Unofficial Boomtown 2018 Google Map

Sku

Hey everyone

Today I've been working on an making an unofficial Google map of the festival. It's got the location of the 21 main stages (not on the official map!), each district, as well as all camping and parking areas. Hope some of you find it useful!

Feel free to right click save the image below, or you can download it in ultra high res by right clicking this link.

I can't guarantee it's total accuracy, as it was done by hand based on information available online, as well as my own personal experience of attending the festival. If you have any suggestions of what I should add, let me know, it's a work in progress.

boomtown2018.jpg

• Upvote 5

58 minutes ago, Sku said:

Hey Guys

Using the map I made last week, I decided to make a guide to the best camp spots at Boomtown.

http://boomtownsource.com/2018/07/best-campsite/

It's a bit of a long read, but I just really enjoy talking about Boomtown. Hopefully at least someone here finds it helpful!

Awesome - thanks!!

1 hour ago, Sku said:

Hey Guys

Using the map I made last week, I decided to make a guide to the best camp spots at Boomtown.

http://boomtownsource.com/2018/07/best-campsite/

It's a bit of a long read, but I just really enjoy talking about Boomtown. Hopefully at least someone here finds it helpful!

Thank you. I found it very helpful and I'm now able to better visualise the site.

I hope you are wrong about how quickly areas fill up on Wednesday. Do you have any idea on numbers? ?

27 minutes ago, Miesh said:

Thank you. I found it very helpful and I'm now able to better visualise the site.

I hope you are wrong about how quickly areas fill up on Wednesday. Do you have any idea on numbers? ?

Obviously the most popular areas will fill up first, but there will still be space elsewhere. Where are you looking at heading to?

There are 16,000 tickets available for Wednesday, but not all are sold at present. Only the Western campsites are open (Dstrkt 5, Barrio-Loco, Diss-Order Alley, Metropolis). This means those 16,000 will probably mostly concentrate themselves around Dstrkt 5 and Barrio-Loco.

Edited by Sku

52 minutes ago, Sku said:

Obviously the most popular areas will fill up first, but there will still be space elsewhere. Where are you looking at heading to?

There are 16,000 tickets available for Wednesday, but not all are sold at present. Only the Western campsites are open (Dstrkt 5, Barrio-Loco, Diss-Order Alley, Metropolis). This means those 16,000 will probably mostly concentrate themselves around Dstrkt 5 and Barrio-Loco.

Thank you. 

My plan is still not 100% agreed within the group but my intention is to arrive Wednesday camp in Barrio-Loco and move to Paradise Heights on Thursday.

If we are unable/unwilling to move Thursday morning we will need some space for friends arriving Thursday. Although lack of space will encourage us to get going ?

Thanks again for your guide. Metropolis is definitely not for me x

8 minutes ago, Miesh said:

Thank you. 

My plan is still not 100% agreed within the group but my intention is to arrive Wednesday camp in Barrio-Loco and move to Paradise Heights on Thursday.

If we are unable/unwilling to move Thursday morning we will need some space for friends arriving Thursday. Although lack of space will encourage us to get going ?

Thanks again for your guide. Metropolis is definitely not for me x

Sounds OK to me. The part of Barrio Loco right next to Hidden Woods is going to fill fast, but I imagine the rest will be much slower.

26 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

One of my mates will be all about Dstrkt 5 but as we're arriving Thursday, I'm going to push for Paradise Heights. 

What time do you reckon I need to be on site for? 

Paradise Heights: I think it should be possible to find a spot there relatively easy. It depends how many people they direct up to the North Gate. It's not the busiest entrance this year now the main car park has been moved so I don't think it's going to fill up that fast.

I camped there in 2016 when it was called Wild West. We turned up pretty late and there was still a fair amount of space. 

Dstrkt 5: Will be really really full on Thursday.

Edited by Sku

2 hours ago, stalemate9 said:

Thankyou this is great!  I am going to try and aim for Camp Solo if not not too busy, which is near the west entrance from the looks of things.

I plan on getting the shuttle from the station if I can, does anyone know where this pulls up?

Shuttle from the station comes to the same place as coaches/taxi/pick up and drop off.

Ie. Right by the West gate. Perfect for Camp Solo.

27 minutes ago, Sku said:

Shuttle from the station comes to the same place as coaches/taxi/pick up and drop off.

Ie. Right by the West gate. Perfect for Camp Solo.

Fantastic that is perfect thanks for the info, eases my worries! Is the shuttle usually really busy, I plan on getting there early afternoon on the Thursday, hope there is still enough space in camp solo.

Sorry for all the questions.