Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

3 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

He goes on to say it’s still not profitable, but they’re making changes to make sure it is. Certainly believe the festivals future’s safe, seems to be in a much better financial situation than it was a few years back.

BED5A724-233C-40F3-BD0E-A883578AEB92.png

I see vetusa morla and Lana Del Ray got a special arse licking from this man as well! But he says it’s in safe hands so I trust the man. Just don’t agree with the 130,000 figure, but again....I hope I’m wrong 

1 hour ago, HappyWednesday said:

I see the timetables of opening times have been updated on the website, and they have the arena opening from 7pm each night.  Is that an hour later than in previous years?

Acts last year started as early as 18:15 but usually closer to 19:00 with doors opening a while before. So I’m guessing they’re just planning on starting the nights later this year! 

1 minute ago, Jonesy1 said:

Also be a quick dash between the Hunna and GC.

Main stage closed on the Thursday, fatboy slim playing the second stage. Unbelievable ?

Just fucking noticed about the mainstage ?? fuckung how empty are they expecting it to be! I hope we get a full FBS experience with the screens and lights! Can’t see how they will be able to fit it all in on that small stage 

1 minute ago, TipToes24 said:

Just fucking noticed about the mainstage ?? fuckung how empty are they expecting it to be! I hope we get a full FBS experience with the screens and lights! Can’t see how they will be able to fit it all in on that small stage 

Was actually looking forward to him on the main stage. Even if they’re expecting 15/20k on the Thursday, there’s no way they’ll fit into the space at the second stage.

On another note, Benn mentioned yesterday the Thursday is a “welcome party”. Makes me think even more that it’ll be a 3 day festival next year, with just 1 or 2 things on the Thursday.

The more I look at it the more I realise just how bad it is, loads of acts with 50 minute sets, some odd clashes in there. They pushed Gerry and the 1975 really had and clashed them. Lana and la moda are clashing and the Spanish don’t seem too pleased with that at all. Thursdays a joke and Sunday gets even worse every time I look at it. Just awful. Thank god for the cheap booze in the super markets 

12 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

It’s the one that’s the opposite corner of the pool party stage. If you understand my great description there ? 

So just the main south beach stage. Means they’ve got rid of the stage that was in the tent sort of thing.

This is my first beni trip and, despite the line-up not being to eveyrone's taste – I'm freaking pumped!

Just had a quick question, any advice on getting sleep!? (is it best to just stay up as late as possible and catch the Z's in the day?)

and do the tents in villacamp have padlocks on them?

See you all there :D 

23 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

It’s the one that’s the opposite corner of the pool party stage. If you understand my great description there ? 

Yeah, previously South Beach Dance Stage - decent size - and 1 tree for shade/meeting point!

36 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

On another note, Benn mentioned yesterday the Thursday is a “welcome party”. Makes me think even more that it’ll be a 3 day festival next year, with just 1 or 2 things on the Thursday.

I think it really depends on their budget and on artists they could book. 2014-2015 also had only two stages working on Thursday, then something went better for next three years, now they are having downfall again.

6 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Lana and la moda are clashing and the Spanish don’t seem too pleased with that at all.

I remember how they clashed Kasabian and Love of Lesbian (another famous spanish band), and spaniards on social media made so negative feedback that they changed it and clashed Kasabian with Mura Masa. And got booed even more ?
It's impossible to make stage times perfect for everyone, there will always be a few clashes. The strangest one is The 1975 / GC, but I don't care about The 1975 so it's ok for me!

7 minutes ago, Sturdysnake said:

This is my first beni trip and, despite the line-up not being to eveyrone's taste – I'm freaking pumped!

Just had a quick question, any advice on getting sleep!? (is it best to just stay up as late as possible and catch the Z's in the day?)

and do the tents in villacamp have padlocks on them?

See you all there :D 

It's quite funny, as we've all been slagging the line up for months, and I've just been speaking to someone this morning, gone through the line up with them, and they couldn't believe how good it was!!!

Still the worst in 8 years of going, but I'm past worrying about it. There's still about 15 acts I'm looking forward to seeing over the weekend, and looking forward to have a bit more time to wonder around and discover some new artists, compared to the past 2 years, where it's been 20-25, more clashes/overlaps/etc....

Up the FIB!!!! ?

• Upvote 1