Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

On 8/31/2018 at 8:47 AM, gedkelly said:

It’s my 10th anniversary at Beni , it would be wrong to miss it wouldn’t it ...

Oh too right. I've got a feeling that 2019 could be the best yet in all. 

On 8/31/2018 at 9:28 AM, Davidoff said:
  • HI, If you have been for 9 years are you able to help out with any off these questions. I have been to a few festivals but this will be my first time to this one .
  • Campfest vs Villacamp vs Glamping - I’ve been trying to find Villacamp prices, does anyone have a rough number? Worth the extra? How much for  a 4-person glamping tent ?
  • Lockers - how much to use and are they necessary?
  • Phone charging - how easy is it to find points? How much do they charge?
  • How much do the tickets go up on the second phase, I may need to wait a month or so to confirm my holidays and flights

I've not camped in the past, only stayed in an apartment so wouldn't be able to answer many of these either unfortunately. As for ticket prices, if I recall rightly final release is about 150e. I got mine for 125e around Jan' this year. 

On 8/31/2018 at 9:28 AM, Davidoff said:
  • HI, If you have been for 9 years are you able to help out with any off these questions. I have been to a few festivals but this will be my first time to this one .
  • Campfest vs Villacamp vs Glamping - I’ve been trying to find Villacamp prices, does anyone have a rough number? Worth the extra? How much for  a 4-person glamping tent ?
  • Lockers - how much to use and are they necessary?
  • Phone charging - how easy is it to find points? How much do they charge?
  • How much do the tickets go up on the second phase, I may need to wait a month or so to confirm my holidays and flights

Last year was my 1st year so would of asked alot of similar questions as you have 

*i i did glamping in campfest last year and it was grand. It had its own showers (communal) toilets etc as well as security checking for the glamping wristbands. I paid €70 for mine which was the 2 man easy tent option but there was also a 4 man tent option. If wanted to splash out a bit they have bell tents that have beds etc in them think they like €800 tho. Alot of people i talked to that stayed in villacamp said they didnt really think it was worth the extra money (not sure on villacamp prices but it was def €100+ extra)

*is lockers in the campsite that can be booked nearly the festival dates. They something like €20 for the week. I didnt bother with 1 last year and just left my things in my tent. The glamping tents come with their own combination locks 

*is a place in the campsite that sells portable chargers for €20 and will also charge these when dead for €5. Best thing you can do is buy a decent portable charger before you go that will last for the week you are their. I did this last year and was the best €30 i spent in lead up to the festival 

*tickets went up to €125 last year and stayed at that price until the end of January. I wouldnt worry about picking up a ticket tho as in a few months will probably be loads of early bird tickets beensold by people who cant attend. I did thislast year and will probably do same thing this year

• Like 1

Thanks for the information, I am looking at the bigger tent as I am going with my son and hopefully a few others so £800 for the Bell tent seems a bit expensive but I may just do it. If not, I will go with the campfest for a 2 or 4-man tent.

Lockers seem reasonably priced to keep your passports etc safe.

I will get a decent charger and I bit the bullet and just got the tickets at the cheaper rate and this way I will be going.

13 hours ago, Irelandfan said:

Looking at previous 3 years they seem to have 4 “big” acts on the main stage each night with the headliner playing 3rd.

slot 1: Soulwax, La Habitacion Roja, Walking on Cars, Catfish and The Bottlemen, Ride, Blossoms, Dinosaur Jr, Dua Lipa, J Hus, Catfish and the Bottlemen (again), The Kooks, Madness

Slot 2: Skepta, The Vaccines, The Coral, The Maccabees, Stormzy, Los Planetas, Liam Gallagher, Years & Years, Two Door Cinema Club, The Vaccines (again), Turno, Bastille 

Headliners: Major Lazer, Biffy Clyro, Muse, Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd, Foals, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kasabian, Travis Scott, Pet Shop Boys, The Killers, Liam Gallagher

Slot 4: Mr Olzo, The Chemical Brothers, Disclosure, Massive Attack, Bonobo, Deadmau5, Biffy Clyro, Crystal Fighters, Ley DJ, Eric Prydz, Chase and Status, Justice

Should give a rough idea of the calibre of acts we’ll get

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Looking at previous 3 years they seem to have 4 “big” acts on the main stage each night with the headliner playing 3rd.

slot 1: Soulwax, La Habitacion Roja, Walking on Cars, Catfish and The Bottlemen, Ride, Blossoms, Dinosaur Jr, Dua Lipa, J Hus, Catfish and the Bottlemen (again), The Kooks, Madness

Slot 2: Skepta, The Vaccines, The Coral, The Maccabees, Stormzy, Los Planetas, Liam Gallagher, Years & Years, Two Door Cinema Club, The Vaccines (again), Turno, Bastille 

Headliners: Major Lazer, Biffy Clyro, Muse, Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd, Foals, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kasabian, Travis Scott, Pet Shop Boys, The Killers, Liam Gallagher

Slot 4: Mr Olzo, The Chemical Brothers, Disclosure, Massive Attack, Bonobo, Deadmau5, Biffy Clyro, Crystal Fighters, Ley DJ, Eric Prydz, Chase and Status, Justice

Should give a rough idea of the calibre of acts we’ll get

Chemical brothers headlined not the biff

Edited by Mcbatesman

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, mbee123 said:

Has anyone used the shuttle buses to Castellan etc, considering staying there, is there much of a queue/wait? Plenty buses running? Has anyone experience of Castellan? I'm guessing it's a bit quieter...

Stayed in Castellon and used the shuttles for the last 3 years. No problem atall with them, there's only 2/3 times to go to the festival so make sure you don't miss it as could be difficult getting a taxi, but coming back there is buses very regular, supposed to be every hour from midnight but they were a lot more frequent than that this year. Takes around half an hour/40 mins.

Castellon itself there isn't an awful lot to do, but a few nice restaurants and food/alcohol is dirt cheap in the supermarkets.

We stay Castellon de la Plana - next to the beach

Thinking of staying at Marina d´Or, look at Oropesa at booking.com for the best apartment prices, the nearest airport, CASTELLON from Stanstead, 4 days shuttle for 50€ if you book with your apartment,  more information danesp.com

Edited by aixa

hi - looking to book accom over next few days - never been so out of curiousity does anyone have any reliable ideas of acts likely to be playing and also when first acts are normally announced?

I usually do RW in Belgium and the guys on that forum can pretty much give you the lineup before it's even released.

My hopes would be along the lines of Twenty One Pilots, Kendrick, Prodigy, Chemy Bros etc but am unsure of budget of Benny and also what kinds of artists they go for.

Can anyone give a hints?

do they share acts with other Spanish/French/Portuguese Festivals like other fest's do?

;0

5 hours ago, Radioactive said:

hi - looking to book accom over next few days - never been so out of curiousity does anyone have any reliable ideas of acts likely to be playing and also when first acts are normally announced?

I usually do RW in Belgium and the guys on that forum can pretty much give you the lineup before it's even released.

My hopes would be along the lines of Twenty One Pilots, Kendrick, Prodigy, Chemy Bros etc but am unsure of budget of Benny and also what kinds of artists they go for.

Can anyone give a hints?

do they share acts with other Spanish/French/Portuguese Festivals like other fest's do?

;0

Just checked last years forum and first announcement was 23rd Jan 

• Upvote 1