Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

2 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

I voted the Cure and got an email - also voted The Strokes and Arctic Monkeys but so did my mates and they never got one.

Has to be The Cure!

Benicassim Fans also tweeted a poll ages ago with 4 options; The Strokes, Mumford, The Cure and The Arctics, and the official Beni twitter replied with a winking face. So yeh, looks like The Cure!

• Upvote 1

This year, except The National, all headliners of NOS Alive were at Mad Cool... Could we expect something similar this year? I'm planning to go to NOS Alive then Benicassim, so we'd like a not too similar line-up :) (obviously double dose of The Cure is pretty cool!) 

24 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Lana Del Ray being mentioned a couple of times in the replies to their tweet. Wouldn’t be surprised with Drake, continues the recent trend of an American rapper headlining the Thursday.

Lana Del Ray has been added as a rumour for Latitude festival on here and considering the two festivals have shared headliners in the past i think its likely she will be there. 

9 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Lana Del Ray has been added as a rumour for Latitude festival on here and considering the two festivals have shared headliners in the past i think its likely she will be there. 

The Cure rumour I will except but 1975 and Lana Del borethefuckoff ! This should be my 10th year , i’m Losing interest already 

Just now, gedkelly said:

The Cure rumour I will except but 1975 and Lana Del borethefuckoff ! This should be my 10th year , i’m Losing interest already 

i’m really hoping it isn’t Lana Del Rey, from what we’ve got rumoured so far it does seem like a weak set of headliners for the 25th anniversary

4 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

i’m really hoping it isn’t Lana Del Rey, from what we’ve got rumoured so far it does seem like a weak set of headliners for the 25th anniversary

I dont think Beni has ever announced the full set of headliners on the first announcement, and i cant imagine they've sent out emails to people who voted for acts that aren't in tomorrows announcement. So apart from The Cure and 1975, i cant see any of the others being listed as a headliner.

Beni needs us to come up with ridiculous expectations and buy tickets early before they finally announce a final lineup full of underwhelming acts.

2 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Not sure The Cure/LDR/The 1975 (+ 1 other) would be classed as 'underwhelming'. 

Compare them to Pet Shop Boys/LG/The Killers (+ Travis Scott) from this year.

Was making reference to the later announcements of previous years, not this one tomorrow.

Last year there was loads of huge names touring around Beni which got everyone excited..... until we ended up with Travis Scott and Pet Shop Boys -  which IMO is underwhelming. 

Ill be back regardless, the last time i went solely on the lineup was 2012, and i've been back every year since!

Just now, TheFullShaboo said:

Was making reference to the later announcements of previous years, not this one tomorrow.

Last year there was loads of huge names touring around Beni which got everyone excited..... until we ended up with Travis Scott and Pet Shop Boys -  which IMO is underwhelming. 

Ill be back regardless, the last time i went solely on the lineup was 2012, and i've been back every year since!

Wasn't directly referring to you to be fair, more the general negativity in the thread towards 1975/LDR.

The 1975 would undisputedly be a big booking for Beni despite some people's disdain towards them. Certainly more relevant than anyone they had playing this year.

1 minute ago, ConorC said:

Wasn't directly referring to you to be fair, more the general negativity in the thread towards 1975/LDR.

The 1975 would undisputedly be a big booking for Beni despite some people's disdain towards them. Certainly more relevant than anyone they had playing this year.

Huge booking, just not my cup of tea.

There's usually enough for me lower down anyway; Metronomy, Parquet Courts and The Horrors were the highlights last year.

People will moan regardless, was just hoping that Beni would of splashed the cash considering its their 25th Anniversary. But then again i should of known better after their 20th....

3 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Benicassim Fans also tweeted a poll ages ago with 4 options; The Strokes, Mumford, The Cure and The Arctics, and the official Beni twitter replied with a winking face. So yeh, looks like The Cure!

Think they would look very stupid if one of those weren’t booked when I saw it, so yeah, looks like The Cure nailed on now... although they didn’t come last in the poll

2 hours ago, ConorC said:

I am not a fan of either 1975 or LDR but I am aware that they are both popular and wouldn’t be bad additions to the line up , just not my cup of tea that’s all . 

Come on, The Cure are not headlining Beni when there's Mad Cool, Doctor Music and Primavera. Looks like loads of people with different combinations of acts are being emailed so they could be emailing anyone who voted and taking a while for it to get through to them all, or there's a big bunch of acts being announced and all these people had one of these acts in their choices (i.e. all those who voted The Cure may have had different smaller acts in their selections who are being announced - Lana Del Rey, Tash Sultana, etc.).

21 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Come on, The Cure are not headlining Beni when there's Mad Cool, Doctor Music and Primavera. Looks like loads of people with different combinations of acts are being emailed so they could be emailing anyone who voted and taking a while for it to get through to them all, or there's a big bunch of acts being announced and all these people had one of these acts in their choices (i.e. all those who voted The Cure may have had different smaller acts in their selections who are being announced - Lana Del Rey, Tash Sultana, etc.).

I agree with you, I'd rather see Mumford & Sons instead. 

I’m now wondering if the “your fault” thing is aimed at everyone who voted in the poll rather than the specific recipient of the email.

I reckon the emails are being sent out either at random, or to everyone who bought a ticket, and the band that will be announced are the band that topped the poll, but the emails aren’t necessarily going to those who voted for that particular band 

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

I’m now wondering if the “your fault” thing is aimed at everyone who voted in the poll rather than the specific recipient of the email.

I reckon the emails are being sent out either at random, or to everyone who bought a ticket, and the band that will be announced are the band that topped the poll, but the emails aren’t necessarily going to those who voted for that particular band 

Seems most likely to me. Why would they only want to advertise the announcement to people who voted for the specific act(s) being announced?