Site Map

MistahParker

Looking closer it says deer lodge and great plains entrance so is Emperors entrance now just the general arena entrance?

bit pissed off paying for Emperors looking at that map.

edit - I should of read the info pack that was released with map, still has own entrance and parking according to that. 

Edited by Pooly JP

I looks to me that Emperors entrance is the same as it’s always been with Great Plains behind the main stage as you walk to lost Eden.

It looks like the Calling Out Stage is where Glow used to be with Glow behind it. Looks pretty close so there may be sound clash

Edited by SloopJohnB

1 minute ago, SloopJohnB said:

I looks to me that Emperors entrance is the same as it’s always been with Great Plains behind the main stage as you walk to lost Eden.

It looks like the Calling Out Stage is where Glow used to be with Glow behind it. Looks pretty close so there may be sound clash

Actually....if you look at the map there are 2 Glow tents....one near Calling Out and one in the Valley of Beats

I see from the info pack they are charging for parking again on re-entry for those that are chosing to leave, so you could be looking at £15 a day, not sure if they have they done that before.

Wonder if there are actually two glow tents then, or if it's a mistake as they said there was no jagerhaus and it's still on the map.  Looking forward to going to sleep in emperors with the ground shaking from the bass ha!

I've seen a lot of people who applied for accesible are complaining as they still haven't received any info on that and messages and emails haven't been answered too.

Anyway, buying all my beer, cider & spirits today and starting to pull stuff together over the next few days.......after sitting last year out I'm looking forward to getting back into the fields for what will hopefully be a cracking weekend! 

2 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

Actually....if you look at the map there are 2 Glow tents....one near Calling Out and one in the Valley of Beats

Yeah, can't help but think that's an error. The Jagerhouse is still on the map too, and I'm sure that isn't there this year either

1 hour ago, jamj said:

I see from the info pack they are charging for parking again on re-entry for those that are chosing to leave, so you could be looking at £15 a day, not sure if they have they done that before.

Surely not. That would be poor form. I`ve got my red hanger thing and may need to pop out depending on when I head down as the Mrs might get a train down. I think I would be most annoyed if they tried to charge me.....again if I need to nip out and pick her up.

She could walk from Penrith railway station I suppose. Need to think this through.

26 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Surely not. That would be poor form. I`ve got my red hanger thing and may need to pop out depending on when I head down as the Mrs might get a train down. I think I would be most annoyed if they tried to charge me.....again if I need to nip out and pick her up.

She could walk from Penrith railway station I suppose. Need to think this through.

copied from the information pack: and I agree totally poor form! 

NOTE: We generally operate a no pass out policy except in extenuating circumstances for a number of reasons including your safety and our traffic management plans for the local area, both things that allow the festival to continue year on year. If you do decide to leave you will be charged again for parking on re-entry. Opening times Campsite entry & Car Parks: Thursday: 9am – 11pm Friday: 9am – 11pm Saturday: 9am – 9pm Sunday: 9am – 9pm Monday: All campsites close at 2pm. The box office will open 9am – 9pm Thursday - Sunday

5 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

What could possibly go wrong :hunter::)

You know me to well ! We got flying looking down on emperors! Next thing the drone got a mind of its own last seen on the camera flying over the M6 ! I kept hitting the come home button! But it had gone ! My arse dropped out ! Abby was sort of laughing! So we we went for a drive to see if it was hovering! We decided we had lost it for good ! After about a 2 mile look around we drove back to where we flew it from !!!!!!! There it was smack in the middle of the car park ! FFS ! 

1 hour ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

You know me to well ! We got flying looking down on emperors! Next thing the drone got a mind of its own last seen on the camera flying over the M6 ! I kept hitting the come home button! But it had gone ! My arse dropped out ! Abby was sort of laughing! So we we went for a drive to see if it was hovering! We decided we had lost it for good ! After about a 2 mile look around we drove back to where we flew it from !!!!!!! There it was smack in the middle of the car park ! FFS ! 

:lol: Good effort. 

Can you remember if this car park charge on re-entry was a thing in previous years ?

I`m thinking I`ve paid to park my car for the whole weekend. If I need to nip out and back in, why would I need to pay again for my space. The festival is sold out FFS. They know how many cars are coming and no-one else can get in so there is no demand for the space I`ll have briefly left.

I have left the odd time over the years and never had any problem getting back in.

5 hours ago, jamj said:

copied from the information pack: and I agree totally poor form! 

NOTE: We generally operate a no pass out policy except in extenuating circumstances for a number of reasons including your safety and our traffic management plans for the local area, both things that allow the festival to continue year on year. If you do decide to leave you will be charged again for parking on re-entry. Opening times Campsite entry & Car Parks: Thursday: 9am – 11pm Friday: 9am – 11pm Saturday: 9am – 9pm Sunday: 9am – 9pm Monday: All campsites close at 2pm. The box office will open 9am – 9pm Thursday - Sunday

Cheers for this Jamj. Hopefully.....I won`t be needing to go out. If I do I`ll be forgetting I`ve ever read this ;)

8 hours ago, jamj said:

It's an error - there will be no charge for leaving / re-entry to the carparks. I don't know how it ended up in the info pack as it's never been considered but either way it should have been spotted at one of the review stages before it was published. Sorry for the alarm and thanks for spotting.

I'm not aware of any issues but will look into accessible.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, naarjtie said:

It's an error - there will be no charge for leaving / re-entry to the carparks. I don't know how it ended up in the info pack as it's never been considered but either way it should have been spotted at one of the review stages before it was published. Sorry for the alarm and thanks for spotting.

Thanks for clearing that up. We will hopefully survive without our selfie sticks :)

18 hours ago, naarjtie said:

I’ve had issues! For 6 weeks now I’ve been trying to get a Great Plains parking pass... gone backwards and forwards with ticketline via email until 2 weeks ago when the told me to contact Kendal. So I’ve done that numerous times and had no response. I was just going to pay at the gate but the info pack says it needs to be ordered prior to the festival! It’s a tad too late for that now. I’ll just have to rock up with a general pass and blag it. I’m so not impressed with the organisation of it this year. Lots of complaints from people Ref accessible camping tickets etc. 

30 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I’ve had issues! For 6 weeks now I’ve been trying to get a Great Plains parking pass... gone backwards and forwards with ticketline via email until 2 weeks ago when the told me to contact Kendal. So I’ve done that numerous times and had no response. I was just going to pay at the gate but the info pack says it needs to be ordered prior to the festival! It’s a tad too late for that now. I’ll just have to rock up with a general pass and blag it. I’m so not impressed with the organisation of it this year. Lots of complaints from people Ref accessible camping tickets etc. 

Not worth stressing over the correct hanger ! You have a Great Plains ticket you can show them at the car park you won’t have a problem they always had spares at the emperors gate . Just make sure you go to the correct colour gate 

As for the accessibility questions I’m sure they will get answers by Tuesday they are all busy at Bluedot their attention will shift tomorrow to Kendal 

Edited by LOCHLAND5

5 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Not worth stressing over the correct hanger ! You have a Great Plains ticket you can show them at the car park you won’t have a problem they always had spares at the emperors gate . Just make sure you go to the correct colour gate 

As for the accessibility questions I’m sure they will get answers by Tuesday they are all busy at Bluedot their attention will shift tomorrow to Kendal 

I didn’t know they were the same team as Bluedot. I understand they’re busy but never had to contact them before. Feel like I’m getting no where. Will hope for the best. Cheers Lochland5!!

We had this issue a few years ago with our Emperors Field car parking not arriving, we just showed our tickets at one of the gates and were given a hanger there and then. I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem as showing your ticket as EF & GP include free parking.

Three sleeps to go :D