Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

6 minutes ago, Differ16 said:

Any chance of a co being announced following that? Or do they always announce both co headliners at the same time 

I’d say so, they don’t mention “final headliner”, plus the last time a Spanish act headlined (los planetas) they co-headlined with Foals and Deadmau5.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

There's a lot of Brits can't deny that, but I feel it's not as many as we think.

2017 had a Spanish band co headlining I'm pretty sure. Obv don't have a clue who they are but assuming they must be big ticket shofters in Spain.

It was a 3-way co-headline between Los Planetos, Foals and Deadmau5 in that order. It was quite clear though that Foals were the main act of the night, having a longer set than Los Planetos and playing at the time headliners tend to, with Deadmau5 being the late night dance act. In name only thing for the poster, can't see them going with Spanish act as sole headliner...unless they're really desperate. 

Edited by The Martini Police

7 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Can’t really be too pissed off with them having a Spanish headliner at a Spanish festival tbf :lol:

Still clinging on to hope from the 70 or so names still to come on the undercard. However, for a 25th anniversary, that is a seriously weak set of headliners.

The anniversary means nothing at all, it's just a marketing tool. Budget won;'t be bigger.

5 minutes ago, Toñobeni said:

Los Planetas just announced in a Valencia festival which is celebrated the same days as FIB, so they are very likely to come to the FIB too and co-headline one of the nights

Screenshot_2019-03-12-13-52-47-685_com.facebook.katana.png

I'd love it! 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, KH94 said:

Not hopeful for co headliners like Foals/Deadmaus when they're talking about them like this. 

Screenshot_20190312-123051.png

Okay yeah, I take it back. Looks a lot like outright headliner. The email says 'New FIB2019 HEADLINER with EXCLUSIVE SHOW in Spain'. They're playing Mad Cool the week before. All I can see that they might be basing this on is that their set will focus on their first album - very, very weak exclusive claim.

not particularly chuffed with the line up so far , remember there are a lot more names to but for the price of my early bird I get to see KOL , Fatboy Slim , 1975 , FF , Ezra , Blossoms , Gerry Cinnamon and Superorganism ! Not a lot wrong with that is there ?  

• Upvote 1

why did the official benicassim twitter account react to that poll by BenicassimFans if none of the bands listed ended up headlining, they must of known that would of been an obvious tease that would get people’s hopes up for one or more of The Cure, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes and Mumford & Sons

Never listened to them so can't judge the band, but even all the spanish fans on twitter are kicking off on the FIB's announcement tweet.

Didn't expect a massive headliner but would have thought they'd have booked an act with a more 'international' fan base

Edited by C00000
Typo

23 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

why did the official benicassim twitter account react to that poll by BenicassimFans if none of the bands listed ended up headlining, they must of known that would of been an obvious tease that would get people’s hopes up for one or more of The Cure, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes and Mumford & Sons

Definitely... And knowing that Arctic Monkeys are silent, that The Cure seem to have announced every date, and that The Strokes already play Bilbao BBK and DMF, I'm not optimistic... Nevertheless Mumford and Sons keep on adding dates (All Points East recently). 

27 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Definitely... And knowing that Arctic Monkeys are silent, that The Cure seem to have announced every date, and that The Strokes already play Bilbao BBK and DMF, I'm not optimistic... Nevertheless Mumford and Sons keep on adding dates (All Points East recently). 

Feckin' hell, who'd have thought just 3 or 4 months back, anyone would be saying that the Mumfords could come and save the day!!!

Definitely the poorest set of headliners in the 8 years that I've been going. 

2 hours ago, andytommo said:

Feckin' hell, who'd have thought just 3 or 4 months back, anyone would be saying that the Mumfords could come and save the day!!!

Definitely the poorest set of headliners in the 8 years that I've been going. 

Not the 25th celebration I was expecting mate 

I think that is a poor last headliner. Looking at previous headliners there are none as unheard of in the UK and Ireland as them.  The other 3 headliners are big names, but I am still hopefully for some more decent names being added. Are there are time scales on when the full line up has been announced in the past?

1 hour ago, Davidoff said:

I think that is a poor last headliner. Looking at previous headliners there are none as unheard of in the UK and Ireland as them.  The other 3 headliners are big names, but I am still hopefully for some more decent names being added. Are there are time scales on when the full line up has been announced in the past?

I think that given the backlash they've had since yesterday, it wouldn't surprise me if they announce something else, some more bands, pretty quickly.  They need to do some damage limitation I think.  If they can...

My take on all this is FIB sold enough tickets early on way before any of the announcements were made purely by marketing it as being a 25th anniversary. Id imagine the majority of people committed to tickets, flights, accommodation, etc, before any of the acts were announced – something me and my group do every year, regardless of “special anniversary editions”. So now that they’ve sold enough tickets and people have already committed and are unlikely to drop out, whats the need to spend anything else on the lineup? People generally commit to this festival early on, not after later lineup drops.

One problem with this though will be the day tickets that aren’t on sale yet. Apart from the day KOL and Lana play, I cant see them selling many at all.

(*But, as others have pointed out, for the price of my early bird we’ve got more than what we’ve paid for…. Roll on July)

On their twitter account an hour ago 'More news coming soon'

It would appear that the negative feedback to yesterday's 'news' has prompted them into action. 

Granted I can't complain too much for 99 Euros but I was expected sooooooooo much more