Good stuff. Hot Chip would be a great addition. The lineup is already top tier for me, but if we end up with Hot Chip, YYYs and Florence as well it's almost a festival lineup of my favourite playlist...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 1975 forming in 2002 is the craziest shit.

Arctic Monkeys have let themselves go hey... 

Escobar Raisins is another underwhelming announcement. What's with all the emo?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Colouring Book said:

Where is everyone staying for this? We booked a nice hostel in the city centre but no pool. We're thinking of looking for somewhere different? Has anyone got the address or location of the festival please so we can look at distances etc. I couldn't see the actual address online. 

You want to look for "Valdebebas" on Google Maps. 

I agree - finding the address was a real pain. They need to make that more clear.

We've just booked a hotel near the airport for convenience getting to and from the festival. There seems to a be a split between people that would rather stay in the city so they can sight see/drink during the day, and people who would rather stay closer to the festival to minimise traffic headaches. I guess it's down to what you would prefer!

1 hour ago, Colouring Book said:

Where is everyone staying for this? We booked a nice hostel in the city centre but no pool. We're thinking of looking for somewhere different? Has anyone got the address or location of the festival please so we can look at distances etc. I couldn't see the actual address online. 

Last year I rented a flat with some mates, better value for money than a hostel IMO. Its between Valdebebas and Ifema (Feria de Madrid) and from the city its easy to get there. From the city take the Train  C1 or C 10 to Valdebebas station or Metro line 8 to Feria de Madrid station. To get back, its maybe harder. I think at the moment, they don't know if the will have a Metro  service running during the night. Las year I always used the shuttle bus. They took us either to Plaza de Colón or to Plaza de Castilla. I found it quite tricky to catch a cab at night to get back, maybe i was at the wrong place...

We stayed at mola hostel last year and booked again this year. Everyone in our room was going to the festival so it was a bit like staying at a campsite with everyone swapping stories. It was clean, massive social area downstairs and a few mins from Sol station in the city center. Would  recommend :)

We got tickets for this last week after deciding the Glastonbury gods were probably not going to smile on us this year after having three years of getting tickets.

Already loads on the line-up to get excited about but still impatient for the second wave to get announced. Are people expecting an announcement in the next week or so?

8 minutes ago, crouchingpigeon said:

We got tickets for this last week after deciding the Glastonbury gods were probably not going to smile on us this year after having three years of getting tickets.

Already loads on the line-up to get excited about but still impatient for the second wave to get announced. Are people expecting an announcement in the next week or so?

I imagine we'll get something around pay day. Most festivals seem to be dropping news at the moment so hopefully by next Friday we'll have something to sink our teeth in to. 

24 minutes ago, crouchingpigeon said:

What do we think are the chances of Foals being one of the unannounced headliners. Looks like it would fit with their schedule as they're in Barcelona on July 5th and Benidorm on July 26th although those are festivals so Mad Cool could have been announced at the same time as them if they had them booked?

Played in 2017 so not going to have that quick a turnaround. Also organisers said they really want to avoid repeat bookings in short time frame. i'd say next year would be earliest but with a double album being released I could see them in 2020. But more than likely they'll do other fests on that july weekend elsewhere in the world. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

Foals are rapidly in danger of becoming one of those bands that play the same festivals every other year. For their sake they should try and mix it up as much as possible. Biffy did the same thing and I get the sense there's a feeling of apahty whenever they're announced for a festival.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

This is how the National should have been placed at Mad Cool Festival if the lineup was as strong as last year. They are not a headliner band anymore

AB7F430C-7314-442E-BA5F-112FEDD50554.jpeg

how is the prodigy bigger than the national in 2019?

• Like 2