Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

12 minutes ago, shaun64 said:

70278CA0-B2C6-4DFA-9D7D-C81238AA6BAF.png

Ahhhhh I see, I never venture onto the website and I only use twitter so I only go off what’s on there, lazy on my account I know ? glad they’re sponsoring again, the first 2 Pinter in the venue is how the weekend should begin ? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

I genuinely think that would be the final straw for me.

Why though? Very talented artist with a back catalog of bangers, he's a bit cheesy but he'll be a great live act, I'm volunteering at his Hyde Park gig a week before, so would be mad to see him twice in a week.

On 5/31/2019 at 2:25 PM, Mooncake79 said:

Vaccines recently leaked as Glastonbury opening act. Would love a late announcement that they are returning again this year! Doubtful I know but for me they could save the current shower of shit we’ve got!

*Crosses everything 

I don't dislike the line up too. much but the Vaccines would be enough to make me sell my ticket.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JoshuaSimmonds said:

Why though? Very talented artist with a back catalog of bangers, he's a bit cheesy but he'll be a great live act, I'm volunteering at his Hyde Park gig a week before, so would be mad to see him twice in a week.

Because it’s pop central already, that’s not what you sign up to with benicassim, it’s going the same route as v festival and we all seen how that ended for them. Plus the amount of money they would throw at Robbie they could get 3 or 4 bands 1000 times better, it’d be a massive waste of budget. 

28 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Because it’s pop central already, that’s not what you sign up to with benicassim, it’s going the same route as v festival and we all seen how that ended for them. Plus the amount of money they would throw at Robbie they could get 3 or 4 bands 1000 times better, it’d be a massive waste of budget. 

I don't think it would happen due to him headlining BST, doubt his booking fee would be met when you already have acts such as Lana Del Rey.

16 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

6 weeks on Thursday, I thought there would be something this week but looking like it might be next week now.

I am not sure if there will be any big name acts added now. I think most people will have ther tickets flights etc booked. The vaccines could be a good shout for the Thursday. They are playing a festival on Friday and Saturday. 

Hopefully find out everything next week 

3 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Jeez when are we getting more acts it's in less than 2 months... 

It’ll be next week I bet, they can’t hold it any longer than that, there won’t be anyone of note now as it’s not as if any names will bring in more people as it’s too late now for people to book flights and hotels. It will just be nice to have a final line up though! 

Genuine question here, how many acts are people actually looking forward to watching? I’ve got a list of about 7 acts I’ve never seen that I want to see about 4 acts I’ve seen before I want to see and about another 7 I think may be alright but I could be at them for about 10 minutes and then move on. Just intrigued if anyone’s still got a good amount of acts their excited to see, the last few years I’ve been I’ve caught about 15-20 acts over the weekend and my list is at about that number so I can’t moan too much....it’s just how underwhelming the headliners are and the lack of bands for me 

Thursday- Fat Boy Slim but I will take in Kodaline

Friday- Hunna and Gerry Cinnamon possibly the 1975

Saturday- KOL, Blossom, You me at six and possibly Jess Glyne

Sunday Franz and George Ezra then onto the Hot Tub Time Machine

That makes 8 that I want to see, possible 3 other possible and the Hot Tub Time machine.  It also depends on the times and who is playing the same time as Lana and V Morla

Edited by Davidoff

For me it’s:

Fatboy slim, Action bronson, Fontaines DC,  The Hunna, the blinders, KOL, Blossoms, Franz Ferdinand, DJ Seinfeld, Fjaak, AJ Tracey

So 11 in total, worth the 100 quid a ticket but still very disappointing compared to recent years

For me is 

KoL, Franz, 1975, kodaline, Gorgon city, George Ezra and the hunna 

ive seen blossoms, Gerry cinnamon, fatboy and Cassius and I’d definitely see all 4 again 

I’ll try dj Seinfeld, you me at six, fjaak, project pablo, OR:LA, CC:disco and sea girls. 

Just depressing considering I was expecting people like Mumford and sons, Arctic, chemical brothers and Noel Gallagher! People of that ilk ?

Staying in Castellon, torn between getting the shuttle bus which is not cheap or relying on local bus and taxi back.

Taxis where a bit of a nightmare last year but with ticket sales a lot lower this year I'm considering taking my chances, any opinions/experiences of either?

7 hours ago, mbee123 said:

Staying in Castellon, torn between getting the shuttle bus which is not cheap or relying on local bus and taxi back.

Taxis where a bit of a nightmare last year but with ticket sales a lot lower this year I'm considering taking my chances, any opinions/experiences of either?

Do we actually definitely know ticket sales are a lot lower?  I know it's a fair assumption given the line-up, but has it been confirmed anywhere?

6 hours ago, HappyWednesday said:

Do we actually definitely know ticket sales are a lot lower?  I know it's a fair assumption given the line-up, but has it been confirmed anywhere?

Don’t think they will be tbh, a lot of people would’ve bought early bird and they’ve hardly been pushing sales. Only day I’ve seen them advertise is the Friday, don’t know if it’s because it’s struggling or they’re pushing for a sell out. Although it isn’t for me, the Friday probably sells the most tickets.

10 hours ago, HappyWednesday said:

I’m going out in a limb and guessing they sold well on the early bird tickets with the promises of a big 25th anniversary, then did a little bit better after Lana was announced as the most buzz off social media seems to be about her and I think it’s been pretty steady since....up until the third announcement when it all started going a bit pear shaped. Going off the buzz on Twitter it’s non existent to previous years I’ve gone and when you search Benicàssim it’s mainly just tickets for sale! I know/have seen a few people who brought tickets and aren’t going. For example I have friends who live in Spain and drive and they’ve said it’s not worth the petrol for them so that’s 4 tickets sold that aren’t going....I know 4 people isn’t the end of the world ? but there’s seems to be others who have bailed because it’s not worth the flight/hotel prices. Don’t get me wrong I hope I am wrong and it’s busy but with Thursday only having 6 acts so far and Sunday looks shaky at best I’m unsure if it will hit the crowds of previous years and last year it seemed pretty empty at times ??‍♂️ 

Edited by TipToes24