17 minutes ago, jparx said:

Could be Florence. Doesn't look like she will play Mad Cool AND NOS given the current state of play, but if she plays Mad Cool on the new Wednesday then she can do NOS on the Thursday and then BST Saturday, TRNSMT on Sunday. 

Can't see it being someone as massive as Kanye if it's reduced capacity for that day. 

Don't think they'd add a day for Florence, she doesnt have that pull, cant even sell out her own dates.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Don't think they'd add a day for Florence, she doesnt have that pull, cant even sell out her own dates.

You're assuming they've added the extra date for a specific act though. They might have decided to put on extra day before they had a lineup and then gone out to find acts to play it. 

You might be setting yourself up for disappointment by wanting Kanye or Muse. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

You're assuming they've added the extra date for a specific act though. They might have decided to put on extra day before they had a lineup and then gone out to find acts to play it. 

You might be setting yourself up for disappointment by wanting Kanye or Muse. 

I know, I dream big. :(

It's probably going to be a day for the Madrid community or something with some mid level act.

Similar to MGMT last year.

Where's this come from? That links to a deleted post. If they have something on the Weds (or Sun?) then surely it's using the site for a gig or a small thing in the city (as you mentioned). 

My take is that's a separate event (maybe with a discount for those who already have tickets to the festival) with only one or two stages. This can give them an opportunity to sign a band from another spanish festival or have a go at someone who became free on that day. In addition, it may also be an opportunity to test all their systems with a smaller scale before the first day of the festival to avoid what happen on day1 in 2018 edition. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I know, I dream big. :(

It's probably going to be a day for the Madrid community or something with some mid level act.

Similar to MGMT last year.

I think that's exactly what it'll be tbh!

Maybe they had information before it was released but were supposed to wait till Mad Cool made the announcement themselves but someone jumped the gun or the Mad Cool announcement got delayed?

20 minutes ago, Jaykc82 said:

Maybe they had information before it was released but were supposed to wait till Mad Cool made the announcement themselves but someone jumped the gun or the Mad Cool announcement got delayed?

There was a conference held this afternoon during the Eurosonic Noorderslag with one of the mad cool organizers (and several others well known festival were represented), my guess is that something might have been discussed there, not sure though.

• Upvote 1

Something's happening on 'day 0', but "it is not a fourth day nor is it included with the weekend ticket. It is independent. "

3 hours ago, gregory said:

Something's happening on 'day 0', but "it is not a fourth day nor is it included with the weekend ticket. It is independent. "

Last year, there was a pre-festival concert by MGMT, could be that they're expanding that to something like Primavera with a bit more acts on one evening.

Any chance this "Day 0" thing is just the same as the MGMT deal last year, but someone has got the wrong end of the stick somewhere along the line?

Edited by jparx

Last year today, they added Jack White,Wolf Alice, Eels, Young Fathers, Richie Hawtin, Odesza, Daniel Avery, Leon Bridges, and Kevin Morby. They will probably announce January's artists next week

All booked to go back again this year. Line up is looking great even if not as strong as last year.

Hope first day logistics better! Looking forward to rest of the acts being announced.

Ok so don’t groan but I reckon it could be The Strokes on Day 0.

They would have to add a day to fit them in and they’re obviously not exclusive. Then it’s apparently on the grounds (unlike MGMT) and they wouldn’t bother with that for anything small - reduced capacity ofc but I imagine the day would be a single stage so that’s sensible - and I’m sure it’d be great for weekend tickets even if it is a separately ticketed event.

18 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Ok so don’t groan but I reckon it could be The Strokes on Day 0.

They would have to add a day to fit them in and they’re obviously not exclusive. Then it’s apparently on the grounds (unlike MGMT) and they wouldn’t bother with that for anything small - reduced capacity ofc but I imagine the day would be a single stage so that’s sensible - and I’m sure it’d be great for weekend tickets even if it is a separately ticketed event.

Nice one for adding yet another loop to my ‘can I see the Strokes in 2019?’ emotional rollercoaster. 

Would Jules fancy the 5 days in a row with travelling in between though? 🤔

This is my first time going to this festival any tips for a newbie already have my flights n apt booked so like what to bring to the gig and general stuff,  cheers 

22 minutes ago, Paddyc82 said:

This is my first time going to this festival any tips for a newbie already have my flights n apt booked so like what to bring to the gig and general stuff,  cheers 

Money and a sense of adventure. 

maybe a light jacket for the evening when the temperature drops and a battery pack for charging your phone if you need it. 

Don't forget to bring the 'Good times'. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Paddyc82 said:

I hope you ordered the wristband to your home, otherwise you may have to wait for hours in the sun and heat to exchange it on the first day.

And learn some Spanish, a big beer at mad cool is called "mini" ;)

• Like 1

Yep I ordered to my home, I try learn a bit, staying near the centre but didn't know about this site at the time, can't wait for a open air festival and not get pissed on

YYYs are a top tier act on my wishlist for any festival. They were unbelievable at APE last year so really hoping they make an appearance.