Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

1 hour ago, Differ16 said:

Stormzy has been ‘unofficially’ confirmed as headlining trnsmt, so he’s in the circuit not just Glasto. Puts him in scotland the weekend before, seems likely for the Thursday night. Is he popular enough in Spain to take a headline slot? 

Beni is 99% Brits/Irish holidaymakers abroad, hardly any locals attend, so I wouldn’t worry about how popular he is over there 

1 hour ago, Differ16 said:

Stormzy has been ‘unofficially’ confirmed as headlining trnsmt, so he’s in the circuit not just Glasto. Puts him in scotland the weekend before, seems likely for the Thursday night. Is he popular enough in Spain to take a headline slot? 

In Portugal, he opened SBSR's main stage last year. I'm surprised with him headlining Glastonbury, but different countries... I guess...

19 hours ago, joaommaia said:

In Portugal, he opened SBSR's main stage last year. I'm surprised with him headlining Glastonbury, but different countries... I guess...

Previously he’s subbed beni, surprised to hear that, not overly convinced he’s a suitable headliner in Spain. He’s massive in the south of England and grime is only getting bigger, glasto will jump on that bandwagon to be ‘part’ of it and he’s likely the most marketable grime artist 

Just now, Differ16 said:

It’s the 8th of August he plays Portugal. There’s nothing in his calendar between FiB and that date in Europe, seems unlikely? Unless he’s more to announce right enough. 

Didn’t realise that, not sure what his popularity is like in Spain but it’ll probably be either him or stormzy by the looks of it.

13 hours ago, Radioactive said:

um by slots do you mean headline slots - has anyone besides me seen migos? they are absolutely awful - they just play others peoples tunes. 

Yeah - based on the fact they’re headlining Lolla Paris over the same weekend. 

Last couple of years we’ve shared headliners with them and I can’t personally see it being any of the other 3 (Strokes, Martin Garrix, Twenty One Pilots). 

5 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

Any chance of Biffy Clyro playing this? i know they’ve played twice already within the last five years (15,16 iirc) but with them playing Lollapalooza Paris on the same weekend and with new material coming out soon they could be a good shout

Would be deadly to have Biffy on that line up like 

2 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

also i’m not sure if it’s been mentioned here but Blossoms and You Me At Six are both listed twice on the website’s lineup, most likely an editing mistake i imagine rather than them both playing two sets across the weekend 

If Blossoms are doing two sets, the second one will be a DJ set in propaganda at Buddha nightclub...

I guess YMA6 could do a normal set and a take off your colours set.

Our survey says... mistake on the website 

14 hours ago, Davidoff said:

With George Ezra and Lana Del ray also playing Latitude at the same time, this could be possible. 

It's a little bit different.
Lana plays Portugal on 18th, then FIB propably on 19th, then one day gap and then Latitude on 21st.
George Ezra plays Latitude on 19th and he could play FIB on any other date, two dates back to back is not a big deal. But Snow Patrol play Portugal on 19th, then Latitude on 20th, so they should play FIB either on 21st (which would be logistical madness) or 18th. As for me it's highly unlikely.

The Wombats have to be a decent shout for this. Playing TRNSMT the week before, and haven’t played FIB for at least the last 2 editions (not sure if ever?) but their style is a good match for previously booked acts like the vaccines, the kooks and blossoms.

With George Ezra getting booked to headline a bunch of UK festivals, I reckon we might end up with Ezra paired with The 1975 as co-headliners one one of the nights here, meaning only one more headliner is needed which I expect to be Stormzy.

Thursday: Stormzy (Giggs, You Me at Six, Example)

Friday: Lana Del Ray (chvrches, Los Planetas, the Wombats)

Saturday: Kings of Leon (Franz Ferdinand, Blossoms, Gorgon City)

Sunday: The 1975/George Ezra (Jess Glynne, Circa Waves, AJ Tracey)

8 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The Wombats have to be a decent shout for this. Playing TRNSMT the week before, and haven’t played FIB for at least the last 2 editions (not sure if ever?) but their style is a good match for previously booked acts like the vaccines, the kooks and blossoms.

With George Ezra getting booked to headline a bunch of UK festivals, I reckon we might end up with Ezra paired with The 1975 as co-headliners one one of the nights here, meaning only one more headliner is needed which I expect to be Stormzy.

Thursday: Stormzy (Giggs, You Me at Six, Example)

Friday: Lana Del Ray (chvrches, Los Planetas, the Wombats)

Saturday: Kings of Leon (Franz Ferdinand, Blossoms, Gorgon City)

Sunday: The 1975/George Ezra (Jess Glynne, Circa Waves, AJ Tracey)

I’m sure a lot of people would be happy with that , not my cup of tea but i’d enjoy it if it was Steps and Rammstein headlining 

Edited by gedkelly