Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

22 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

52 announced so far, so about half way there. 

There was an announcement about the 9th of May last year, but can’t see us getting anything again that soon.

Halfway there....optimistic to think we'll get 100 acts seeing as they can't announce more than 5 decent acts.

Embarrassing.

1 hour ago, TomTomiscrying said:

Halfway there....optimistic to think we'll get 100 acts seeing as they can't announce more than 5 decent acts.

Embarrassing.

Oh we’ll get just over 100 acts, but about 95 of them will be filler shite. Have no faith in them to pull it out the bag.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:30 PM, JoshuaSimmonds said:

Have we considered Carly Rae Jepsen? She's releasing an album with a circuit rumoured to start for July. Emotion is one of the best pop albums of the decade and think her set in the sun would be gorgeous. 

Not the worst shout in the world but was always gonna get shot down by the Dark Fruits Neighbourhood/Beni brigade.

If it's not Gerry Cinnamon/Courteeners/Catfish or the like, they probably don't wanna hear it.

• Upvote 1

There’s some brilliant acts further down the line up such as Peaness, Mavi Phoenix, Sea Girls, The Big Moon, The Blinders.. apart from The 1975 there are no big acts that i’m super excited for but the smaller acts are buttering me up, Peaness especially they’re exceptional! i’ve lowered my expectations now for future announcements (although i do think there’s still room for some big late night dance acts) but i’m still hoping for the likes of Pale Waves (who are playing Latitude that weekend) and Jade Bird (not sure what she’s up to around the time but she’s active this summer)

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

Not the worst shout in the world but was always gonna get shot down by the Dark Fruits Neighbourhood/Beni brigade.

If it's not Gerry Cinnamon/Courteeners/Catfish or the like, they probably don't wanna hear it.

Not that at all pal. Seen some excellent acts outside that genre last year - J Hus, Travis Scott, Friend Within, Hayden James etc.

She’s just shite.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LeeJamie23 said:

Not that at all pal. Seen some excellent acts outside that genre last year - J Hus, Travis Scott, Friend Within, Hayden James etc.

She’s just shite.

Very very much agree. There are brilliant acts out there outside of the alt/indie rock genre, just a shame beni haven't signed many of them up for this year. 

1 hour ago, OFWGKTA said:

There’s some brilliant acts further down the line up such as Peaness, Mavi Phoenix, Sea Girls, The Big Moon, The Blinders.. apart from The 1975 there are no big acts that i’m super excited for but the smaller acts are buttering me up, Peaness especially they’re exceptional! i’ve lowered my expectations now for future announcements (although i do think there’s still room for some big late night dance acts) but i’m still hoping for the likes of Pale Waves (who are playing Latitude that weekend) and Jade Bird (not sure what she’s up to around the time but she’s active this summer)

Need to check some of the smaller acts to make this worth the cash. 

They know it’s a shambles as the last two announcements (Spanish band and one just dropped) they didn’t do their usual 24 hour coundown to it, they know teasing and trying to hype will only make the receptions worse. Last year chase and status weren’t announced until May so there’s a very slim chance they can pull one or two late one out their arse but I doubt it. There’s a act booker on twitter and you read through his tweets and he’s trying to defend some decisions and it’s a painful read. Judging by social media buzz and how many tickets are in resale sites I think it’s gunna be a record low this year, maybe the last one? It’s well known it’s struggled to make money in recent years and this could have been last throw of the dice and they’ve all but blew it. Sad to see but just have to make the most of what’s there. South beach will be busy, only problem is with that is I’ve paid extortionate hotel and flight prices to basically stand in a outdoor club with no big names paying €9 a beer, i mares well have just gone Benidorm ? it’s all fun and games though

46 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

They know it’s a shambles as the last two announcements (Spanish band and one just dropped) they didn’t do their usual 24 hour coundown to it, they know teasing and trying to hype will only make the receptions worse. Last year chase and status weren’t announced until May so there’s a very slim chance they can pull one or two late one out their arse but I doubt it. There’s a act booker on twitter and you read through his tweets and he’s trying to defend some decisions and it’s a painful read. Judging by social media buzz and how many tickets are in resale sites I think it’s gunna be a record low this year, maybe the last one? It’s well known it’s struggled to make money in recent years and this could have been last throw of the dice and they’ve all but blew it. Sad to see but just have to make the most of what’s there. South beach will be busy, only problem is with that is I’ve paid extortionate hotel and flight prices to basically stand in a outdoor club with no big names paying €9 a beer, i mares well have just gone Benidorm ? it’s all fun and games though

It’ll still be a cracking weekend regardless, it always is. Don’t think this will be the end of the festival, but they might have to scale back on the size of acts for next year. But then again, they don’t seem to be really pushing ticket sales, so they might be quite happy with what they’ve sold.

12 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

It’ll still be a cracking weekend regardless, it always is. Don’t think this will be the end of the festival, but they might have to scale back on the size of acts for next year. But then again, they don’t seem to be really pushing ticket sales, so they might be quite happy with what they’ve sold.

Oh yeah it always is a great time, I love it there, it’s a sun holiday with live music thrown in at nights! It’s a great party just a shame about the way we were promised big things and then I don’t think they’ve delivered compared to other festivals across Europe, but again budget comes into the picture as well. I know hotels are all but sold out looking at booking.com but last year’s crowd was down a lot on 2017 and this line up isn’t attracting as much attention as 2018s. Only way is see when we’re here but crowds or no crowds there’s booze to be drank and DJs to be listened to.

11 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Oh yeah it always is a great time, I love it there, it’s a sun holiday with live music thrown in at nights! It’s a great party just a shame about the way we were promised big things and then I don’t think they’ve delivered compared to other festivals across Europe, but again budget comes into the picture as well. I know hotels are all but sold out looking at booking.com but last year’s crowd was down a lot on 2017 and this line up isn’t attracting as much attention as 2018s. Only way is see when we’re here but crowds or no crowds there’s booze to be drank and DJs to be listened to.

I know budget is an issue compared to the bigger European festivals, but the acts they’ve booked this year wouldn’t have been cheap. LDR and KOL both Spanish exclusives, and I highly doubt the 1975 or Ezra were cheap, I just think they’ve spent the budget poorly. There will still be a good crowd, simply because a lot of hotels and flights aren’t refundable. Quite a frightening difference between this lineup and 2017’s, don’t think I appreciated how good that was.

1 hour ago, TipToes24 said:

What’s this act booker’s @? Wouldn’t mind giving it a read.

Get rid of the hotel mate. Campsite’s where it’s at! Brutal conditions but a proper laugh

8 minutes ago, LeeJamie23 said:

What’s this act booker’s @? Wouldn’t mind giving it a read.

Get rid of the hotel mate. Campsite’s where it’s at! Brutal conditions but a proper laugh

His twitter is @ joanvich you have to go to the “tweets and replies” bit and down to the 12/03/2019 someone called fran has tweeted him asking about headliners and the convo goes on from there. It’s a lot of translating and twitter does a good enough job translating to understand. He basically says that vetusta band are worthy headliners for odd reasons. I camped in 2017, vowed never to do it ever again haha, hoteled it last year and the air con saved my life so I won’t be returning to the camp site unless there’s very good reason to ?

I booked up for this before Xmas last year going off of my previous visits back in 2015 & 2016. Unfortunately couldn’t make the last 2 due to work but Im a tad disappointed in the line up this year compared to previous. I know it’ll still be a good time just hoping they pull it back with one or two decent names

Hi everyone, I’m going to the festival again this year but this time flying to Barcelona El Prat for the first time, anybody ever gone from El Prat to Benicassim before? If so does anybody have any ideas of the best way to get there?? Flights back is at 10:15 so would probably need to leave in the middle of the night? Thanks 

1 hour ago, McG00 said:

Hi everyone, I’m going to the festival again this year but this time flying to Barcelona El Prat for the first time, anybody ever gone from El Prat to Benicassim before? If so does anybody have any ideas of the best way to get there?? Flights back is at 10:15 so would probably need to leave in the middle of the night? Thanks 

El prat to beni’s easy, just get the metro from the airport to Barcelona Sants, then the train from there to beni. Don’t think you’ll get a train at that time going home though, you’ll probably need to get one of the buses that run, but they drop you off at the airport so you should be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonesy1 said:

El prat to beni’s easy, just get the metro from the airport to Barcelona Sants, then the train from there to beni. Don’t think you’ll get a train at that time going home though, you’ll probably need to get one of the buses that run, but they drop you off at the airport so you should be fine.

Thank you ??

18 hours ago, LeeJamie23 said:

She’s just shite.

Fair dos. But if I had to put money on it then I'd say at least 95% of the people slagging the suggestion off have only heard Call Me Maybe.

I sparsely visit this thread but on the each of the occasions I've taken a look I've seen good bookings like The 1975 and potentially A$AP Rocky/Tyler The Creator get panned. The Travis Scott booking was taking a hammering in last year's Beni thread too. That's what I was basing my comment on.

13 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

His twitter is @ joanvich you have to go to the “tweets and replies” bit and down to the 12/03/2019 someone called fran has tweeted him asking about headliners and the convo goes on from there. It’s a lot of translating and twitter does a good enough job translating to understand. He basically says that vetusta band are worthy headliners for odd reasons. I camped in 2017, vowed never to do it ever again haha, hoteled it last year and the air con saved my life so I won’t be returning to the camp site unless there’s very good reason to ?

Cheers Pal. 

Seems this this guy is convinced Vetusta Morla are like the Spanish Beatles - and “Un Dia En el Mundo” is the Spanish Sgt Pepper.

I’m still gonna give them a watch tbh. See what all the fuss is about, and if it’s crap after 10mins I’ll just go South Beach or the bar

Edited by LeeJamie23

1 hour ago, LeeJamie23 said:

Cheers Pal. 

Seems this this guy is convinced Vetusta Morla are like the Spanish Beatles - and “Un Dia En el Mundo” is the Spanish Sgt Pepper.

I’m still gonna give them a watch tbh. See what all the fuss is about, and if it’s crap after 10mins I’ll just go South Beach or the bar

Odd that he was basing they are headliners off the fact they sold 38,000 for a show once, at €28 a ticket as well, the reasoning sounded like such a reach...especially when courteeners have just sold 50,000 for Heaton Park. But they’re headlining and that’s final, my Spanish isn’t so good so I’ll swerve them and just hope there’s a nice little clash on that night to keep me dancing. 

• Like 1

Just sold my ticket! What a relief and weight off my shoulders. I've been kidding myself trying to tell myself that it would be a fun week regardless of the terrible lineup, but that simply isn't true. FIB have lost our trust, after promising such big things for the 25th anniversary.Instead, they used it as an opportunity to rope in everyone money and put up a relatively mediocre and narrow-genres lineup. Really disappointing as i had so much fun last year.

To all those saying  to treat benicassim as a beach holiday, rather than a traditional music festival, i do agree. But in this case, the lineup is just too poor to justify investing in flights, accommodation, transfers, expensive drinks and food inside the festival etc. As i said, i really am quite sad with how things have ended up. But on the plus side have saved about 300 quid which i can spend to go to another festival. Just look at something like primavera sound's lineup. It just blows FIB out the water with the calibre they've got. Not to mention some of the english festivals this year!

• Downvote 1

I know it’s all guess work in here, but is Anyone remain hopeful of an earlyish May announcement? Last year it was the 9th I think we got chase and status and a few other alright acts, I know it’s too late in the game for big names but surely they need a new announcement with day splits as they’ll be missing out on the money from people just coming for one night like a lot of the locals do. I’m just hoping for some good live dance acts, DJs are good but when that are live like gorgon city are it adds an extra element of entertainment! 

Also, I find it odd how there’s not an urban type headliner this year...I know last year Travis Scott was one of the most expensive acts There and I left whilst he was on, as I went over the bridge back to the hotel the mainstage was about 1/3 full max, I know Thursdays are quieter but maybe they don’t want to risk another act like it? 

Edited by TipToes24