Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

10 minutes ago, BradGTFC said:

AM, Tame impala, James, Primal scream, chemical brothers, courteeners... Give me any of them and I'm happy

Primal Scream been announced for a few euro fests so they’re definitely a possibility and Courteeners are around this summer, both got a chance imo.

I know it's a while yet but when do the day splits normally come out? or at least when can we have a good stab at who's on which day, particularly the Thursday

Daughters graduation is on the 18th so highly likely I'll miss the first day, unless I can persuade her to sack it off and come to beni :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, mbee123 said:

I know it's a while yet but when do the day splits normally come out? or at least when can we have a good stab at who's on which day, particularly the Thursday

Daughters graduation is on the 18th so highly likely I'll miss the first day, unless I can persuade her to sack it off and come to beni :rolleyes:

Was the 9th of May last year. With acts being added on the 8th of March and 18th of April. Will probably be similar again this year.

23 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Thursday: Stormzy (Giggs, You Me at Six, Example)

Friday: Lana Del Ray (chvrches, Los Planetas, the Wombats)

Saturday: Kings of Leon (Franz Ferdinand, Blossoms, Gorgon City)

Sunday: The 1975/George Ezra (Jess Glynne, Circa Waves, AJ Tracey)

Look so average... 

Would not be at all surprised if they do decide to have 1975/George Ezra co-headline. Especially after their double BRITs scoop tonight, along with George Ezra set up to headline several UK festivals this summer. 

1 minute ago, SCG95 said:

Look so average... 

Would not be at all surprised if they do decide to have 1975/George Ezra co-headline. Especially after their double BRITs scoop tonight, along with George Ezra set up to headline several UK festivals this summer. 

Do they regularly move acts previously announced as non headliners to headline/co headline? 

18 hours ago, SCG95 said:

No, not at all - the last time was in 2017, but not sure about before then in all honesty. 

Lets hope we have two headliners still to come. 

They also did it in 2013, when they had Primal Scream and Beady Eye as Friday night joint headliners, then the year after that they didn't actually have any A-list headliner on Thu or Sun, when they went with Tinie Tempah and Paolo Nutini respectively, but they were struggling financially in 2013-14.  Ever since then, it's been 4 x headliners each weekend, apart from 2017.  This year is 25th anniversary, so I wouldn't expect anything like 2014.  Saying that, if they did have George Ezra/The 1975 co-headlining on the Sunday night, with Stormzy/Chance/P.Malone on Thu, Lana on Fri, and KOL on Sat, then that would still probably be one of the strongest set of headliners you'll see at any European festival this summer (apart from Glasto/Sziget).  And all for less than £100!!!

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

Saying that, if they did have George Ezra/The 1975 co-headlining on the Sunday night, with Stormzy/Chance/P.Malone on Thu, Lana on Fri, and KOL on Sat, then that would still probably be one of the strongest set of headliners you'll see at any European festival this summer (apart from Glasto/Sziget).  And all for less than £100!!!

I’m not so sure about those names being amongst the strongest, personally. Stick Kendrick Lamar in there instead on the Thursday night and then we’d be talking. 

However, for the price we pay, you have to be reasonable and that would be about right for €125 - I do agree there.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Differ16 said:

Anyone know where I can get set times for previous years? Seems like something every fest advertises publicly but not for FiB. Trying to get a rough idea of when we can go to beach etc 

You can beach all day as the main big acts aren’t on until late at night. 

2 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Is there a beach next to it then or do you mean the beach near your apartment hotel, and the pool party stage is that meant literally? 

The beach is a 10 minute walk from the festival, good for wasting some time during the day. 

And yes it is an actual pool party, well, more of a small DJ stage with a couple of pools. Wouldn’t go near the water with a hazmat suit on right enough.

22 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

The beach is a 10 minute walk from the festival, good for wasting some time during the day. 

And yes it is an actual pool party, well, more of a small DJ stage with a couple of pools. Wouldn’t go near the water with a hazmat suit on right enough.

Shittt, that bad hey? Tbf I bet its filth