Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

59 minutes ago, billisBob said:

Just me that thinks FIB's twitter is handled a bit weirdly?

As an example they replied to a poll where 60% of people said they wanted Arctic Monkeys with some smirking faces, surely suggesting they will be a headliner? Obviously they're one of the biggest names the festival could get so if they're already booked, why announce Lana first? And if they're not booked, why suggest that they are? 

They also hinted at maybe AM or Muse here 

and another interesting reply was someone who asked for the wombats to be added to the line up - they replied with "noted"

And another here, this person asked for Halsey and they said they're "aiming for it"

I don't know if they're just trying to drive up hype without actually booking any of these artists to try to sell extra early bird tickets, or if they actually have a handful of serious early bookings up their sleeves that they decided to hold back on the announcement today, but it seems like a funny strategy to me. Everyone wants the fans to be listened to, so it's cool in that regard, I just hope they're serious about actually booking some of these artists! (basically I want AM and if we don't get AM I will be annoyed haha)

when people were talking about Lana Del Rey in the comments to the post about the emails they responded with ‘????’ and as we’ve seen today it was her that was booked so i believe they are replying to hint at artists on the line up rather than just replying to build up hype

Satisfied with that first announcement. 

Unless they put something more up my street against Lana on the Visa stage, I'll watch her. Fully expected 1975 to be headlining festivals next summer, so since it looks like they're on the under card, that can only be seen a positive sign of things to come.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

So Lana Del Rey confirmed, The Cure and Arctic Monkeys strongly rumoured. The 1975 playing and not a headliner.

I'm sorry but after the ****show that was last years lineup (and yet it was still fucking amazing), that is one hell of a strong start.

The Cure won't play. AM, not that likely I wouldn't say even though it seems to make sense. Also, The 1975 being in yellow on poster suggests co-headliner to me based on what they usually do.

7 minutes ago, ConorC said:

The 1975 in a non headline slot- even as a co-headline - is a huge booking considering Pet Shop Boys and Liam Gallagher were standalone headliners this year.

Yeah I think they're a good booking, but so was LG imo. It just depends whether Lana Del Rey is their biggest headliner which based on their usual announcements seems to be biggest first? Killers last year and RHCP year before.

6 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Yeah I think they're a good booking, but so was LG imo. It just depends whether Lana Del Rey is their biggest headliner which based on their usual announcements seems to be biggest first? Killers last year and RHCP year before.

Shit, that makes so much sense… But having Lana as their biggest headliner wouldn't be nice for the 25 years of festival, I'm really hopping something "especial" for this year

17 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Big headliner easily could announce all of its dates at once. If one specific band announces tour in the end of January then FIB just can't wait for it to put into the first wave, so maybe this year they decided to start with smaller ones.

The biggest and most obvious potential booking this year for me was defo AM and I get what you're saying that if they were to be announced it wouldn't be for a while but then also hearing they might not be doing as much next summer as I orginally thought. In terms of potential headliners I'm struggling for names tbh. Won't be The Cure tho they just got announced for Mad Cool.

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Two years before that the biggest headliner was announced last (muse and blur) 

6 hours ago, SCG95 said:

What are we making of this now? 

I was set on the thought that The Cure will be most likely out of these 4 to play.  Now they have been announced for MC, I’m not so sure. 

766ED14E-E11E-4509-890B-E9CEFACC9DA5.thumb.jpeg.e29ead1241ef79a346b3154d93fab899.jpeg

yeah i’d agree that it’s not The Cure seeing as they’re now playing MC and i feel like they’d of been announced before LDR as their tour had already been confirmed..

believe someone posted in this thread that Mumford said they were only playing one show in spain this tour and it was in Barcelona.. don’t know how true those claims are as i’m not following their announcements but i assume we can rule them out

The Strokes are supposedly rumoured for Latitude who often share headliners with Beni, but LDR is also rumoured and according to TheFullShaboo they only usually share the one

i’d say if they are hinting that they’ve booked one of those acts (which they must be) it will be Strokes or Monkeys, i’d be happy with either

6 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

yeah i’d agree that it’s not The Cure seeing as they’re now playing MC and i feel like they’d of been announced before LDR as their tour had already been confirmed..

believe someone posted in this thread that Mumford said they were only playing one show in spain this tour and it was in Barcelona.. don’t know how true those claims are as i’m not following their announcements but i assume we can rule them out

The Strokes are supposedly rumoured for Latitude who often share headliners with Beni, but LDR is also rumoured and according to TheFullShaboo they only usually share the one

i’d say if they are hinting that they’ve booked one of those acts (which they must be) it will be Strokes or Monkeys, i’d be happy with either

Yeah I said to TheFullShaboo in the Mad Cool thread Beni and Latitude shared headliners 3 of the last 4 years, all 3 they were a weekend apart, the one year they didn’t share headliners they were on the same weekend, which they are in 2019.

If I had to guess I’d say Strokes for Mad Cool/NOS, Arctics and/or Mumford for Beni. Difficulty is will Bilbao BBK or Doctor Music pick either of them up, both the weekend before Beni.

Thursday: Pale Waves, Dua Lipa, LANA DEL REY, Hannah Wants (VISA headline: Mabel)

Friday: Kodaline, LOS PLANETAS, THE 1975, Galantis (VISA headline: Slaves)

Saturday: Circa Waves, Blossoms, ARCTIC MONKEYS, Armin Van Buuren (VISA headline: Wretch 32)

Sunday: The Coral, The Wombats, PANIC! AT THE DISCO, Example (VISA headline: Tom Grennan)

• Downvote 1

On 11/7/2018 at 4:56 PM, billisBob said:

Just me that thinks FIB's twitter is handled a bit weirdly?

As an example they replied to a poll where 60% of people said they wanted Arctic Monkeys with some smirking faces, surely suggesting they will be a headliner? Obviously they're one of the biggest names the festival could get so if they're already booked, why announce Lana first? And if they're not booked, why suggest that they are? 

They also hinted at maybe AM or Muse here 

and another interesting reply was someone who asked for the wombats to be added to the line up - they replied with "noted"

And another here, this person asked for Halsey and they said they're "aiming for it"

I don't know if they're just trying to drive up hype without actually booking any of these artists to try to sell extra early bird tickets, or if they actually have a handful of serious early bookings up their sleeves that they decided to hold back on the announcement today, but it seems like a funny strategy to me. Everyone wants the fans to be listened to, so it's cool in that regard, I just hope they're serious about actually booking some of these artists! (basically I want AM and if we don't get AM I will be annoyed haha)

I watched AM at RW and they just didn't seem very engaging which was a shame - friend watched them on their tour recently and sid the same

On 11/10/2018 at 1:15 PM, danz026 said:

Thursday: Pale Waves, Dua Lipa, LANA DEL REY, Hannah Wants (VISA headline: Mabel)

Friday: Kodaline, LOS PLANETAS, THE 1975, Galantis (VISA headline: Slaves)

Saturday: Circa Waves, Blossoms, ARCTIC MONKEYS, Armin Van Buuren (VISA headline: Wretch 32)

Sunday: The Coral, The Wombats, PANIC! AT THE DISCO, Example (VISA headline: Tom Grennan)

any strength to this or just hoping?

1 hour ago, Radioactive said:

What happened to the TOP rumours? also noone talking about rap/hip hop act? assume they hve every year?

Imagine dragons? anyone got any juicy rumours?

Stormzy, Childish Gambino and Post Malone naturally spring to mind.

Only Stormzy out of the 3 has played in 17’ so may be too early for a return. Yet again, Blossoms are back after also playing only last year. 

CG and PM are yet to play Beni from my understanding, but did play at BBK and MC respectively this summer just gone. 

• Like 1