Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

People of Facebook, I’m one of those sickos who refuses to have a Facebook profile, I only have twitter, in past years they’ve been pretty bang on with tweeting back to questions and queries when I’ve asked. But this year it’s been like getting blood out of a stone trying to get answers, they only seem to replying to people asking about day tickets, payment plans or lockers...all of which just put more money in their pockets, I was just wondering if they’ve been equally as awkward/ignorant on Facebook? I don’t know if they reply to many comments on there or if you can private message them on Facebook but the Ignorance this year is starting to rattle me ?

On Twitter the fib account keeps retweeting the same link and story about the new “start ups”. I’ve tried trusty google translate but it’s just very broken English as obviously some things don’t translate directly to English. Has anyone else seen this and been able to make any sense of it? They seem to be desperate for it to be seen so I’m unsure ifs it big/good news?

passed it on to an ex-pat living in Spain and he’s found a local to read it....turns out it’s absolutely nothing just a new music initiative that’s being launched. Woooohooooo

Edited by TipToes24

2 hours ago, Radioactive said:

So chemical brothers, white lies, strokes etc are playing in Barcelona the week before benny, have we got any chance of any of them joining our bill do we think? 

Chemical brothers would be a great booking for after one of the headliners, but I think they would’ve been announced by now 

In the years of going to benicassim I’ve never looked at the prices of the day tickets, its pretty obvious Thursday is going to be the mainstage and maybe south beach as well? But the day tickets are only like €5 cheaper atm on the website, is this normal? Or maybe next announcement (which I’m fucking dreading) they’re just going to cram all the filler into the Thursday night? 

15 hours ago, LoveGaloree said:

Any more announcements to come?

I doubt there will be anyone of note to add any more, we’ll get about 30/40 more acts I think and all will Be filler bands/DJs, after the disaster of the last announcement only having two acts I think they’ve made their money and splashing out on any big names will just be money wasted, as being so close to the festival now i doubt many more internationals will try planning a trip so late with hotel/flight prices. But I’ve been wrong before so I hope they prove me wrong and pull something out their arse 

31 minutes ago, JoshuaSimmonds said:

met slowthai after a gig this week and asked him whether he was playing beni, he said nah then he was like i might be, he was stoned though so what shall we make of this? probably can't say but him on the line up would make the weekend for me

Plenty of acts say they are playing and never end up being there, I mean he could Be and he’s just let the cat out the bag but over the years plenty of acts have said to fans after gigs they’ll be there. 

On 5/19/2019 at 9:39 PM, TipToes24 said:

People of Facebook, I’m one of those sickos who refuses to have a Facebook profile, I only have twitter, in past years they’ve been pretty bang on with tweeting back to questions and queries when I’ve asked. But this year it’s been like getting blood out of a stone trying to get answers, they only seem to replying to people asking about day tickets, payment plans or lockers...all of which just put more money in their pockets, I was just wondering if they’ve been equally as awkward/ignorant on Facebook? I don’t know if they reply to many comments on there or if you can private message them on Facebook but the Ignorance this year is starting to rattle me ?

I’ve pm’d them quite a few times and this year they are ignoring them 

in previous years they have answered back even if it was only a standard “soon” 

• Upvote 1

Anyone hoping on a late late May announcement? The last lot of acts last year were announced on the 31/5 so maybe just maybe they’ll give us a hefty announcement? Being 20 acts behind and only 6 acts for thursday surely something’s coming soon? And maybe....just maybe we might get some last ditch mediocre acts threw in there 

On 5/26/2019 at 8:36 PM, shaun64 said:

I’ve pm’d them quite a few times and this year they are ignoring them 

in previous years they have answered back even if it was only a standard “soon” 

On 5/28/2019 at 6:30 PM, TipToes24 said:

Anyone hoping on a late late May announcement? The last lot of acts last year were announced on the 31/5 so maybe just maybe they’ll give us a hefty announcement? Being 20 acts behind and only 6 acts for thursday surely something’s coming soon? And maybe....just maybe we might get some last ditch mediocre acts threw in there 

So last hope for acts.

I'm going with 

Sundara Karma

The Wombats

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes

Royal Blood

Slowthai

20 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

I keep swinging between , fuck it , it’s a party anyway and what the fuck have they done !!!!!!!!

I’m firmly in the what the fuck have they done crowd! Scandalous what they did with teasing big headliners and a massive event and they’ve sold everyone short. Kings of Leon are good but haven’t released anything in 3 years, fatboy slim will bring a party on a night where there’s 6 acts and the other two headliners I can’t even talk about as I get wound up ? 

19 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

So last hope for acts.

I'm going with 

Sundara Karma

The Wombats

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes

Royal Blood

Slowthai

Royal blood and the wombats would be a dream! But this time last year we had the whole line up and with no signs of even teasing the next announcement I just hope it’s not too late to expect any one of note 

41 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

Fyre fest alert ?

8 out of the 12 I’m going with have said this haha. I’m starting to worry what I’m about to walk into this year compared to the other years I’ve been. If we’re going off the organisation of the social media this year I feel like we’re doomed ?

• Upvote 1