Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

2 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

Courteeners announcement for them playing Heaton Park on June 15th must put them in the running for headline, or would they just sub? 

Sold out Lancs cricket ground in 17’ and didn’t headline. In fact, Beni put them on the 2nd stage for that set. 

I’d therefore say it makes little to no difference; despite the size of the gigs they’re putting on in Manchester. 

15 hours ago, SCG95 said:

Sold out Lancs cricket ground in 17’ and didn’t headline. In fact, Beni put them on the 2nd stage for that set. 

I’d therefore say it makes little to no difference; despite the size of the gigs they’re putting on in Manchester. 

if the new album sells well that might give them the extra push, they’d be a really strong sub in my opinion

On 10/31/2018 at 7:05 PM, OFWGKTA said:

Courteeners announcement for them playing Heaton Park on June 15th must put them in the running for headline, or would they just sub? 

Massive in the north of England, big in Scotland, popular in the Midlands/South/Ireland, but still pretty much unheard of in Spain.  I think the last time they played any gig Spain, other than FIB, was small club gigs in Barca/Madrid in about 2011/12.  As such, they definitely wouldn't headline, but would make a decent main stage sub/support on Fri/Sat/Sun night.  But then again, maybe 2019 is too soon a return for them, as they played Beni last year, didn't they?  Always go down really well though at Beni, as such a great live act.

On 11/1/2018 at 7:51 PM, andytommo said:

Massive in the north of England, big in Scotland, popular in the Midlands/South/Ireland, but still pretty much unheard of in Spain.  I think the last time they played any gig Spain, other than FIB, was small club gigs in Barca/Madrid in about 2011/12.  As such, they definitely wouldn't headline, but would make a decent main stage sub/support on Fri/Sat/Sun night.  But then again, maybe 2019 is too soon a return for them, as they played Beni last year, didn't they?  Always go down really well though at Beni, as such a great live act.

Does it matter how popular they are in Spain? This festival is like 99% Brits/Irish abroad 

On 11/3/2018 at 7:23 AM, Radioactive said:

Can anyone suggest an area except central Benny to stay that's well connected by bus but doesn't take an age to get to and from festy. Only the few air bns/hotels left are way too pricey for what they're worth! 

Oropesa is your best yet, now that they've had the official shuttle buses running to and from the festival all night, over the past couple of years.  From memory, feedback on the transport connections this year was run well, with few issues.  Good spacious apartments in Oropesa, and neighbouring Marina D'Or, a fraction of the price of equivalent accomm in Beni town.  A much better (closer) option than Castellon as well.

Just looking at who could play next year.  There are a few touring and playing festivals around the place that fit the bill.  The Specials have a new album and touring they would be like Madness last year. James, The Courteeners,1975, Cira Waves,Wombats Tom Greenan are all around and one or more could play.  I can see possibly Florence/Munford as Headliners and maybe a dance act in there as well, Swedish House Mafia looking possible. I could also see one from Neol, Dua Lipa, Kendrick and Kasabian.

I do not think Muse will play as in Madrid. The Cure are a good shout but unsure if they would fit the Festival.

Any thoughts.

5 hours ago, Davidoff said:

Just looking at who could play next year.  There are a few touring and playing festivals around the place that fit the bill.  The Specials have a new album and touring they would be like Madness last year. James, The Courteeners,1975, Cira Waves,Wombats Tom Greenan are all around and one or more could play.  I can see possibly Florence/Munford as Headliners and maybe a dance act in there as well, Swedish House Mafia looking possible. I could also see one from Neol, Dua Lipa, Kendrick and Kasabian.

I do not think Muse will play as in Madrid. The Cure are a good shout but unsure if they would fit the Festival.

Any thoughts.

Bit soon for Kendrick and kasabian to come back surely 

Beni have been emailing people who voted for an act that is being announced announced. From looking on twitter it seems the majority of people who received this email all had the 1975 as one of their choices, so i presume its them.

I voted for The Strokes 3 times and didn't receive an email. The dream of them playing is crushed for another year. 

18 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Beni have been emailing people who voted for an act that is being announced announced. From looking on twitter it seems the majority of people who received this email all had the 1975 as one of their choices, so i presume its them.

I voted for The Strokes 3 times and didn't receive an email. The dream of them playing is crushed for another year. 

Girl who received an e-mail wrote that her choices were: drake, lana del rey, tash sultana

DrUsiuSXcAAsY-b.jpg

DrUsiufWkAAdXpR.jpg

Edited by Jancker19

5 minutes ago, Jancker19 said:

Girl who received an e-mail wrote that her choices were: drake, lana del rey, tash sultana

Can’t remember mine to be honest , probably Foo’s , Arctics and the Prod but i’m sure as fuck the 1975 din’t feature anywhere near my monination