Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

2 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

If anyone’s interested, 52 names announced compared to 74 at this time last year. Maybe struggling to actually pull a line up together?

You should also count in about 10-15 local bands which will be chosen to play the festival through the contest with local radio station this Monday.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

If anyone’s interested, 52 names announced compared to 74 at this time last year. Maybe struggling to actually pull a line up together?

Smacks of a serious shortage of €€€'s, which has been reported in the Spanish press over the past 9 months, and all on the back of the festival folding due to further financial problems around 5 years ago, before Melvin Benn bailed out his old mate Vince Power.  Definitely the crappiest line up over the 8 years I've been going.  Will also be the last time I buy early birds and book hotel/flights, in advance of seeing what the line up is (if there are any future FIB's after this). 

10 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Smacks of a serious shortage of €€€'s, which has been reported in the Spanish press over the past 9 months, and all on the back of the festival folding due to further financial problems around 5 years ago, before Melvin Benn bailed out his old mate Vince Power.  Definitely the crappiest line up over the 8 years I've been going.  Will also be the last time I buy early birds and book hotel/flights, in advance of seeing what the line up is (if there are any future FIB's after this). 

I’ve just said the same thing to my mates, last time we buy tickets without seeing a good chunk of the lineup. There was a point where you could buy early bird tickets knowing there would be plenty to go and see, those days are long gone. Will be interesting to see what sort of numbers will be there.

9 minutes ago, andytommo said:

My thoughts exactly , my 10th and my last . If I could get my flight , apartment and ticket money back I would , in a heartbeat . But I can’t so fuck it , let’s get drunk in the sun and make the best of it we can , see you down the front , i’m guessing  there will be plenty of room .

• Upvote 1

Now it’s the wait for set times, that’s what worries me, last year they seemed to put acts on early and dead late to keep people in there, I remember catfish being on criminally early but thinking maybe they had somewhere else to be, but then the lead singer came out and sung “read my mind” with the killers so that blew that theory out the water! And I remember chance and status being on rather late compared to what you’d expect! With the way it’s looking this year I think they’ll pull similar stunts to try and get people spending in there! Friday has big potential for clashes as there’s no way they’ll put anyone on half decent to clash with Lana as she’d of been big money to book and they’ve hyped her the most out of any act! So with the 1975, hunna, gorgon city, Gerry cinnamon and krept and konan I think two of them 5 will get short straws set time wise! But we can only wait till July to find out, but the way it’s been organised/sold this year I’m sure they’ll balls it up in spectacular fashion 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Now it’s the wait for set times, that’s what worries me, last year they seemed to put acts on early and dead late to keep people in there, I remember catfish being on criminally early but thinking maybe they had somewhere else to be, but then the lead singer came out and sung “read my mind” with the killers so that blew that theory out the water! And I remember chance and status being on rather late compared to what you’d expect! With the way it’s looking this year I think they’ll pull similar stunts to try and get people spending in there! Friday has big potential for clashes as there’s no way they’ll put anyone on half decent to clash with Lana as she’d of been big money to book and they’ve hyped her the most out of any act! So with the 1975, hunna, gorgon city, Gerry cinnamon and krept and konan I think two of them 5 will get short straws set time wise! But we can only wait till July to find out, but the way it’s been organised/sold this year I’m sure they’ll balls it up in spectacular fashion 

You're right.  I'm sure they will put some of the guitar bands on too early to get the British drinkers in.  I wouldn't be surprised it Gerry, Fontaines, Sea Girls, Blossoms were all on around 8/9pm whereas they'd all be suited to later slots.

18 minutes ago, HappyWednesday said:

You're right.  I'm sure they will put some of the guitar bands on too early to get the British drinkers in.  I wouldn't be surprised it Gerry, Fontaines, Sea Girls, Blossoms were all on around 8/9pm whereas they'd all be suited to later slots.

Yeah I can see Gerry and sea girls being shafted which will be a shame as they’ll deserve better! But hopefully they prove us all wrong for once instead of proving us right all long for how shoddy it will be! 

Just been snooping around, I know there’s enough reasons to be worried looking at Thursday. But the chap called novio caballo has 2 songs on Spotify and 1,084 listeners, I mean, he’s doing better than me music wise but I think he’s been shafted there, playing on the quietest night, no doubt be the opening set for the weekend I can’t see hiM playing to many at all! Mind you it depends when they start the music on Thursday as atm we have about 8 hours and that’s if fat boy does 2 hours and Marina and action have extended sets as well.  

• Upvote 1

I would suggest you to see Hot Dub Time Machine on Sunday if there is not a conflict during his slot. I saw him at Coachella in 2015 and he mixes old popular songs by showing their music video. It was a really nice party scene before we saw the big acts that day.

https://fiberfib.com/en/artist/5c94b9e2a5d85

https://youtu.be/UuZOSFJOUqI

Edited by birchtree29

Realistically, when’s everyone’s estimate on the next announcement? Considering the last one only had two acts and we’re about 20 down from this time last year. Maybe damage control? Or are we to take it they’ll just cut their losses this year and we’ll get the usual 30 odd filler bands who have about 300 followers on twitter in early June? 

2 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

Realistically, when’s everyone’s estimate on the next announcement? Considering the last one only had two acts and we’re about 20 down from this time last year. Maybe damage control? Or are we to take it they’ll just cut their losses this year and we’ll get the usual 30 odd filler bands who have about 300 followers on twitter in early June? 

Could name 20 half decent bands they could book, but they won’t have. Zero faith in them delivering. Expect more filler shite to be adding over the next 8 weeks or so.

26 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Could name 20 half decent bands they could book, but they won’t have. Zero faith in them delivering. Expect more filler shite to be adding over the next 8 weeks or so.

Yeah zero faith here either. Just a shame it’s at the point where we’ve got our fingers crossed waiting for semi decent acts now! I’m just getting nervous about crowd sizes as the Thursday feels like there will be about 5,000 people stood in a car park in Spain all looking at eachother wondering when this 25th anniversary party will start! 

1 hour ago, TipToes24 said:

Yeah zero faith here either. Just a shame it’s at the point where we’ve got our fingers crossed waiting for semi decent acts now! I’m just getting nervous about crowd sizes as the Thursday feels like there will be about 5,000 people stood in a car park in Spain all looking at eachother wondering when this 25th anniversary party will start! 

There will still probably be 25/30k each night, large numbers travel from UK/Ireland regardless, then however many Spanish the lineup appeals to, they don’t seem to be pushing tickets much so they might be happy with sales. The lineups disappointing to say the least, but as has been said before, I’ll have a belter of a week regardless of who’s on the stage.

6 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

There will still probably be 25/30k each night, large numbers travel from UK/Ireland regardless, then however many Spanish the lineup appeals to, they don’t seem to be pushing tickets much so they might be happy with sales. The lineups disappointing to say the least, but as has been said before, I’ll have a belter of a week regardless of who’s on the stage.

Yeah the not promoting tickets is a strange one, but at the same time they aren’t promoting anything other than Lana, I mean of late I can’t remember any tweets/retweets of anything other than Lana and her fans ? which tells me Friday night will be busy as the Spanish are going mad for her. It’s just the Thursday I’m worried about. We’re a group of 12 and 4 have said they’re only going in for fat boy slim and then leaving as they aren’t gunna spend the €9 a beer to watch acts they have no interest in. I mean, they have a point and I don’t know if that will be a common attitude amongst some other fans. Also, with the amount of tickets in resell websites and I’ve read a few saying they’ve only got early bird tickets sonteyre just gunna no go and take the €95 hit to save them spending more tells me even with the numbers they’ve sold aren’t a true reflection on who’s going to be there! But talk, much like the tickets is cheap so maybe everyone’s just acting up due to the disappointment? As long as there’s cheap sangria and the kebab stall again I might just spend my time at the back drinking myself to oblivion whilst attempting to dance 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

Yeah the not promoting tickets is a strange one, but at the same time they aren’t promoting anything other than Lana, I mean of late I can’t remember any tweets/retweets of anything other than Lana and her fans ? which tells me Friday night will be busy as the Spanish are going mad for her. It’s just the Thursday I’m worried about. We’re a group of 12 and 4 have said they’re only going in for fat boy slim and then leaving as they aren’t gunna spend the €9 a beer to watch acts they have no interest in. I mean, they have a point and I don’t know if that will be a common attitude amongst some other fans. Also, with the amount of tickets in resell websites and I’ve read a few saying they’ve only got early bird tickets sonteyre just gunna no go and take the €95 hit to save them spending more tells me even with the numbers they’ve sold aren’t a true reflection on who’s going to be there! But talk, much like the tickets is cheap so maybe everyone’s just acting up due to the disappointment? As long as there’s cheap sangria and the kebab stall again I might just spend my time at the back drinking myself to oblivion whilst attempting to dance 

How much is sangria? White and red? ??

I know it’s been a few days since the last pile of shit was dropped on us but I genuinely can’t believe they said “more surprises” and then dropped two acts on us! First I was mad but now I find it fucking hilarious. I can’t believe I actually had faith in them ?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Then, are camelbacks allowed??? That's fantastic news!! And can we find sangria on the festival area? 

Nah, inside the arena it’s Heineken/Desperados/Wine/Spirits, to be fair to them, it’s €9 a spirit but the measures would knock a horse out