The streets

Dave

Dermot kennedy

Foals

Dean lewis

Tame impala

Chance the rapper

Screenshot_20190402-223933_Instagram.jpg

Controversial comment but I am not fussed about any of those and quite thankful chance the rapper isn't there! They must be getting quite nervous as I imagine most acts will have been booked and as days pass less and less availability out there! 

36 minutes ago, Dukey said:

I'm assuming we'll get something next week? Feels like there is still loads to be added. 

With what’s on offer right now I can’t see any individual day being worth over 50 euros apart from whatever day Kings of Leon are on. 

Hoping for a big announcement next week 

52 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

It wasn't an announcement, it's just an instagram story with FBS song and "Friday" sticker - because today is Friday. 
He'll probably play Thursday, Friday is for Lana, Saturday - KOL, Sunday - Vetusta Morla.

Oh well, if Vetusta Morla are late on Sunday night, least I'll get sleep before my 7am coach to Barcelona airport

Fat Fat boyt

2 hours ago, HappyWednesday said:

On FBS's website he has the date down as Friday 18th, though I agree it was said he was the Thursday night headliner a while back.

It says Thursday the 18th, Fat Boy Slim Thursday, Lana Friday, kol Saturday and God knows what I will watch on Sunday. Hopefully a decent second act. 

FatVenue: Carretera Nacion

8 hours ago, Dukey said:

Oh well, if Vetusta Morla are late on Sunday night, least I'll get sleep before my 7am coach to Barcelona airport

Sleep? On the last night, before your 7am coach???  Get away!!!  There'll be a decent electronic act on the main stage, after VM, from about 3am-4am closing the festival out, and then other stuff still going on until 6.30am, so whilst VM are on, just head to another stage, and stay out enjoying the last night until the coach arrives!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What realistically can we expect to be announced now? I'm still holding out for acts like DMA's, Sam Fender, The Amazons, Sundara Karma etc. 

On 4/5/2019 at 9:52 PM, andytommo said:

Sleep? On the last night, before your 7am coach???  Get away!!!  There'll be a decent electronic act on the main stage, after VM, from about 3am-4am closing the festival out, and then other stuff still going on until 6.30am, so whilst VM are on, just head to another stage, and stay out enjoying the last night until the coach arrives!!!

Fair assessment 

• Upvote 1

Seeing as it’s been a bit quiet in here recently and we haven’t had an announcement in a while i thought we could all name three realistic acts that we’re hoping to be added to the lineup:

SWMRS: love this band! after seeing them at Leeds last year i thought they were phenomenal and their most recent album has some great songs on it, i would recommend ‘Lose Lose Lose’ to anybody that hasn’t heard it yet, they’re currently supporting Muse on their US tour and will be over in Europe around the right time playing shows in Czechia (4th July) and Ukraine (16th July) so could make their journey over to spain for a slot in on any of the days but most likely Saturday/Sunday

Tame Impala: it’s hard to predict who the bookers over at FIB consider headliner status considering The 1975 aren’t yet Vetusta Morla are so Tame Impala could be in for a shot at being added to the line up as a potential sub, Kevin Parker is a phenomenal musician even if his live shows are rumoured to be a tad lacklustre. I’m not the biggest fan of the current line up but an act like Tame Impala would drag it out of the mud for me

Biffy Clyro: another act that could easily headline but hasn’t in previous years, they have two upcoming albums this year and are playing festivals that already share acts with Beni such as IOW, they’re in France playing at Lolla Paris a few days before so are only a short journey away, i’m hoping they’ll be added as a sub or potential coheadliner for Vetusta Morla

honorable mention to The Snuts who seem to be playing so many festivals around the UK this summer (not sure if they’ve got any international dates though)

Edited by OFWGKTA

8 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

Tame Impala: it’s hard to predict who the bookers over at FIB consider headliner status considering The 1975 aren’t yet Vetusta Morla are so Tame Impala could be in for a shot at being added to the line up as a potential sub, Kevin Parker is a phenomenal musician even if his live shows are rumoured to be a tad lacklustre. I’m not the biggest fan of the current line up but an act like Tame Impala would drag it out of the mud for me

They're in Australia that weekend I'm afraid. Couldn't see them subbing Beni these days anyway though when you consider their other dates and their current stature. Live show is fantastic, one of the highlights of Mad Cool last year and can't wait to see them again at Glastonbury.

8 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

honorable mention to The Snuts who seem to be playing so many festivals around the UK this summer (not sure if they’ve got any international dates though)

They're at Mad Cool at least. 

17 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

They played late night slot after RHCP two years ago.

no music since then either, with the two new albums coming out i’m sure they’ll have a resurgence in popularity but i’m not sure how big they are in spain but with their previous placements i’m lead to believe they’re not, they’re also on the third line of the poster for Lolla Paris

considering there’s a few acts shared with IOW festival i took it upon myself to have a look at all the bigger and more likely acts touring schedules to see who was about at the time of Beni:

Noel Gallagher: can’t see them placing him in any slot lower than his brother last year so he seems very unlikely to be announced but will be down the road at Mad Cool a few days before 

Biffy Clyro: see previous post’s

Courteeners: not sure if they’re playing anywhere outside of the UK this year so seem unlikely but we know that they’re active, they’re a good ol’ dark fruits band that will get the lads back on board with the line up and would be a great booking imo

Garbage: they’re playing in Ireland on the 18th so they’re not too far away but that’s their last date of the touring cycle i believe 

Keane: we’ve discussed the possibility of this band in the thread previously, they’re in valencia around the right time but are supposedly an exclusive?

Cage The Elephant: in America that weekend unfortunately

Jax Jones: him and Martin Solveig are both around europe at the right time, with Solveig playing Lolla Paris that weekend, i can see them bringing Europa (their new collaboration) to Beni for an outstanding late night DJ slot

Sigala: around in the UK at the time but no signs of him playing anywhere else in Europe until mid-august, a gap in his schedule could be filled out with a few dates around spain though

Miles Kane: a line-up saviour for me, would love to see him under the spanish sun singing my heart out, he’s playing in spain at Mad Cool but has shows in the UK starting on the Friday of Beni, so would only really be able to play the Thursday

Picture This: big gap in their schedule between June and October which i can’t see being filled out this late on in announcements so they seem unlikely to me

Sam Fender: playing TRNSMT festival on the weekend prior to Benicassim which we also share acts with so can see him being a strong possibility

Dermot Kennedy: occupied at Splendour

The Coral: gap in their schedule from 7th July - 1st August so there’s room for Beni to fit in but their shows seem to all be in UK

IDLES: they’re playing in Beni on the Wednesday iirc so they’ll most likely slot in somewhere on the main poster

Mystery Jets: they’re not playing any shows outside of the UK this summer and have dates on the 14th at TRNSMT and 25th at Kendal so cant see them coming out to Spain for the one show at FIB and then heading back

Bastille: they’re playing TRNSMT the weekend before so are active around the right time but with them playing the festival last year it’s not clear if Beni will have them back so soon

Anne-Marie: doesn’t have any dates in July but could still be added to festival bills around that time as she’s playing a number of European festivals this summer yet none in spain

Richard Ashcroft: another act that’s at TRNSMT the weekend before and currently his european dates start on the 8th August at Sziget in Budapest, can see him playing a few shows in western europe before that, hopefully beni

Madness: playing shows in UK at the time so can’t see them making the trip over just for Beni

Sigrid: she’s playing TRNSMT the week before and has dates all over europe this summer, so has a good chance of being at Beni this year

Tom Walker: in Czechia and Switzerland the weekend of Beni so can rule him out

Rick Astley: playing a show in London on the 14th and his next scheduled show is in spain on the 28th June so is likely

KT Tunstall: has shows in the UK on the 19th and 21st of July so can rule her out

Lily Allen: has no dates in July/August so can probably rule her out as it seems her UK/Europe tour is exclusive to IOW

James: occupied in the US

DMA’s: playing at TRNSMT and Citadel the weekend before and have no dates outside of the UK and Aus this summer, could be a late addition to many european posters or may just be focusing on the UK this summer

Likely Additions: Rick Astley, Sigrid, Richard Ashcroft, IDLES, Sam Fender, Miles Kane, Europa (Jax Jones + Martin Solveig), Keane

Unlikely Additions: Biffy, DMA’s, Lily Allen, Anne-Marie, Bastille, Picture This, Mystery Jets, The Coral, Garbage, Courteeners, Sigala, Noel G

Ruled Out: James, KT Tunstall, Tom Walker, Madness, Dermot Kennedy, Cage The Elephant

• Upvote 1

Likely Additions: Rick Astley, Sigrid, Richard Ashcroft, IDLES, Sam Fender, Miles Kane, Europa (Jax Jones + Martin Solveig), Keane- Happy with a few from that

Unlikely Additions: Biffy, DMA’s, Lily Allen, Anne-Marie, Bastille, Picture This, Mystery Jets, The Coral, Garbage, Courteeners, Sigala, Noel G-

I am still hopeful for Noel or Biffy as a joint on the Sunday, but I think they may have 1975 or Ezra on the Sunday.

What are the chances for Mable, MO, Clean Bandit and possibly Tears for Fears.  A few good acts are at Tramlines that weekend and Tramst the weekend before

My top 3 certain acts are Keane, Ashcroft and Sam Fender.