Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

6 minutes ago, KH94 said:

Does that 'Midnight by FIB' mean Blur, Idles and Libertines will be playing the festival? Or do they do the DJ sets every year?

Carl Barat plays his DJ set there almost every year.
I think we could get Idles, it would be strange to bring full band just to do some DJing in the city bar.

8 minutes ago, KH94 said:

Does that 'Midnight by FIB' mean Blur, Idles and Libertines will be playing the festival? Or do they do the DJ sets every year?

I'd say IDLES are likely as listed as the band rather than a member + are doing a lot of shows this summer.. 
Don't think FIB would be silly enough to unintentionally announce Blue & Libertines - would be amazing if they were on the lineup though! 

Yeah Powell and Rowntree were there last year, it absolutely doesn't mean Blur and Libertines are playing!

Wasn't a huge fan of Casablanca myself, it was dead when we went there. I wasn't drunk at all at Buddha either and it was bloody expensive, but I'd imagine if you're a fan of getting 'off your nut' so to speak, then Buddha would be particularly good.

Attended both last year - Gary in Casablanca on the Tues and Dave in Buddha on the Weds. 

More of a vibe in Buddha as the DJ booth is outside, but I rated both clubs. Gary even turned up in Buddha the following night and played a set after Dave had finished his. Drinks were like 10-euro for a double in both places. 

17 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Attended both last year - Gary in Casablanca on the Tues and Dave in Buddha on the Weds. 

More of a vibe in Buddha as the DJ booth is outside, but I rated both clubs. Gary even turned up in Buddha the following night and played a set after Dave had finished his. Drinks were like 10-euro for a double in both places. 

Of course a “double” in Spain is significantly stronger than in the UK

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Of course a “double” in Spain is significantly stronger than in the UK

Very true, it was more like a treble in fairness! 

For those who haven’t been, the booze from the supermarkets around the town is great value. You can get crates of 24 for €5’s and bottles of 1l vodka for like €10’s. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Differ16 said:

So are these clubs in the town of Benicassim? How much we talking for entry? 

Buddha’s straight across from the festival, no idea where the other one is. They’ve replied to a few comments saying it’ll be free entry until a certain time, but more info to come, plus more ‘surprises’.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Very true, it was more like a treble in fairness! 

For those who haven’t been, the booze from the supermarkets around the town is great value. You can get crates of 24 for €5’s and bottles of 1l vodka for like €10’s. 

3 Kingdoms gin at €4.04 a bottle !!!!! And vodka at a similar price 

1 hour ago, Differ16 said:

So are these clubs in the town of Benicassim? How much we talking for entry? 

Casablanca is in the town centre, so a little further away from the festival and Buddha. 

Entry was no more than €10’s for both clubs for me. I expect the price goes up the later you turn up. 

1 hour ago, gedkelly said:

3 Kingdoms gin at €4.04 a bottle !!!!! And vodka at a similar price 

Smirnoff is like €10’s, but yes you can find other brands way cheaper. It’s great!!

On 7 March 2019 at 10:32 PM, Jonesy1 said:

Some of the booze prices are brilliant. Bought 48 cans of skol, bottle of local vodka and a tube of Pringles and got change off a €20 in marina d’or last year. Can’t argue with that.

yeah but the problem is there is that you have to drink skol