Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

Libertines have just announced a UK gig two weeks after Beni, and with Carl Barat already in Benicassim for one of the propaganda nights then surely it would make sense for FIB to try and book them? They could easily add them onto the Vetusta Morla night and bill them as joint headliners? 

Adding the Libertines would surely improve the general negative attitude towards the lineup. 

10 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Libertines have just announced a UK gig two weeks after Beni, and with Carl Barat already in Benicassim for one of the propaganda nights then surely it would make sense for FIB to try and book them? They could easily add them onto the Vetusta Morla night and bill them as joint headliners? 

Adding the Libertines would surely improve the general negative attitude towards the lineup. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they get added. Hoping for some decent DJ's to get announced, Camelphat and Disclosure (DJ) wouldn't surprise me.

Also would expect Don Broco to be added with them around at the time, would be a brilliant addition. 

Pete Doherty’s playing a UK fest on the Friday and Amsterdam on the Sunday, so I’d say that pretty much rules the libertines out, unless they do the Thursday, which is the night after Carl’s DJ set, but think it’s unlikely.

I’ve got a feeling disclosure will definitely get announced.

4 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they get added. Hoping for some decent DJ's to get announced, Camelphat and Disclosure (DJ) wouldn't surprise me.

Also would expect Don Broco to be added with them around at the time, would be a brilliant addition. 

I've been going since 2012 and i cant remember off the top of my head any band of the Libertines stature being added this late on (besides 2014, but that was a strange year). Unfortunately i doubt we will be getting anymore notable acts this year.

21 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I've been going since 2012 and i cant remember off the top of my head any band of the Libertines stature being added this late on (besides 2014, but that was a strange year). Unfortunately i doubt we will be getting anymore notable acts this year.

Noticed last year they added Prydz and C&S late on, so wouldn't be surprised to get a decent DJ name.

Probs right about the Libs - was just wishful thinking. 

Reckon there is any chance that Beni may be holding off any announcements until the Glastonbury resale is out of the way? Never really crossed my mind before, but this year a few of my group who haven't got Glastonbury tickets have said they will come to Benicassim if they arent lucky in the resale...

what are people’s thoughts on Hot Chip being announced? they’re playing two festivals in spain (Vida on July 4th and BBK on July 13th) as well as NOS Alive in Portugal on July 11th.. they’re playing Blue Dot in England on July 19th but will be in France on July 21st so could play the Friday (18th) or Saturday (20th)

33 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Reckon there is any chance that Beni may be holding off any announcements until the Glastonbury resale is out of the way? Never really crossed my mind before, but this year a few of my group who haven't got Glastonbury tickets have said they will come to Benicassim if they arent lucky in the resale...

Na, I think you're clutching I'm afraid.  They need to shift tickets, and soon, but I think they are working hard behind the scenes to pull in some decent acts to kick-start late ticket sales, after the awful reaction to recent announcements.  They've got some work to do though, to get it anywhere close to recent years, especially with the big things promised for the 25th edition!   Time is running out for them now.  Could be the worst line up ever, and the end of the festival as we know it, unless they make some serious announcements, incl. a joint headliner for both Thu & Sun nights, and some serious (after headliner) late night Dance/Electronic sets on Fri/Sat. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

what are people’s thoughts on Hot Chip being announced? they’re playing two festivals in spain (Vida on July 4th and BBK on July 13th) as well as NOS Alive in Portugal on July 11th.. they’re playing Blue Dot in England on July 19th but will be in France on July 21st so could play the Friday (18th) or Saturday (20th)

I'd say extremely unlikely, especially if they're in Spain/Portugal the weekend before FIB, and in Cheshire/France on 19th and 21st.  It's a shame, as I'd like to see Hot Chip at Beni.  Loyle Carner and DMA's are still a possibility though, and that would be 2 acts who I'd be happy to play this year.

Edited by andytommo

9 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Na, I think you're clutching I'm afraid.  They need to shift tickets, and soon, but I think they are working hard behind the scenes to pull in some decent acts to kick-start late ticket sales, after the awful reaction to recent announcements.  They've got some work to do though, to get it anywhere close to recent years, especially with the big things promised for the 25th edition!   Time is running out for them now.  Could be the worst line up ever, and the end of the festival as we know it, unless they make some serious announcements, incl. a joint headliner for both Thu & Sun nights, and some serious (after headliner) late night Dance/Electronic sets on Fri/Sat. 

I honestly cant see them announcing anyone this late of any notability. Announcing any big names this late on is surely a risk as most people who go to Beni would have surely made their minds up by now. Splashing the big bucks now on a big name when its probably not going to make much of a difference to ticket sales would be daft IMO. I personally think they will make a measly final announcement and just happily concede that this year has been a shambles. 

7 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I honestly cant see them announcing anyone this late of any notability. Announcing any big names this late on is surely a risk as most people who go to Beni would have surely made their minds up by now. Splashing the big bucks now on a big name when its probably not going to make much of a difference to ticket sales would be daft IMO. I personally think they will make a measly final announcement and just happily concede that this year has been a shambles. 

They announced Biffy Clyro and Years & Years exactly two years ago for 2017 edition, I think they are relatively big. Fingers crossed for some good names tomorrow or on Friday.

31 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I was wondering where it said that big things were being promised for the 25th edition of the festival?
I promised the people I'm going with big things and are greatly disappointed at the moment!

Edited by MaxHud

11 minutes ago, Differ16 said:

Looks like royal blood are active in Europe the week after fib 

not sure on their size in spain but based on them not headlining Reading & Leeds this year would it be safe to assume they’d probably play a late night slot after the headliner like Biffy did a few years ago?

Edited by OFWGKTA

I was at Richard Ashcroft on Tuesday and he was really good and he would be a good add to the bill. He has added a festival in Newcastle the weekend before so  could be in with a shout. I am still hopeful for another few big names soon. I think tomorrow or next week and we should know most then names.  Fingers crossed for DMA's, Wombats and a few others. I see Bannaramma have been added for Glasto, they may have them as a 80s/90s band :)