Love of Lesbian (another famous spanish band), and spaniards on social media made so negative feedback that they changed it and clashed Kasabian with Mura Masa. And got booed even more ?
It's impossible to make stage times perfect for everyone, there will always be a few clashes. The strangest one is The 1975 / GC, but I don't care about The 1975 so it's ok for me!

I remember the love of lesbian fiasco well! Hopefully they get their own way this year and they swap them for Gerry cinnamon. That would be the dream

25 minutes ago, Sturdysnake said:

This is my first beni trip and, despite the line-up not being to eveyrone's taste – I'm freaking pumped!

Just had a quick question, any advice on getting sleep!? (is it best to just stay up as late as possible and catch the Z's in the day?)

and do the tents in villacamp have padlocks on them?

See you all there :D 

Ignore my moaning buddy, I often forget I only paid €98 for a ticket so I’m spoilt no matter what! I blow hot and cold on the issue of the line up but the festival itself is a belter, great people, great location and just a right laugh! As regards sleep we brought beach chairs from a stall in the campsite, found shade and put towels over our heads and that seemed to work! We looked like poorly pigs but it’s a good tactic! Also, if you can get near the showers, they’re a life saver in the day/mornings! On the padlock question, we didn’t even zip our tents up, all valuables went in the locker and I didn’t hear one issue with stealing but is better to be safe than sorry so pack your own just incase 

6 minutes ago, Sturdysnake said:

Cheers :)

we booked a deluxe double which I think comes with a bed...

any other top tips for a first timer?

Yeah you do get a blow up Matt, so don't worry about that. My top tips would be: Go into town and get a cheap polystyrene cooler box, they're worth their weight in gold. Keep food and drinks cool for absolute ages. Or, get a sturdy plastic one and you can use it as a seat. Costs a bit more but saves you €12 on a camp chair.

When you buy crates of beer etc, do it in town because it's mega cheap, take a towel down with you and tie a knot in opposite corners of the towel, put the knot over your shoulder and use it as a sling to carry heavy shit with you. Easier to carry and also gives you two extra hands to carry more. Better still, if you have a car, load it with beer on the first day, and then youre only a few mins away from cheap beer all week, you only need to buy ice, which you can get on site for €3 a bag.

Wear sun cream 10 factors stronger than you usually wear, being burnt takes the fun out of it.

During the day eat in town. It's cheap and it's good. At night eat in the arena, it's better than any festival food I've eaten before.

Where possible buy smaller glasses of beer from the arena, the big ones mean you don't have to queue as often but you always end up drinking a warm beer by the time you get to the bottom. It works out the same price as a big one.

Anything else?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pognose said:

Yeah you do get a blow up Matt, so don't worry about that. My top tips would be: Go into town and get a cheap polystyrene cooler box, they're worth their weight in gold. Keep food and drinks cool for absolute ages. Or, get a sturdy plastic one and you can use it as a seat. Costs a bit more but saves you €12 on a camp chair.

When you buy crates of beer etc, do it in town because it's mega cheap, take a towel down with you and tie a knot in opposite corners of the towel, put the knot over your shoulder and use it as a sling to carry heavy shit with you. Easier to carry and also gives you two extra hands to carry more. Better still, if you have a car, load it with beer on the first day, and then youre only a few mins away from cheap beer all week, you only need to buy ice, which you can get on site for €3 a bag.

Wear sun cream 10 factors stronger than you usually wear, being burnt takes the fun out of it.

During the day eat in town. It's cheap and it's good. At night eat in the arena, it's better than any festival food I've eaten before.

Where possible buy smaller glasses of beer from the arena, the big ones mean you don't have to queue as often but you always end up drinking a warm beer by the time you get to the bottom. It works out the same price as a big one.

Anything else?

The small beer tip is priceless. The first time I went to Beni we fell for the big beers. Turns out there is no queue anyway, the small beers work out the same price and you never drink warm beer. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jsf10 said:

Has anyone else noticed that on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the last 2 acts of the south beach pool party have the same set times? 

All the set times at the pool party are the same every day. Think it’s the same every year.

Stage times are out. Most times look good to me except the HUNNA, GC and 1975. I would rather GC was on the same time as Lana but overall, I am happy with that. Not sure if I should see You me at Six or try the Sea Girls for the Saturday early slot.  Sunday has no clashes for me. I expected FF to maybe be on the same time as Ezra or Hot Tub I would rather GC was on the same time as Lana but overall, I am happy with that.

My son and I are going and this is our first year. Reading the reviews on how well run it is and the cheap drink it all sounds good. No sure about the line up but at £100 what more can you expect. 

25 minutes ago, Pognose said:

Anything else?

How are they with glass on the campsites? Canny hack tins ae lager 

1 minute ago, Differ16 said:

How are they with glass on the campsites? Canny hack tins ae lager 

No restrictions in the campsite, think gas canisters are the only thing they're arsed about. Obviously just don't be a ball bag and they're pretty chill, plus it's never fun walking through glass with sliders on.

35 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

All the set times at the pool party are the same every day. Think it’s the same every year.

What I'm saying is, they've got 2 acts playing at 1:30-3 every day on the same stage. I'm guessing it's just a typo, and not DJs going B2B. But it's the sort of mistake that just makes me laugh. 

6 minutes ago, Jsf10 said:

What I'm saying is, they've got 2 acts playing at 1:30-3 every day on the same stage. I'm guessing it's just a typo, and not DJs going B2B. But it's the sort of mistake that just makes me laugh. 

Ah right I get you now. Will just be a typo I’m guessing, because the pool party never finishes that early. The last act should probably be 3-4:30

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TipToes24 said:

Imagine fat boy slims face after being booked and sold as a headliner when he sees the stage and crowd that will greet him! Just hope he remains professional ? he may like it more as it will be more of an intimate set ?

They’ve surely sold at least 15k weekend tickets? That means the second stage will be absolutely rammed packed, because I can’t remember it being terribly big. 

1 hour ago, Pognose said:

Anything else?

Thanks for the advice - especially the beer part!

Can you remember how much beer is in the arena? (will help me work out how much moolah to bring)

Whats the beach like during the day, can you still find space most the time? :) 

Cheers! 

Edited by Sturdysnake

5 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

They’ve surely sold at least 15k weekend tickets? That means the second stage will be absolutely rammed packed, because I can’t remember it being terribly big. 

It’s not packed at all, I remember Mura masa and courteeners there in 2017 and there wasn’t much space as all for them so let alone it being the only stage open with nothing else on! They seem happy with ticket sales but like we’ve said they don’t take into account all the ones for sale or people who have just gave up. It could either work well or be the first disastrous decision they’ve made since I’ve stared going!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

It’s not packed at all, I remember Mura masa and courteeners there in 2017 and there wasn’t much space as all for them so let alone it being the only stage open with nothing else on! They seem happy with ticket sales but like we’ve said they don’t take into account all the ones for sale or people who have just gave up. It could either work well or be the first disastrous decision they’ve made since I’ve stared going!

Unless they’ve altered the lay out to make a bit more space, because we’ve lost a stage and we’ve yet to see a map.

3 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Unless they’ve altered the lay out to make a bit more space, because we’ve lost a stage and we’ve yet to see a map.

This got tweeted out earlier by an account, can’t remember which one but it wasn’t the official account. Nake of it what you will but it looks bang on to me 

7A6C7C84-AD40-4ED7-874B-656A837F4289.png

2 minutes ago, Sturdysnake said:

Thanks for the advice - especially the beer part!

Can you remember how much beer is in the arena? (will help me work out how much moolah to bring)

Whats the beach like during the day, can you still find space most the time? :) 

Cheers! 

It's €3 for a 330ml cup same size as a bottle (desperados is best bang for your buck at 5.9%) or €9 for a litre cup. You also get geezers walking through the crowd with cold kegs of Heineken on their back, they're on commission though, so you get plenty of head on your beer, knowing the phrase 'un poco más' is handy in those situation. It's €9 for a vodka redbull measure that will blow your dick clean off and about €6 for spirit with normal mixer (not too sure on that one). There's plenty of beaches about so you might have to walk a bit further down to find a decent spot but shouldn't be a massive issue. Hardest part is actually walking to the beach. It's about 2 miles away and hard work when rough.

2 minutes ago, Pognose said:

It's €3 for a 330ml cup same size as a bottle (desperados is best bang for your buck at 5.9%) or €9 for a litre cup. You also get geezers walking through the crowd with cold kegs of Heineken on their back, they're on commission though, so you get plenty of head on your beer, knowing the phrase 'un poco más' is handy in those situation. It's €9 for a vodka redbull measure that will blow your dick clean off and about €6 for spirit with normal mixer (not too sure on that one). There's plenty of beaches about so you might have to walk a bit further down to find a decent spot but shouldn't be a massive issue. Hardest part is actually walking to the beach. It's about 2 miles away and hard work when rough.

Small bottles of wine are €6 and they’re an absolute treat as well! A night on them and you can’t speak for about a week after and the hangovers are biblical! 

2 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Small bottles of wine are €6 and they’re an absolute treat as well! A night on them and you can’t speak for about a week after and the hangovers are biblical! 

That reminds me! If you buy wine from the shop, make sure it's a screw top. Those videos that say you can get a cork out with a shoe against a wall are bullshit. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Map was tweeted from an account with the twitter handle @CruzRojaCS 5 hours ago, it’s much better quality than the one I’ve put in 

Yeah that’ll be legit then. Fucking hell its some trek this year after crossing the bridge over the dual carriageway. Will be some laugh doing the return leg not being able to function at 5am