Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 1975 forming in 2002 is the craziest shit.

Arctic Monkeys have let themselves go hey... 

Escobar Raisins is another underwhelming announcement. What's with all the emo?

Posted Images

Just heard back off their travel team, no information until next week about how to get back to Madrid after the festival! Doesn't help too much I've got free cancellation on our current apartment until the 03/07 if its miles away from any drop off points and need to find something closer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MikeyRolo said:

Just heard back off their travel team, no information until next week about how to get back to Madrid after the festival! Doesn't help too much I've got free cancellation on our current apartment until the 03/07 if its miles away from any drop off points and need to find something closer.

In the price of festival they included ticket of bus. Last year they have public bus to Plaza Castilla and Plaza Colon.

Last year too, they have line 8 of underground open with only 2 stops, IFEMA (mad cool) and Nuevos Ministerios.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MikeyRolo said:

Just heard back off their travel team, no information until next week about how to get back to Madrid after the festival! Doesn't help too much I've got free cancellation on our current apartment until the 03/07 if its miles away from any drop off points and need to find something closer.

thats very bad! I'm stuck with 2 bookings with free cancellation until next week, one in the center which I don't know if there will be buses and one close to Nuevos Ministerios station which I don't know if the metro line 8 will run as last year....  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

thats very bad! I'm stuck with 2 bookings with free cancellation until next week, one in the center which I don't know if there will be buses and one close to Nuevos Ministerios station which I don't know if the metro line 8 will run as last year....  

Yeah im pretty much in the same situation, I've found a hotel near Nuevos Ministerios, last year the buses sounded awful and metro seems quicker.

17 minutes ago, Degu said:

In the price of festival they included ticket of bus. Last year they have public bus to Plaza Castilla and Plaza Colon.

Last year too, they have line 8 of underground open with only 2 stops, IFEMA (mad cool) and Nuevos Ministerios.

Do you think it'll be similar this year? I've booked an Air BnB south of Retiro Park debating cancelling and getting a hotel near Nuevos Ministerios. Google maps seems to show a big walk from Plaza de Colon to the air BnB which is the far side of the park, do you know if that's the case? And based on last year am I better off staying nearer the metro stop?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeyRolo said:

Yeah im pretty much in the same situation, I've found a hotel near Nuevos Ministerios, last year the buses sounded awful and metro seems quicker.

Do you think it'll be similar this year? I've booked an Air BnB south of Retiro Park debating cancelling and getting a hotel near Nuevos Ministerios. Google maps seems to show a big walk from Plaza de Colon to the air BnB which is the far side of the park, do you know if that's the case? And based on last year am I better off staying nearer the metro stop?

South retiro, near atocha is far to colon, maybe 30 or 40 minutos walking quickly. 

We don't know if transport are the same that last year, they only says that price include transport of buses in december. This year maybe only sell 50K/60 K tickets per day. 

Maybe it's better if you have your house near Colon, Nuevos Ministerios or Plaza castilla . I live near plaza castilla and last year we spend maybe 15 minutos from festival to my home. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else still waiting for tickets via DHL?

Got an email a few weeks back saying "We soon deliver you one or multiple parcels from MADCOOL FESTIVAL."

Since then nothing, when you try and track it the page says: "We don´t have information about your parcel yet. Please check that you have entered the data correctly, our system is case-sensitive!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Degu said:

In the price of festival they included ticket of bus. Last year they have public bus to Plaza Castilla and Plaza Colon.

Last year too, they have line 8 of underground open with only 2 stops, IFEMA (mad cool) and Nuevos Ministerios.

To be fair, once you get to one of those stops, its fairly straightforward to get a taxi

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Username taken said:

To be fair, once you get to one of those stops, its fairly straightforward to get a taxi

Was it? Debating leaving the apartment where it is and jumping on whichever's quickest bus or metro and getting an taxi/uber from wherever we land.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeyRolo said:

Was it? Debating leaving the apartment where it is and jumping on whichever's quickest bus or metro and getting an taxi/uber from wherever we land.

Yeah, our first night last year was a nightmare as we got on one of the buses which left you on the very outskirts of Madrid.  The other 2 nights we got the tube and there were taxis aplenty when we got off.  We were staying in Sol, so a 10/15 euro ride back at that point

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I've just landed in Bristol as I'm going to Glastonbury. If I understand correctly the mail I've got, my wristband was sent only yesterday so I am going to the festival without the wristband. Hopefully everything will be ok ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Yeah, our first night last year was a nightmare as we got on one of the buses which left you on the very outskirts of Madrid.  The other 2 nights we got the tube and there were taxis aplenty when we got off.  We were staying in Sol, so a 10/15 euro ride back at that point

how was it to get back at the metro? did it take a lot of time to enter the station or the train? do you remember what was the frequency of line 8 at night? that's why I'm thinking this time staying near it's last station but still don't know if will be the same

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jparx said:

How are people doing on the ticket front? I haven't heard a peep from them re: delivery. Website says they will be here by the 5th July so not quite worrying yet, but it's approaching the worry zone for sure.

Exact same boat as you man, I emailed them last week and they just said that they will defo be there before the 5th of July, but i find it strange how my friend who bought a solo ticket received his nearly 3 weeks ago and we bought them on the same day. Is it because I have bought 4 perhaps?... how many have you purchased?

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

how was it to get back at the metro? did it take a lot of time to enter the station or the train? do you remember what was the frequency of line 8 at night? that's why I'm thinking this time staying near it's last station but still don't know if will be the same

No, it was an absolute doddle

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that haven't received tickets yet it's worth checking your spam email folder. I found an email from Mad Cool yesterday that was sent last week asking me to confirm my address details. I checked with Festtickets that the email address was legit and it was, emailed Mad Cool today and thy confirmed they would now send the wristbands to me,

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, leekstokie said:

For those that haven't received tickets yet it's worth checking your spam email folder. I found an email from Mad Cool yesterday that was sent last week asking me to confirm my address details. I checked with Festtickets that the email address was legit and it was, emailed Mad Cool today and thy confirmed they would now send the wristbands to me,

I have to say I was rather impressed with the quick response from Mad Cool when I enquired about my tickets. I was told mine would be with me shortly via DHL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MikeyRolo said:

Was it? Debating leaving the apartment where it is and jumping on whichever's quickest bus or metro and getting an taxi/uber from wherever we land.

Yep it was. Last year I stayed in Chueca and, okay, first night I walked my ass from Nuevos Ministerios and I was not so happy, but second day i catched a taxi omw home totally randomly. 

Last night I stayed til 6 am so metro service was up.

 

I would not say it was so bad, but I remember that second day I was this close to call it off because it was just to tiring to walk miles after one entire night dancing

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, is anyone in need of a Weekend wristband? One of my mates has dropped out last minute this year, and gonna find it hard to shift at such short notice now.

Have it in hand, so if in the UK you could either collect it off me (Birmingham) or I'd post it free of charge. Would be looking for £120

I'm based in the UK, but will be there also on the 10th July onwards.

 

Also have a spare flight, but that's from Birmingham with RyanAir, and they want £155 each way to change the name, so looks like I'll at least have a bit more elbow room flying over.

edit: WB in pic...

 

 

IMG_5990.JPG

Edited by Pazzard
Uploading picture.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there still a lot of you that dont have your wristbands?  We have not yet received ours and have not received the email from the courier saying it was delivered yet and we leave on Saturday. 

They have been responding to my emails but just to say they were still working on deliveries and that if we dont receive it in time we can pick it up at the festival.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...