Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

1 hour ago, Bluemail said:

Quick question. Noticed there is now a supermarket in campfest. What’s it like? Or is cheaper and easier to walk down to the town and get supplies from there? 

Erm we never went in when we camped but from what we heard it was pretty pricey compared to the supermarkets in town, loads of people near us use to walk into town for their booze and what not and to take on that walk daily it must have been fairly expensive. But like I said we never ventured in 

39 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Erm we never went in when we camped but from what we heard it was pretty pricey compared to the supermarkets in town, loads of people near us use to walk into town for their booze and what not and to take on that walk daily it must have been fairly expensive. But like I said we never ventured in 

Much appreciated. Just last time I was there in 2016 it didn’t exist so was curious. Is the toasty van still there. The one near the camp fest bar? I survived on those things. 

11 hours ago, Bluemail said:

Much appreciated. Just last time I was there in 2016 it didn’t exist so was curious. Is the toasty van still there. The one near the camp fest bar? I survived on those things. 

That toasty van has been there every year since 2012, so i cant see it stopping now. You probably know this but the huge white tent opposite the toasty van does decent cheap snacks. They do a kebab for 6 euros which i have at least once a day! 

Considering ive just come back from Glastonbury and seem to be suffering from the worst post festival blues / comedown ive ever known, its safe to say i cant wait to be back at Beni, regardless of how poor the lineup is!

Just over a week to go now guys!

11 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

That toasty van has been there every year since 2012, so i cant see it stopping now. You probably know this but the huge white tent opposite the toasty van does decent cheap snacks. They do a kebab for 6 euros which i have at least once a day! 

Considering ive just come back from Glastonbury and seem to be suffering from the worst post festival blues / comedown ive ever known, its safe to say i cant wait to be back at Beni, regardless of how poor the lineup is!

Those toasties are dog shit! 40 Min wait and €6 for Mild cheese and tinned anemic mushrooms from a tin. I'd rather eat my own smegma than one of those things again ? Beni food is amazing for a festival but that toastie shack...

13 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I’m the same as you regarding not caring what the line up is like and just can’t for wait for some sun booze and a good time. I’ve not been able to make the last two years due to work but I’m looking forward to this year. Love a good kebab but I dread the hot box that is the portaloos during the day lol. 

2 minutes ago, Pognose said:

Those toasties are dog shit! 40 Min wait and €6 for Mild cheese and tinned anemic mushrooms from a tin. I'd rather eat my own smegma than one of those things again ? Beni food is amazing for a festival but that toastie shack...

Cheese ham and beans plus at like 5 in the morning everything tastes good. 

19 minutes ago, Pognose said:

Never had one myself! Usually get a kebab mid afternoon before the sun starts setting, the temperatures drop, and the fun begins ;) 

23 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

This is my first Benicassim and I am looking forward to it but I feel that set times not being out is disorganized to say the least.

Seems to be a recurring theme with announcements and so on this year, usually they’re always bang on time with line ups and such but this year’s been all over the place! There’s still plenty of time for them to release them today which I’m hoping for but I doubt they’ll release them over the weekend and that means more waiting till next week! The Social media side of things this year has been a joke.

6 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Seems to be a recurring theme with announcements and so on this year, usually they’re always bang on time with line ups and such but this year’s been all over the place! There’s still plenty of time for them to release them today which I’m hoping for but I doubt they’ll release them over the weekend and that means more waiting till next week! The Social media side of things this year has been a joke.

The one thing you can always rely on Beni for is how smoothly the festival always runs. Had some logistical shockers over the last few years - Mad Cool 2019, Boomtown 2017, Glastonbury 2016 - but you can guarantee Beni will run as smoothly as ever. Don't think i've ever queued at the festival for anything for more than 5 minutes, and when you're 6 days deep into the festival, things like that are worth its weight in gold. 

7 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

The one thing you can always rely on Beni for is how smoothly the festival always runs. Had some logistical shockers over the last few years - Mad Cool 2019, Boomtown 2017, Glastonbury 2016 - but you can guarantee Beni will run as smoothly as ever. Don't think i've ever queued at the festival for anything for more than 5 minutes, and when you're 6 days deep into the festival, things like that are worth its weight in gold. 

Oh yeah, once there it runs like a well oiled machine, that’s one reason I’ll always go back, I ventured to Tomorrowland in 2012 and that Organization wise was the pits! I cant fault for them the actual running of the festival. Just the social media side of things this year seem so off compared to usual! One question though, what goes so wrong at mad cool? I’d love to go but always hear horror stories about it

This is the first Benni I will be at, so I am not sure what to expect. The set list was announced on the 4 July last year, so I expect the times to be announced on Monday. Maybe they are awaiting news on Jess Gylnne and if she is going to be fit.  

4 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

This is the first Benni I will be at, so I am not sure what to expect. The set list was announced on the 4 July last year, so I expect the times to be announced on Monday. Maybe they are awaiting news on Jess Gylnne and if she is going to be fit.  

They’ve also tweeted saying they will be replacing Cassius so maybe waiting on confirmation on that too ??‍♂️ but it’s usually about 2 weeks before. 

10 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Oh yeah, once there it runs like a well oiled machine, that’s one reason I’ll always go back, I ventured to Tomorrowland in 2012 and that Organization wise was the pits! I cant fault for them the actual running of the festival. Just the social media side of things this year seem so off compared to usual! One question though, what goes so wrong at mad cool? I’d love to go but always hear horror stories about it

First of all we paid an extra £10 to have our wristbands delivered to us at home to save queuing on the first day - wristband was never sent so then we had to queue for 5 hours in the Madrid heat without any water as they took it of us before queuing. There was literally no water provided for anyone in the queue either, so people collapsing was pretty widespread. Even once you got in your were then expected to queue for minimum 30 minutes just to get a drink. Even on the second day they continued to employ this draconian method of confiscating water of you before you started to queue which was once again in excess of 2 hours. 

It was just a shit show. Staff were arrogant and the security were heavy handed for the simplest things. 

I remember people on here last year having a completely different view of the festival so maybe i just turned up at the wrong times etc, but after doing Benicassim 8 years in a row maybe my expectations of festivals are much higher than reality! 

2 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

This is my first Benicassim and I am looking forward to it but I feel that set times not being out is disorganized to say the least.

The set times for Benicassim are only ever released about 10-14 days prior to the festival starting, so I'd imagine they will be announced at the start of next week.  As the above posters have said, it's a very well oiled machine from when the doors open at 6pm on Thursday night, until they close at 6am Monday, but the lead-up is a bit more Spanish (relaxed) compared to UK festivals (the likes of set-times, maps, bus routes, etc.....)

3 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

Unless your an LDR fan because they've posted about that shitbag every fecking day!

2 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

First of all we paid an extra £10 to have our wristbands delivered to us at home to save queuing on the first day - wristband was never sent so then we had to queue for 5 hours in the Madrid heat without any water as they took it of us before queuing. There was literally no water provided for anyone in the queue either, so people collapsing was pretty widespread. Even once you got in your were then expected to queue for minimum 30 minutes just to get a drink. Even on the second day they continued to employ this draconian method of confiscating water of you before you started to queue which was once again in excess of 2 hours. 

It was just a shit show. Staff were arrogant and the security were heavy handed for the simplest things. 

I remember people on here last year having a completely different view of the festival so maybe i just turned up at the wrong times etc, but after doing Benicassim 8 years in a row maybe my expectations of festivals are much higher than reality! 

https://en.festileaks.com/2018/07/festival-report-dream-lineup-and-logistical-problems-at-sunny-mad-cool-2018/

Think your view is pretty spot on based on this. That VIP area? Really? Wow!

On 7/3/2019 at 8:20 AM, neilleeds88 said:

Has anyone been to Beni (or any other) festival alone? Changes to my circumstances have meant that if I want to go it will be by myself.

I imagine I would be fine when the festival is on, not sure what it would be like during the day when I'd normally be hanging out on the beach etc

I’m going it alone fri and sat and I’ve never done it before either so I’m in a similar situation!