Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

41 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Keane are rumoured to be playing a fest in Portugal over the same weekend... 

https://blitz.sapo.pt/principal/update/2019-01-11-Keane-vao-ao-festival-MEO-Mares-Vivas

14yrs on from their headline set. They could appear on the bill somewhere. 

Look, I don't want to play either, honest

original.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 1/4/2019 at 2:50 PM, Davidoff said:

Fingers crossed for the Foo’s. Looking at the last two years there was announcement on the 21/22 January time so here is hoping.

Still no news that I can see, hopefully something next week but you never know. Keane would be a great shout as well. 

9 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Looks like there’s a couple of festivals all waiting until next week to announce, maybe waiting for a band to announce their summer schedule? AM?

I feel like it is related to Arctic Monkeys too. They are one of the few bands that wants to announce all of their festivals in one announcement. FIB, Lollapalooza Paris and Super Bock Super Rock are all on the same weekend which will all have announcements next week. Arctic Monkeys didn't headline any of them last year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KH94 said:

Big shout from Fiber Leaks, Rihanna. Thats a shame as i would've liked to see her. ?

Looks like he/she saw the 'poster tweet' from FIB earlier in the week, and is now barking up the wrong tree.  I don't think FIB would've mentioned Rihanna at all on socials, if she was going to be on the bill.  

12 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

We got 13 names (inc 2 headliners) in last years Jan announcement.  

AM played SBSR, Beni and a gig in France on their “AM” tour circuit in 2013. 

38B173EB-EC24-43CE-887C-9896D55D6FE9.jpeg.a8b700649d3a6e7ad0e7f391beaec48a.jpeg

My guess is that beni, super Bock and lollapalloza are waiting to announce AM this week, well that’s the hope. I think we’ll get more than 13 this year for some reason.

38 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

My guess is that beni, super Bock and lollapalloza are waiting to announce AM this week, well that’s the hope. I think we’ll get more than 13 this year for some reason.

Would make sense. 

My only doubt on it is the fact that they’d have to play two gigs back to back without a day rest in between. 

SBSR - Thu, Beni - Fri or Sat, Lolla - Sun 

6 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Would make sense. 

My only doubt on it is the fact that they’d have to play two gigs back to back without a day rest in between. 

Don’t think it would be an issue, they done it plenty of times on tour last year. 

9 hours ago, SCG95 said:

Would make sense. 

SBSR already has Lana for the thursday. They would headline 19 or 20 in Portugal. Why not FIB - Thursday, SBSR - Friday and Lollapalooza - Sunday?

About the cancelation thing, Lana already has SBSR on her website.

Edited by joaommaia

14 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

My Spanish is a bit rusty, but there’s a Spanish news site reporting they’ve submitted planning permission to make the site bigger. Maybe get an extra stage this year.

Could you share The link?

1 hour ago, Jonesy1 said:

https://www.levante-emv.com/castello/2019/01/21/benicassim-sometera-exposicion-publica-proyecto/1824132.html

I think that’s roughly what it means, if you could give a better translation that would be appreciated.

The land of the FIB is divided into parcels of land from different local owners. What the municipality of Benicassim wants is to buy these lands in order to invest money in improving the concert venue. The news simply says that a plenary session has been held at the town hall to begin the administrative procedures of buying the land.