Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

You'll all be fine. The line-up isn't stellar compared to recent years but that shouldn't stop a party.

This is Festival Republic, they are a massive company who put on some of Europe's biggest and most well-respected festivals. They have hundreds of thousands of customers each year so a few moans on social media will do little to garner their attention.

Without wishing to sound toooooo cheesy, the language they understand is cash. Therefore, my advice is keep your wallet in your pocket next year and wait for the line-up announcement. If it's crap, go elsewhere. Don't get suckered in to saving twenty quid by buying an early bird ticket - you are likely to drop a grand on the festival with tickets, flights, food, drink etc - a twenty quid saving is a drop in the ocean. 

I haven’t been in two years and was raving about this festival to all my mates. Now a lot are going and I’m getting stick for selling a sham. I’m just hoping the campsite and other things around the place make up for the line up. 

Do we know yet what beer will be on offer. First year I went was desperadoes the year after was the carlsberg citrus stuff. I’m hoping for desperadoes 

18 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

You'll all be fine. The line-up isn't stellar compared to recent years but that shouldn't stop a party.

This is Festival Republic, they are a massive company who put on some of Europe's biggest and most well-respected festivals. They have hundreds of thousands of customers each year so a few moans on social media will do little to garner their attention.

Without wishing to sound toooooo cheesy, the language they understand is cash. Therefore, my advice is keep your wallet in your pocket next year and wait for the line-up announcement. If it's crap, go elsewhere. Don't get suckered in to saving twenty quid by buying an early bird ticket - you are likely to drop a grand on the festival with tickets, flights, food, drink etc - a twenty quid saving is a drop in the ocean. 

The line up doesn’t bother me as such, it was just the hype and teasing they did around it, suckered plenty of people in and then it’s just been underwhelming, I’ve said before to my pals if this year wasn’t an anniversary and the line up was the same i wouldn’t be too bothered at all (minus Lana+vetusa), I just feel mugged off a little bit. But you’re right in money is the langue out there so for sure I’ll be waiting around for at least the first 2 headliners till I make a decision on going but in all honestly the way this years gone down with a large majority of customers they’ll need something special to make benicassim 2020 happen! 

Looking at the headliners and subs I think there is not that much difference from Benni to most Festivals going about. I am with most that I do not think it is great but with the 1975 and George Ezra Headlining some festivals and they are just Sub on the bill at Benni. I am still hoping for another few decent acts, but I am not sure they will be in the same bracket as the Wombats etc. I think I will return to Szieght next year, but their tickets are £400 so you can’t have it all ?

18 minutes ago, Bluemail said:

I haven’t been in two years and was raving about this festival to all my mates. Now a lot are going and I’m getting stick for selling a sham. I’m just hoping the campsite and other things around the place make up for the line up. 

Do we know yet what beer will be on offer. First year I went was desperadoes the year after was the carlsberg citrus stuff. I’m hoping for desperadoes 

ITs been desperados the last two years and they had their brand at the bottom of every line up poster but this year I haven’t seen it or anything suggesting it’s back! But there’s also no other beer brands on the “collaborators” bit so I’m assuming it may just be desperados again.....but with how things are going who knows, we might get there and find out there’s no booze on sale...it wouldn’t fucking surprise me this year ?

There's usually wee men cutting about selling heineken in the crowds.

55 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

the way this years gone down with a large majority of customers they’ll need something special to make benicassim 2020 happen! 

I think it must actually be selling fine, they don't seem to be pushing tickets at all on social media.

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I think it must actually be selling fine, they don't seem to be pushing tickets at all on social media.

They don’t seem to be pushing them but there’s also no buzz on social media about it, in the past searching benicassim on twitter brought up plenty of daily tweets of people booking/buzzing to get there...this years non existent. I know there’s ALWAYS those people who complain on every post a festival does but this year’s abuse they’ve been getting us daily....also, they’ve flogged tickets but there’s plenty on resell websites and plenty are deciding not to travel. Ticket money’s one thing but all the sponsors make their money from selling goods inside the festival. This year’s collaborators/sponsors is almost half compared to last year’s so shows businesses are slowly pulling out. Don’t get me wrong I love the festival and I don’t want to see anything bad happen to it but it’s been reported plenty of times in the local press out there that it’s not made much money as a festival since avoht 2012...I just hope the hype around the 25th anniversary compared to the headliners we got hasn’t done too much damage 

11 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I have no doubt we will all have a great time but it is not just 'a few moans on social media' is it. It is virtually every punter saying that the line up is poor. I have seen people selling tickets or saying they are not going to attend the festival when they get to Spain.  

If Festival Republic are so great at putting on festivals then they should know better than serve up this pile of tosh! I will be doing everything I can not to give the festival any more of my cash when I get there.

We won't be doing Beni next year that's for sure. Tramlines, Y Not or Kendal Calling next year.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DanWhite said:

I have no doubt we will all have a great time but it is not just 'a few moans on social media' is it. It is virtually every punter saying that the line up is poor. I have seen people selling tickets or saying they are not going to attend the festival when they get to Spain.  

If Festival Republic are so great at putting on festivals then they should know better than serve up this pile of tosh! I will be doing everything I can not to give the festival any more of my cash when I get there.

We won't be doing Beni next year that's for sure. Tramlines, Y Not or Kendal Calling next year.

That’s what worries me the most, the amount of tickets on sale and people taking the hit of €100 and just not attending at all! I’m honestly dreading what Thursday night is going to looking like, I want to see two acts so judging by set times me and my group say we’ll get as drunk as we can at the hotel, go in as late as possible and then leave straight after fat boy. We have the same attitude of you when it comes to not giving them money inside the festival, I can’t warrant €9 beers to stand and watch shite. 

32 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

That’s what worries me the most, the amount of tickets on sale and people taking the hit of €100 and just not attending at all! I’m honestly dreading what Thursday night is going to looking like, I want to see two acts so judging by set times me and my group say we’ll get as drunk as we can at the hotel, go in as late as possible and then leave straight after fat boy. We have the same attitude of you when it comes to not giving them money inside the festival, I can’t warrant €9 beers to stand and watch shite. 

It's not going to be an empty field I wouldn't be worried. If people have tickets and are in Beni they're obv gonna attend. Thursday is a bit bare I'll give you that but the rest of the days will be busy. As I say- it seems to be selling fine.

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

It's not going to be an empty field I wouldn't be worried. If people have tickets and are in Beni they're obv gonna attend. Thursday is a bit bare I'll give you that but the rest of the days will be busy. As I say- it seems to be selling fine.

I know it won’t be empty but it’s a fair old size at the main stage, there was times last year across the whole weekend when it felt empty though. Especially compared to 2017 when it was packed out, you need a fair amount of people in there to make it feel busy and I just think the Thursday this year isn’t going to be busy at all. I think the Friday for Lana will be packed as all the buzz around her has been massive and Saturday/Sunday are always busy due to more Spanish showing up for the weekend. 

1 hour ago, TipToes24 said:

We are staying in a Villa 15 mins walk away so I suspect that we will just dip in and out of the festival as and when we want. There really isn't that much I am looking forward to seeing apart from FBS and that is just for the old school dance tunes. I am sure there will be a few acts that I do see that I will really enjoy though.

It looks like Beni is doing what V Festival did a few years ago, changing from a Rock/Indie/Dance festival to a Pop festival. Going after the younger market. Good luck with that! 

1 hour ago, Mooncake79 said:

Vaccines recently leaked as Glastonbury opening act. Would love a late announcement that they are returning again this year! Doubtful I know but for me they could save the current shower of shit we’ve got!

*Crosses everything 

They were a highlight for me last year so would love to see them again, I just can’t believe it’s got to the point that we’re begging to see some of last year’s acts again ? 

Not expecting anymore semi-big names but I’m at peace with it now, just going to go and enjoy the week. I’m guessing the Thursday will be filled up with the 15 competition winners, that’ll get the numbers on par with the rest of the days.

30 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

They were a highlight for me last year so would love to see them again, I just can’t believe it’s got to the point that we’re begging to see some of last year’s acts again ? 

Mine too pal, made the weekend!

I’d take all of last years line up back again as a replacement and just re live it like Groundhog Day! I’d even stay and watch Travis Scot ?

1 hour ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Could be too optimistic but they responded very quickly to my message so I'm hoping we are getting an announcement very soon and with some alright names

Screenshot_20190531-193549.jpg

It’s got to be the next two weeks. Not holding out for much but atleast we will finally know the finished article 

3 hours ago, Clarky95 said:

Staying in Castellon at Sertotel Jaime I and plan on getting bus. Had a look online and it appears like most people are in Beni or Oropesa - is Castellon dead? Suppose I could just get train during day if it is

Had some mates that stayed in it a few years ago, think it’s quite a busy place regardless, but they were getting the train early on in the day to drink with us so not 100% sure.

• Upvote 1

5EB3D95A-C89B-48FA-BA06-F503DC63F736.thumb.jpeg.ab23bbd8f421cc38073a15c9479f04a3.jpegThis might not be anything but on the bottom is where the “collaborators” are and that’s usually where the desperados logo is. Last year there was 13 of these collaborators including visa, Spotify and puma and this year there’s 7. It might not mean anything but are they like sponsors? Does it mean they’ve had less budget? If that’s the case then they’ve done well to scrape the line up they have considering they’ve had 6 of these big companies drop out....or maybe I’m wrong about it all ??‍♂️ just an observation I made but like I said I’m unsure if these collaborators are sponsors or if they put up money 

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2019 at 7:40 PM, CharlieDaRapper said:

Could be too optimistic but they responded very quickly to my message so I'm hoping we are getting an announcement very soon and with some alright names

Screenshot_20190531-193549.jpg

Soon....the only word they know!

11 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

5EB3D95A-C89B-48FA-BA06-F503DC63F736.thumb.jpeg.ab23bbd8f421cc38073a15c9479f04a3.jpegThis might not be anything but on the bottom is where the “collaborators” are and that’s usually where the desperados logo is. Last year there was 13 of these collaborators including visa, Spotify and puma and this year there’s 7. It might not mean anything but are they like sponsors? Does it mean they’ve had less budget? If that’s the case then they’ve done well to scrape the line up they have considering they’ve had 6 of these big companies drop out....or maybe I’m wrong about it all ??‍♂️ just an observation I made but like I said I’m unsure if these collaborators are sponsors or if they put up money 

70278CA0-B2C6-4DFA-9D7D-C81238AA6BAF.png