Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

4 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

Disclosure have just been announced for Mad Cool i can see them easily taking the Thursday headline slot now instead of Chance The Rapper, think they’d do a good job of it too.. 

It's only a 'dj set' at Mad Cool, whether that strengthens their position for Beni I'm not sure, could be because they were already booked for a full live set elsewhere and Mad Cool is an extra show or could be because they aren't doing full sets this Summer, I would guess the former tbf, seems unlikely they'd be active again just to go around doing dj sets.

53 minutes ago, AAlex said:

It's only a 'dj set' at Mad Cool, whether that strengthens their position for Beni I'm not sure, could be because they were already booked for a full live set elsewhere and Mad Cool is an extra show or could be because they aren't doing full sets this Summer, I would guess the former tbf, seems unlikely they'd be active again just to go around doing dj sets.

didn’t notice that it was a DJ set but it does seem unlikely that they’d bother touring if they didn’t perform any live shows.. just looked at their tour dates though and they’re playing Barcelona on the 18th so the Thursday headline slot is out of the question, them playing the DJ act at the end of the night though seems unlikely as i believe they did that in 2016 iirc

On 12/19/2018 at 1:03 PM, TheFullShaboo said:

The Strokes are playing at Doctor Music Festival which probably means the dreams over for me :( 

I reckon we've got Mumford out of the 4 listed in the poll...

I'm starting to wonder if any of the 4 bands in question are playing. Wouldn't surprise me now...

5 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

I'm starting to wonder if any of the 4 bands in question are playing. Wouldn't surprise me now...

i think Mumford still seem plausible, the only bit of info that hints at them not playing is that they supposedly said Barcelona was their only spanish date but i can’t find any source of this happening.. the worst act on the poll so i’d be highly disappointed if they do play (considering in not a fan of the first headliner anyways)

On 12/20/2018 at 10:36 PM, OFWGKTA said:

i think Mumford still seem plausible, the only bit of info that hints at them not playing is that they supposedly said Barcelona was their only spanish date but i can’t find any source of this happening.. the worst act on the poll so i’d be highly disappointed if they do play (considering in not a fan of the first headliner anyways)

I’d be really surprised if Arctics released an album and then disappeared. Nothing seems likely/repeatable (Primavera, NOS, mad Cool, (Bilbao have headliners)... my guess Is they’ll play Beni (Particularly with Strokes seemingly ruled out) 

Even if it is Mumford I’ve seen them twice before and I’ll tell you what they put on an excellent show (one of my highlights of 2017, but in fairness I like their records) but I can understand why you’d want another exiting act alongside the next(or before) day

Edited by AAlex

On 12/20/2018 at 4:59 PM, OFWGKTA said:

didn’t notice that it was a DJ set but it does seem unlikely that they’d bother touring if they didn’t perform any live shows.. just looked at their tour dates though and they’re playing Barcelona on the 18th so the Thursday headline slot is out of the question, them playing the DJ act at the end of the night though seems unlikely as i believe they did that in 2016 iirc

I think that’s Sonar(?) another Spanish festival and another DJ set, I don’t think it matters either way tbh... they’ve either agreed to do a couple of DJ sets while they’re in Spain doing something else (Beni?) or it’s just a quick money earner. 

11 hours ago, AAlex said:

I’d be really surprised if Arctics released an album and then disappeared. Nothing seems likely/repeatable (Primavera, NOS, mad Cool, (Bilbao have headliners)... my guess Is they’ll play Beni (Particularly with Strokes seemingly ruled out) 

Even if it is Mumford I’ve seen them twice before and I’ll tell you what they put on an excellent show (one of my highlights of 2017, but in fairness I like their records) but I can understand why you’d want another exiting act alongside the next(or before) day

that’s a good point and with them playing Australia, New Zealand and South America next year then i don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t return to Europe.. they currently have no tour dates after the 7th April with their last show being in Colombia.. if they are to announce a European tour then i think it would be safe to assume that Arctic’s will most likely be playing Benicassim (topped the poll that beni responded to so would seem the most likely) also the act that i would want to headline the most, i’m just trying not to be too optimistic so i don’t get let down when they don’t get announced

11 hours ago, AAlex said:

I think that’s Sonar(?) another Spanish festival and another DJ set, I don’t think it matters either way tbh... they’ve either agreed to do a couple of DJ sets while they’re in Spain doing something else (Beni?) or it’s just a quick money earner. 

would they return so soon after they last played to be put into the same slot that they did in 2016? i can’t see them headlining any other day but the Thursday and with them being booked on the 18th to be somewhere else then that isn’t a possibility.. with LDR headlining one of the days, The 1975 most likely co-headlining another and Arctic Monkeys/Foo’s/Strokes taking up the last day then i can’t see them as a possibility.. unless they co-headline along side The 1975

merry christmas all! hope everyone’s having a lovely day

just had a sudden thought when scrolling through my twitter feed, macklemore! he’s around europe around the same time and would make a good headliner for the Thursday night if it’s not Chance then i can see it being Macklemore.. i’d say they’re both pretty likely as he’s in Sweden on the 13th July

1 hour ago, Vasodeagua said:

I was expecting some new names before new year's eve but I've got nothing... I'm somewhat worried. They started nice with the Lana announcement but I don't know what to expect...

no need to be worried we’ve got more names now than we did at this time last year, The Killers were announced on their own on the 7th December and no more names were announced until 24th January and at that point they only had 14 acts announced, compared to the 6 we have now.. but there has been a longer gap between announcements this year

2 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

no need to be worried we’ve got more names now than we did at this time last year, The Killers were announced on their own on the 7th December and no more names were announced until 24th January and at that point they only had 14 acts announced, compared to the 6 we have now.. but there has been a longer gap between announcements this year

Not worried , just bored of waiting 

5 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

Her site means nothing at the moment. 

What is the logic of her playing FIB and not SBSR?

I agree ! Although BUKU, where she is supposed to play, is in March, but it's not in Europe and not during summer...