Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

Basically all the threats i open, people are disappointed with the actual lineup, commenting how good lineup once was .. 

Is it a weak year in general? Are only we so harsh ? is this just the way people are used to say "everything was better once" ? 

Or are we getting old and we don't appreciate new artist so much? ?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, activean said:

Basically all the threats i open, people are disappointed with the actual lineup, commenting how good lineup once was .. 

Is it a weak year in general? Are only we so harsh ? is this just the way people are used to say "everything was better once" ? 

Or are we getting old and we don't appreciate new artist so much? ?

Yes it is a weak year but by the end of January, most of the festivals have made much more announcements last year and most of them were already sold out like Mad Cool and Nos Alive. All European festivals are making people wait for the bigger announcements but the more people wait, the higher flight prices and hotel prices will get.

I think folks are being overly harsh on the line-up announcements so far, and equating not having their favourite bands on the line-up yet with a weak line-up.  Fact is that, like them or not, KoL are a class A headliner.  They've headlined every major worldwide festival going over the past 5 / 6 years.  We have 1975 as subbing (at the moment) whereas they are headlining Reading this year.  Same with George Ezra and he's headlining Isle of Wight and now Latitude.  As well as that you have a few other bands / artists already announced on the undercard who are staple festival bands (Blossoms, FF, Glynne), and we still have around 40 artists to come, including 2 headliners.  Add to that the fact that half the fun of Beni is not the line-up but the beach holiday by day / festival by night vibe.

It's a classic case of social media moaners if you ask me.  I'd love to have AM, the National and New Order there, but just because they aren't doesn't make everything that is there rubbish.

If you think that, don't come.  The rest of us will have a capital time without you, don't you worry.

That's it, rant over!

• Upvote 9

20 minutes ago, HappyWednesday said:

I think folks are being overly harsh on the line-up announcements so far, and equating not having their favourite bands on the line-up yet with a weak line-up.  Fact is that, like them or not, KoL are a class A headliner.  They've headlined every major worldwide festival going over the past 5 / 6 years.  We have 1975 as subbing (at the moment) whereas they are headlining Reading this year.  Same with George Ezra and he's headlining Isle of Wight and now Latitude.  As well as that you have a few other bands / artists already announced on the undercard who are staple festival bands (Blossoms, FF, Glynne), and we still have around 40 artists to come, including 2 headliners.  Add to that the fact that half the fun of Beni is not the line-up but the beach holiday by day / festival by night vibe.

It's a classic case of social media moaners if you ask me.  I'd love to have AM, the National and New Order there, but just because they aren't doesn't make everything that is there rubbish.

If you think that, don't come.  The rest of us will have a capital time without you, don't you worry.

That's it, rant over!

Got to agree. Makes it nicer if there’s a few top class bands to enjoy but at the end of the day I couldn’t really give a shit if it’s Gary Barlow headlining every night, cause it’s one of the best weeks of the year regardless.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, HappyWednesday said:

That's it, rant over!

As “ not a fan of the line up so far” person I agree wholeheartedly with what you say , seen line ups i’ve not been that chuffed with over the years but never had a bad Beni 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think it is average so far as I have seen LDR and I was not impressed. KoL are a big name and like most I would rather have AM’s or Foos they are still a decent Headliner. The under card /subs look good 1975 are no my bag but Blossom and FF are great live acts. I can still see a few from Specials, James, Cira Waves, Wombats Tom Greenan. Throw in a dance/Rap act in there as well possible Swedish House/Stormzy etc. Another headliner and a few more subs and I think its looking good.

Any ideas on what night the headliners will be playing, I would love to see FF or Blossom on at the same time as LDR. Also any guess on any new acts

On 1/23/2019 at 11:21 AM, DannyNedelko said:

Awful line up, Isle of Wight pisses all Over that, must be better festivals to attend than benicassim this summer, next announcements would need to be brilliant to save this 

How dare you. George Ezra is a headliner at isle of wight but he's a sub act at FIB. You clearly don't know what you're talking about get help. Isle of wight is rainy weather but we got baking sun. People like you shouldn't be allowed in FIB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, HappyWednesday said:

That's it, rant over!

Spot on mate. We'll enjoy ourselves don't you worry, whilst dannynedelko can sit in England in the rain.

20 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

Was a good second announcement in my opinion if i ignore that kings of leon are headlining, i have nothing against their music and actually quite enjoy it but they’re quite possibly the most boring live band and don’t deserve to play in the positions they do for that reason.. i’m very happy with who else we’ve got so far though The 1975, Franz Ferdinand, You Me At Six, Sea Girls, Yellow Days, George Ezra, Blossoms, Superorganism, The Big Moon and Gorgon City are all good bookings IMO and should make for a good weekend

i keep being wrong with my predictions but i feel like Chance The Rapper will headline the Thursday and i’m not sure who the other headliner will be but i’m not going to hold my breath for someone good as i’ve been dissapointed with the headliners so far

Haha KOL suck live but they're music is good. Hopefully the crowd will bring it out of them but I've seen them at IOW and Rock Werchter and and they disappointed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, activean said:

Ezra is definitely becoming headliner material, Staying at Tamara's is #2 in UK now, 43 weeks after release ..

Having him as sub act at FIB is quite strong imo.

Whilst many Brits do attend Beni, there is still a big Spanish audience to please. Staying at Tamara's peaked at #99 in Spain. 

But I do see the argument, it does suggest that the line up has much more to come when he's headlining IoW and Latitude this year. We have two acts from the US topping the bill currently and I'd be very surprised if we don't have at least one headliner from the UK. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2019 at 11:31 PM, Dukey said:

I could potentially see Martin Garrix doing a closing set, he’s at Lollapalooza in Paris so would make sense. 

Yeah, that's a good shout, as Prydz (also playing Lolla) did Beni last year.  And maybe Fatboy Slim will do a long overdue FIB festival closing set on Sun night??? 

4 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

Could BMTH be on the line up somewhere? i can’t see them headlining due to The 1975 being larger than them and placing on the undercard, they could make a strong sub though and are on the festival circuit around europe at the time touring their new album ‘amo’ 

Ian Brown's bound to be doing some European shows/festivals as well this summer, and I'm sure that FIB know that him playing for them, will go down well the British/Irish crowd.  Album gets released next Friday, so expect a tour to follow?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Ian Brown's bound to be doing some European shows/festivals as well this summer, and I'm sure that FIB know that him playing for them, will go down well the British/Irish crowd.  Album gets released next Friday, so expect a tour to follow?

Expecting either him or Richard Ashcroft to be on the line up. Hopefully both.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

Could BMTH be on the line up somewhere? i can’t see them headlining due to The 1975 being larger than them and placing on the undercard, they could make a strong sub though and are on the festival circuit around europe at the time touring their new album ‘amo’ 

BMTH will play Download Madrid, according to their leaked twitter header. Anyway, not sure if it's exclusive Spanish performance or not.

On 1/24/2019 at 11:50 AM, HappyWednesday said:

That's it, rant over!

Best reply on here. Nice to see some sense 

• Upvote 2