Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

16 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Last year, there were 108 acts (excluding headliners). This year we have 30, so roughly 78 to come, presuming the numbers are the same.

I know he’s doing mad cool, but I’ll say Noel G as final headliner.

We thought about The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Mumford & Sons… And we have ended up with Lana del Rey, Kings of Leon, Fatboy Slim, and maybe Noel Gallagher? Probably the biggest dissapointment in festival history

Feel slightly cheated a little by the fact that Beni haven't made a big thing about Fatboy Slim being one of the headliners apart from dropping it in the email that i've received. I'm beginning to worry that were not going to have another "big headliner" and that well end up with the 1975 and Ezra co-headlining.....

8 minutes ago, shaun64 said:

MOAN!! MOAN!! MOAN!!

thats my moaning out of the way 

Now let me get on and enjoy Beni 2019!

None of it will matter when i'm sat in my camping chair, drinking cheap alcohol in the 30 degree heat. They could literally stick anyone on the main stage and id still have a cracking time! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jotayks said:

We thought about The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Mumford & Sons… And we have ended up with Lana del Rey, Kings of Leon, Fatboy Slim, and maybe Noel Gallagher? Probably the biggest dissapointment in festival history

Try TRNSMT 2018 vs TRNSMT 2019 

• Like 1

going off of their most recent instagram stories i think it’s safe to assume The 1975 and Lana are playing the same day so we can rest assured that The 1975 + Ezra coheadline won’t happen.. Gerry and Franz on the same day too (probably under Kings)

1 hour ago, OFWGKTA said:

going off of their most recent instagram stories i think it’s safe to assume The 1975 and Lana are playing the same day so we can rest assured that The 1975 + Ezra coheadline won’t happen.. Gerry and Franz on the same day too (probably under Kings)

Lana's playing Friday, isn't she?  Fatboy Thu, KOL probably Sat (biggest/main headliner), just leaving Sun TBC???

Edited by andytommo

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m increasingly concerned that The 1975/George Ezra will co-headline and then Jess Glynne/FF/Kodaline just fit in under the other 3 headliners 

Think they would’ve announced the co-headline by now. I’m still expecting 1 more outright headliner.

15 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m increasingly concerned that The 1975/George Ezra will co-headline and then Jess Glynne/FF/Kodaline just fit in under the other 3 headliners 

To be fair 1975 and Ezra are very popular , and capable of headlining but they are not the stature I expected for 25 Anniversary !

FYI, Kings of Leon put 20.07 as the date of their show at FIB.
As Lana plays Latitude on 21st and SBSR on 18th, she's only able to play FIB on 19th, so we still have to wait for Sunday headliner.
The 1975 also play SBSR on 18th and I'm very unsure they will have two days gap which could make them co-headline on Sunday.

Edited by Mondo-kun

This is my first Beni after many festivals in the UK and I have to say that I am left feeling a little bit....meh. We are on a stag do and for me this has swapped from a Festival stag do, staying in a villa to a Villa stag do, with a festival to dip in and out of. Luckily we only paid 99 Euros so can't complain too much!!!! I can't say there is anybody on that line up that I am massively keen on seeing so far (maybe KOL, FBS is always a good act!).  I was expecting The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Killers etc but we are left with KOL, LDR, 1975. Not exactly on a par with our last festival which was IOW last year. Headliners Kasabian, Killers, LG and Depeche Mode. I just hope the next round of announcements improve it A LOT!

I am still going to have an amazing time in and out of the festival because we always do when we go to festivals. I just think having seen Beni line ups of the past, this line up is a bit of a let down for a 25th anniversary.  Hey ho....bring on the pool parties, the alcohol, the sun, the falling over........

2 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

FYI, Kings of Leon put 20.07 as the date of their show at FIB.
As Lana plays Latitude on 21st and SBSR on 18th, she's only able to play FIB on 19th, so we still have to wait for Sunday headliner.
The 1975 also play SBSR on 18th and I'm very unsure they will have two days gap which could make them co-headline on Sunday.

The1975 are subbing Lana on the 18th in Portugal and that’s only a short distance from Spain so I expect that pairing to be repeated at Beni on the Friday. 

Franz Ferdinand playing at a Norwegian festival on the Thursday and supporting KOL in their UK gigs, so wouldn’t surprise me if they are the Saturday sub.

Fatboy, George Ezra and Jess Glynne don’t seem to have any other commitments on any of the days but worth noting that Ezra/Fatboy share the bill on one of the days at IOW so I wonder if it might be the same here (except Ezra is headlining IOW with a Fatboy closing set, whereas Fatboy is headlining Beni, potentially subbed by Ezra). If this pairing is kept together it could either be Thursday or Sunday.

Kodaline playing a festival in France on the Saturday and Germany on the Sunday so have to be on one of the first two days (possibly Thursday would be the likelier of the two since Lana Del Rey and presumably The 1975 are both Friday)

If Kodaline are the Thursday sub then that probably means the Fatboy/Ezra pairing is more likely to be Sunday.

So my best guess is that we’ve still got a Thursday headliner to come who will be subheadlined by Kodaline, with The 1975/LDR, Franz/Kings and Ezra/Fatboy being the other three pairings, in that order.

That leaves Jess Glynne who could fit in as the third down act on any of the four days. 

So potentially:

Thursday: Fatboy / Blossoms 

Friday: LDR / 1975 / Kodaline

Saturday: KOL / FF / Gerry cinnamon?

Sunday: TBA / Ezra

Blossoms website got them down as the Thursday. Gorgon city’s website also got them down as the Thursday, could potentially play after fatboy?

Can ignore the Saturday, FF’s website got them down as the Sunday.

Edited by Jonesy1

Anyone else surprised that Kodaline are classed as tier 1 support on the latest poster?

I'd have thought that Blossoms & Gorgon City are both of higher stock than Kodaline these days, and that based on current interest/sales/downloads/gigs Gerry C and You Me At Six are no less popular than Kodaline? 

I have a feeling Kodaline are still massive in Ireland (?), so obviously one for the big crowd attending from the Emerald Isle (and Moseley!)

17 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Anyone else surprised that Kodaline are classed as tier 1 support on the latest poster?

I'd have thought that Blossoms & Gorgon City are both of higher stock than Kodaline these days, and that based on current interest/sales/downloads/gigs Gerry C and You Me At Six are no less popular than Kodaline? 

I have a feeling Kodaline are still massive in Ireland (?), so obviously one for the big crowd attending from the Emerald Isle (and Moseley!)

Kodaline are still quite big. Playing two 12,000 cap nights in Dublin, sold out one of them. 

But on the decline.

Evening all, just found out my grad date lands on the Friday of Benicassim. Pretty gutted I won’t be attending my 3rd consecutive year. I have a ticket to be sold to a good soul below FV. Taking offers of £100 as I need it gone. Cheers!