Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

48 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

Tom Tom Club came on instead though so I don't know why one band would be allowed and not the other? There were rumours all day they weren't going to play I was telling people in the crowd they're not coming on before the weather turned really bad.

3 minutes ago, Sedders said:

Tom Tom Club came on instead though so I don't know why one band would be allowed and not the other? There were rumours all day they weren't going to play I was telling people in the crowd they're not coming on before the weather turned really bad.

Which to me suggests KOL bottled it 

Maybe I'm being a bit too pessimistic and suspicious, but with the way the names are set on the updated poster, there's no chance that the 1975/Franz Ferdinand will co-headline one night, and George Ezra/Jess Glynne another is there?  As in, we definitely still have two more headliners to go?  If so then considering George Ezra has just been confirmed as Saturday headliner at Isle of Wight, that's quite a good booking for him to be subbing here.

Edited by HappyWednesday

1 minute ago, HappyWednesday said:

Maybe I'm being a bit too pessimistic and suspicious, but with the way the names are set on the updated poster, there's no chance that the 1975/Franz Ferdinand will co-headline one night, and George Ezra/Jess Glynne another is there?  As in, we definitely still have two more headliners to go?  If so then considering George Ezra has just been confirmed as Saturday headliner at Isle of Wight, that's quite a good booking for him to be subbing here.

Definitely still got 2 headliners to come. My guess is the The 1975 and Ezra will sub, with FF headlining the second stage possibly? Reckon blossoms will probably get a decent slot as well.

Prediction for the final 2 headliners - Stormzy/AM.

1 minute ago, DannyNedelko said:

Awful line up, Isle of Wight pisses all Over that, must be better festivals to attend than benicassim this summer, next announcements would need to be brilliant to save this 

Agreed , my 10 year and i’m wishing I hadn’t committed 

Was a good second announcement in my opinion if i ignore that kings of leon are headlining, i have nothing against their music and actually quite enjoy it but they’re quite possibly the most boring live band and don’t deserve to play in the positions they do for that reason.. i’m very happy with who else we’ve got so far though The 1975, Franz Ferdinand, You Me At Six, Sea Girls, Yellow Days, George Ezra, Blossoms, Superorganism, The Big Moon and Gorgon City are all good bookings IMO and should make for a good weekend

1 hour ago, SCG95 said:

Who we calling for final two headliners?

I'd make Foo's and AM's both less likely now. 

i keep being wrong with my predictions but i feel like Chance The Rapper will headline the Thursday and i’m not sure who the other headliner will be but i’m not going to hold my breath for someone good as i’ve been dissapointed with the headliners so far

Edited by OFWGKTA

Wouldn’t surprise me if George Ezra and The 1975 end up co-headlining one of the nights with LDR, KOL and Stormzy as your three outright headliners.

That leaves Franz Ferdinand and Jess Glynne to sub KOL/LDR in some order. Got a feeling Blossoms, You me at six and Gorgon City will end up playing the late night slots after the headliners finish