Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

11 hours ago, KH94 said:

How's Example rated in Spain? Doing a small venue tour in the UK. Could be a shout. 

Also, thoughts on Doves? Support NGHFB at Heaton Park and rumoured for Kendal Calling. 

I have strangely never seen example despite being at various festivals he's been at, once caught him end his set but that was the closest he came, would be awesome if he was there! 

3 hours ago, Radioactive said:

I have strangely never seen example despite being at various festivals he's been at, once caught him end his set but that was the closest he came, would be awesome if he was there! 

He did 2 x FIB's quite close to each other, about 6-8 years ago, and was superb, especially the most recent time when he headlined the second stage.  If you check out his video on YT for the '10 Million People' single, this is all filmed in and around Benicassim (beach, town, mountains, and festival), whilst he was there.  He'd be a great addition to the line up this year!  As would Ian Brown, Doves, and Specials, although I saw at the weekend that The Specials are playing in Nottingham on the weekend of FIB with the Manics, so less of a chance now, maybe???

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dukey said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Doves and Courteeners added from that Kendal Calling lineup.

What are the odds of Gerry Cinnamon? Not sure how big he is in Spain.

Think all 3 have a chance. They booked the snuts to play last year who I can guarantee have zero following in Spain, so Gerry wouldn’t be that big a surprise.

Courteeners have previous and draw a big crowd, plus doves have dates around beni.

The Specials are playing in Nottingham on the weekend of FIB with the Manics, so less of a chance now, maybe??? Not sure if this will make them more likely or not but I have seen the before and they had the place bouncing.

James are touring, and I would love to see them. As for the acts that are at Kendal, I could see Jerry Playing as outside Festivals and Scotland he is not that big but looked great and would not cost much. 

Tom Jones is always touring but that’s Not Unusual. . .

RB are about this summer (announced for Lowlands) - potential option? 

I hope either Ian Brown or RA appears at some point over the weekend. The Coral, James, Doves - one or two or those would go down well for me. Have Stormzy open the Thurs night alongside 1975. Place The Prodigy or The Streets to close the main on Sunday.

Lower down the bill, would like to see Parcels/ Loyle Carner/ Boy Pablo somewhere. 

On 1/30/2019 at 12:46 PM, Dukey said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Doves and Courteeners added from that Kendal Calling lineup.

What are the odds of Gerry Cinnamon? Not sure how big he is in Spain.

Courteeners & Doves both this evening announced for Tramlines in Sheffield the same weekend as Benicassim, along with Manics, Chic, Miles Kane, Reverend & Makers, Circa Waves, TDCC and many more (incl. Sea Girls, who are also on the latest FIB line up of last week.)

7 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Courteeners & Doves both this evening announced for Tramlines in Sheffield the same weekend as Benicassim, along with Manics, Chic, Miles Kane, Reverend & Makers, Circa Waves, TDCC and many more (incl. Sea Girls, who are also on the latest FIB line up of last week.)

And Foo’s announce Leeds/Reading . Is that us out of the picture ?